Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

Nuada
Aug Member 2021

Nuada

Posts: 3,494 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sorry all. I do not wish for Riekan to do cliffhangers.
What I do wish for is to be put on a tightrope biting my nails, fighting fly vampires and dragons kilometres above a lava filled chasm whilst doing a headstand.
Now you would have too agree. :)

26-May-2008 02:44:34

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chapter Two: Aithama's Ambush

"Halt!" yelled the guards, running down the corridors of the palace. "Freeze, now!"
The intruder hit the next corridor at a dead run, turning the corridor like he knew where he was going. The captain of King Amsca's Royal Guard, who was one of the pursuers, understood exactly where he was going.
"Dear Elidinis," the captain gasped. "He's going for the courtyard."
The man dashed along the final hallway and leaped over the stone railing onto the grassy courtyard. The guard was right behind him. It was a bodyguard's worst nightmare. An uncatchable intruder that was heading directly for a party composed of a King, his newlywed wife, and an Emperor.
"Someone stop him!" bellowed the captain, but many of the partygoers were not people of action, so none tried to stand in the man's way.
Zaros stepped away from Amsca and Enakhra, ready to stop him. However, the man didn't make a move to attack. Instead, he fell prostrate onto the ground before them.
The guards weren't far behind. The leader leapt onto the man's back and forced his face into the dirt. "What's going on here?" demanded Amsca.
"This man took out a guard and stormed the palace," the captain replied. "Judging by the the complexion and features, I'd say he's a Uzerian."
"I'll be the judge of that," Zaros replied. The guard got off the intruder, and Zaros lifted the man up by his neck right in front of him. Zaros stared long and hard into the man's face, and he realized that it was familiar. He couldn't remember, but he got the feeling of Kharyll whenever he saw him.
"You remind me of Kharyll," Zaros said, a bit of venom entering his voice. It was from that night, six years before. "You could be one of Raldeir's sons."
The man's face paled. "No, my Lord! I am not!"
"Then who are you?" Zaros barked. "Tell me your name!"
"My name, sire?" The man replied. The boy's face appeared in Zaros's mind when he answered. "I am Ruari."

26-May-2008 05:12:59 - Last edited on 28-May-2008 18:19:00 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros dropped him to the ground. "Ruari?" he repeated. It was all coming back. Ruari's face reminded him of Kharyll because it was that night when Ihrba*ka showed Zaros the vision of his father's past. In the replay of the death of his parents, Zaros had seen a boy that his father died to save. That boy was Ruari. After all these years, Ruari had returned.
"You knew my father," Zaros said.
Ruari was taken aback. "How did you know that? You were but a baby when I last saw you, and I heard that no one survived."
"It's a long story," Zaros responded. "I thought that no one survived as well. Why didn't you ever come to find me?"
"I heard nothing about anyone from the caravan. I escaped the slaughter and barely escaped capture by Amascut soon after. I knew this part of the desert wasn't safe, so I went east to Uzer. There I lived my life, but I never forgot about the caravan, or my hero Hasan. I heard rumors about a man named Zaros from Khaseph, and immediately I thought back to Hasan and his son, you. I came, but you had gone away to the north. I returned to Uzer, and several years later, I heard that you had taken over control of the Empire. I listened, and I heard your story from afar for many years. Then, King Amsca announced his wedding, and I heard that you would be attending. I knew that this was the best chance I would ever have to know you. So, here I am."
Zaros mulled it over, and it all made sense. "Amsca," he said to his friend, "I would like it if you did not hold any grudges against this man."
"None at all," Amsca replied.
"Ruari," Zaros knelt beside the man. "I am glad you came. You're a living reminder of everything that came before me. Now, go home. You have a life to live of your own."
"No, my Lord," Ruari replied. "I have no life but for your father. I cannot serve Hasan, so I will serve his son. He saved me, at the cost of his own life. Please grant me this request."
Zaros sighed. "Why not?"

26-May-2008 05:26:04

[#SFYWDQCRD]

[#SFYWDQCRD]

Posts: 1,865 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bumperz! Write more! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Royal signiture of heir to throne of Sparx,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(¯`•._)Mëmbër×Ïñ×Wrî†êrš×Õƒ×Rûñë§cåpë(¯`•._)
(¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨) ­­­­­­­­¨`*^~¤~„¸1Ø7 §Î§§Ý¸„~¤~^*´¨ (¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨)
(¸„¤^*´¨¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸)LÕvÊ ©hÃñgʧ Êvʮ݆hÎñg(¸„¤^*´¨¨­­­­­­­­`*^¤„¸)
~v~ Scribe of The Amethyst Library ~v~

26-May-2008 13:37:47

Fentom11

Fentom11

Posts: 915 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you know, if i was Riekan id stop writing the story until all the idiotic death threats had stopped.
saying ur gonna feed to to sharks probably wont get a quicker response out of him, show some gratitude and wait for him to post the next parts on his own time
--------
i didn't know that you were alerjic to a joke :D
and i said we'll feed him to the pythons to "squzze the story out of him" i didn't start the hanging from the cilft either

26-May-2008 14:45:54 - Last edited on 26-May-2008 14:50:27 by Fentom11

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top