Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Groan... cliffhangers :|
on a scale of 1-10 on the anguish that caused me when i read the last bit, where it stops right where it gets interesting, i'll give it a 7.
and about the clouds, if it came in time Zaros could've froze the water vapour in clouds and deal a massive ice attack like a blizzard. then aisthma (or however u spell it, sry) wouldn't stand a chance.

10-Jun-2008 01:28:33

[#SFYWDQCRD]

[#SFYWDQCRD]

Posts: 1,865 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stop the groaning! *Is still hypnotized* I love cliffhangers! Without them, you cant make a prediction. *is kinda hypnotized* What am I saying?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Royal signiture of heir to throne of Sparx,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(¯`•._)Mëmbër×Ïñ×Wrî†êrš×Õƒ×Rûñë§cåpë(¯`•._)
(¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨) ­­­­­­­­¨`*^~¤~„¸1Ø7 §Î§§Ý¸„~¤~^*´¨ (¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨)
(¸„¤^*´¨¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸)LÕvÊ ©hÃñgʧ Êvʮ݆hÎñg(¸„¤^*´¨¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸)
~v~ Scribe of The Amethyst Library ~v~

10-Jun-2008 21:04:59

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chapter Three: Amascut the Devourer
The morning was cold, unusually cold in that area of Gielinor. The guard raised his eyes to the east, hoping to see the sun rising over the horizon. Not yet, not yet. There was still a good hour before dawn. He stood before the white marble wall of the outpost, guarding its northern gate.
He wore the four-pronged star proudly on his chest. Very few people of this area worshipped the god of order, but he had pride in his diety. Saradomin was the way, and the only way to keep peace and order in the chaotic world of the time.
The conflict between the Sons of Raldeir and the Empire had not reached this place. Emperor Zaros had met with the chief Saradominist Knights and pledged to leave the area in peace. It had once belonged to the Odorin goblin tribe, before it and the Dorgeshuun had merged into one tribe. The goblins lived to the southeast, on the banks of the Lum. So this area, between the Empire, the Lum, and the Mountain of Ylva, had fallen to the Saradominists. It had been called Falador, the first Saradominist outpost on the mainland after the priests had ventured off the island of Entrana.
The guard leaned against the walls. The winds may be shifting in other areas, but it was all still peaceful in Falador. He sighed. Even at this early hour, he felt alive.
"Having a good morning?" asked his friend, Paltaon, another guard.
"About like usual," Edmain replied. "Nothing much is going on."
Paltaon sat beside him and halved his loaf of bread with Edmain. "A little odd, isn't it?"
"What?"
"Since Emperor Zaros and his General Zamorak are gone, don't you think that this is the time for whoever's revolting to just do it already?"
"Yeah, the silence is a little unnerving. It means that whoever's pulling the strings has some other motive."
Paltaon lay back. "As long as this stays out of our neighborhood, I'm fine with it."
"You took the words right out of my mouth."

11-Jun-2008 05:39:40

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The two friends sat in silence for some time, looking into the deep forests of Gielinor. Not long before, this area was a war-torn zone in the Odorin-Dorgeshuun conflict, as well as being a preying ground for rogue Mahjarrat. Now, it was a tranquil scene, where the only thing to worry about was the occasional wild animal.
"Who's that?" asked Paltaon, breaking the silence.
Edmain looked out of the post, and he saw a man walking down the moonlit path toward Falador. He was wearing a black cloak and was completely covered. The two guards looked on, and they couldn't see anything about him. He strode silently toward the gate, and Paltaon and Edmain only watched.
The mysterious man arrived at the gate and stopped. "Good morning, gentlemen," he said cordially.
"Who are you?" asked Edmain, trying not to stammer.
"Well, that wouldn't be any fun. I can't tell you, or I would be discovered as the betrayer of the Emperor."
Edmain and Paltaon just sat there in silence after this declaration. Their hearts began to race. This was no ordinary man.
"You have nothing to fear, gentlemen," the man continued. "As long as you don't open your mouths about tonight."
They nodded dumbly.
"Now, bring me Dhalak," the stranger commanded.
"No need, I'm here," came a voice from the gate. It was Dhalak, one of the most powerful wizards in Falador. "I divined that you would be here, you snake."
"That's not a pleasant way to greet company," the stranger said with a false affront.
Dhalak walked away from the gate. "We'll be taking a walk," he told the guards. "If I don't return in ten minutes, send word for the cavalry to hunt this guy down."
"Unnecessary," the stranger replied as Dhalak joined him on the path. "I just want to speak with you."
Dhalak and the man walked away, out of Edmain and Paltaon's sight. "What was that about?" asked Paltaon.
Edmain sighed and sat back down. "I don't have a clue, but it can't be good," was his answer.

11-Jun-2008 06:11:21

[#HM330562D]

[#HM330562D]

Posts: 1,145 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok...We've obviously hit the story from the ghostly robes miniquest here...My guess is that the mysterious stranger who was meeting Dhalak is Viggora...Interesting development in any case. Can't be Zamorak, he's still with Zaros and Amascut's followers.
Hrrm. What was he meeting Dhalak for? I can't remember the developments fully from that storyline.

12-Jun-2008 23:24:16

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The plot thickens... but it does begs the question that who is the hooded stranger? it's not Zamorak, as aforementioned, but then who else could be the "betrayer of the emperor"? nobody we currently know from in-game history could do it:
Hazeel - not enough brains
Enakhra - in the desert, so it can't be her
Lucien - Okay... maybe it could be him after all...

12-Jun-2008 23:50:25

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The man walked alongside Dhalak along the path, his arm scratching the robes on his sides, as if his oblique muscles were on fire. The stranger looked uncomfortable in his own skin. Dhalak took notice and stored this information away for future use.
"Well...you," Dhalak began. "What can I call you?"
The man's dark eyes looked him over for a moment before he answered. "It's not important. What is important is that you do exactly as I say."
Before Dhalak could question him, the man pulled a bundle of cloth out from underneath his cloak. It was a long, slender bundle, and the man unraveled it to reveal a staff. Dhalak looked it over, and the realization that struck him next almost knocked him onto his back.
"Is that...the god staff of Armadyl?"
The man smiled. "Yes, it is. Then, you must realize the power it contains. It would not be beneficial to my cause for Zaros to learn that it is in my hands."
Dhalak thought a moment. "You want me to conceal it, then?"
"Exactly. You aren't a fan of Zaros, are you? Think of how far the Saradominists could spread if his Empire is dispersed."
"But what of his successor in your new order?"
"He would not be a god, so there is no comparison."
Dhalak turned his eyes upward, staring into the morning sky. Saradomin, he thought, what is your will in all this? Then, he returned his gaze to the stranger. "Hand me the staff."
The stranger complied. Dhalak held the staff and looked it over. "How does the magic work in this staff?" he asked. "What is the process of conversion that it uses?"
The man's face went blank, and Dhalak smiled internally. This man didn't know. There was someone pulling the strings from the background.
Dhalak muttered an incantation and handed the staff back to the stranger. "It is done, and best of luck."
Dhalak began to walk back to the city, and the stranger made no move to stop him. Dhalak smiled again. Playing both sides of this was going to be fun.

13-Jun-2008 05:45:55

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top