Forums

Clash of the Incarnations

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice work dude :) . Every installment of this story is brilliant like a very good book. Unfortunately I am one of those people who if he likes a book will not stop reading til it's finished. I always feel sad when I finish reading the post. :(

So may I ask is he going to go to other means for money such as stealing for items or does he find friends and depart? I know from instinct that he is going to meet one of these three people again. The most interesting is the girl in the woods who seems as there is more to tell... -.- Possibly he makes friends in the city or meets that redhaired girl again there. Possibly he goes out exploring for money. Many many many possibilities... But one thing I can tell. Again and again very cleverly and skillfully you have hammered money into the plot in so giving me a firm inclination that it is important. Correct?

But then again he could just as well leave for other reasons aka cue the hagrid/harry potter scene where somebody turns up taking somebody with them in leaving.

Good luck! :D

Edit: Of the neccy, it is the only thing linking him to the whole plot which is the reason for its importance? May I beg you one question.

Does it have special powers?

Also the blonde girl he met. Is she by any chance related to that blonde boy he met? Just a hunch.

29-Dec-2009 02:42:29 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2009 13:14:58 by [#45SO12LQO]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, Toby! And money will be less important as the story goes on, it's importance now is to help set up Daigan's character. Correct, he will see the red-haired hunter again. Also, the necklace is very important. It has several secret powers, explained later.

And they are not related; such a bond would make their relationship as boyfriend-girlfriend very inappropriate ;)

31-Dec-2009 01:08:47

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol I knew they must have something to do with each other at least. They were both blonde so I shot at brother and sister.

Hmm but the powers would need him to be under pressure or something to be unleashed alike to when Zaros froze that mummy of the high priest and desert lizard when he was in danger?

31-Dec-2009 13:43:02 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2009 13:51:57 by [#45SO12LQO]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

As Daigan edged through the crowd on his way out of town, he was fuming. What would Alaric say? There was nothing he could do; as always, the wide world operated without any consideration of that small family living in the middle of the woods.

The crowds thinned at the edge of the city, and Daigan hit the road at full speed. He was ready to be rid of this place; it certainly wanted nothing to do with him.

“Hey, you!” barked a loud voice from behind him. Daigan turned, and it was the boy from earlier, his two cronies right by his side. However, along with them this time was the girl that pointed Daigan to the store.

“What do you want?” Daigan returned. He was in no mood for this.

“You think you can mess with Randall Malden II? Alice told me that you were hanging around her earlier.”

“I asked for directions. So what?”

“You need to watch yourself, talking with my girlfriend.”

“Now you’re going to tell me who I can talk to?” Daigan snapped back. It was out before he could stop it; the feverish anger that burned within him spurred him on.

“Yes, I am! I don’t think you realize who I am!”

“I realize it! That’s why I’m not gonna let high-strung scum like you order me around!”

“Randall!” the girl cried suddenly. “Let’s just leave.”

The boy held up his hand to silence her. “I will not let forest trash talk to me in such a way!” He walked over to Daigan, their eyes locked. “You should watch yourself.”

“Or what?” Daigan replied. Then, Randall moved with quickness that Daigan did not see coming. He punched Daigan squarely in the stomach. Daigan fell to his knees, gasping from the sudden strike.

02-Jan-2010 05:59:50

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

“Or you’ll end up on the ground, where you belong,” Randall shot back. “Now, let’s go,” he said as he motioned the others to follow him.

Daigan lay in the dirt path, his chest pounding and his mind racing. He choked back the pain from Randall’s punch; it had been overcome by an intense anger. The hatred and rage that burned within him had roared into an inferno, and he had lost all control of it. He wanted Randall to suffer. He wanted him to feel his own pain.

“Wait,” Daigan croaked from the dirt.

Randall turned back around, the smirk still on his face. “You want more?”

Daigan got slowly back to his feet. Then, he raised his head to let his glowering, hatred-filled face look upon his prey. “I think you’ll be the one getting it this time.”

With that, Daigan took off at full speed toward the boy. Randall sidestepped Daigan’s first punch, and then he drove his knee into Daigan’s stomach. Daigan doubled over again, but this time, he hooked Randall’s neck with his arm and dragged the rich boy down with him. He pulled Randall over him, and Daigan raised his head, driving it into Randall’s torso. His enemy fell beside him, in just as much pain as Daigan.

Suddenly, one of Randall’s friends came running, delivering a kick to Daigan. The force of the kick sent Daigan rolling down the path away from them. Then, the boy helped Randall to his feet.

“You’ll pay for that!” Randall roared, and then he chased after Daigan.

Daigan had only rolled over when Randall was upon him. The bully kicked Daigan in the chest, and then he pulled Daigan up to his feet, delivering another punch. At this point, Daigan was fuming even more viciously than before. He lost all sense; all that remained was the enemy, the one to be punished.

02-Jan-2010 06:00:21

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Daigan pulled the bronze dagger from his belt. Carried on by the fire of anger, he swung his arm upward, driving the dagger into Randall’s chest. The bully cried in pain, but Daigan held the dagger firmly in place. The boy’s crimson blood spurted from the wound, bathing Daigan’s hand in the warm stream pouring out of Randall’s chest. Daigan writhed as the blood made contact, but he continued to press the dagger. Randall kept struggling, until suddenly his body went limp and lifeless. His eyes darkened, and Daigan removed the dagger and numbly let the body fall to the ground. Daigan stood in shock over Randall’s body, completely unable to process what had happened and what he had done.

Then, Alice screamed. The resounding scream echoed throughout the woods, shaking Daigan back to reality. She and the two others ran back into Edgeville, and Daigan knew there would be people coming soon. His eyes wild, he took off at full speed down the path into the woods away from the city.

-------------

Daigan sprinted through the trees on his way back to his home. However, his mind was racing far more quickly than even he could run. They would follow him back to the house; enough people knew where he lived. His final visit here would have to be short.

He entered the clearing, and he could see the cottage before him. There was a small lantern lit by the window. Since the sun had set recently, darkness had fallen while he was still out. They were waiting on him.

“Daigan!” called a voice from the front door. His mother was waiting there, relieved to see him returning. She obviously couldn’t see his face from that distance.

He continued up the path, and then his mother saw the look of horror on his face. “Daigan! What’s wrong?”

Daigan did*’t answer. He simply kept moving toward the house. “Alaric!” his mother called into the house. “Something’s wrong with Daigan!”

02-Jan-2010 06:01:08 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2010 02:03:20 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

His father came to the doorway as well just as Daigan made it up to the house. “What happened?” Alaric asked.

Tears were rolling down Daigan’s face as he looked upon his parents, both so blissfully unaware of his darkness. Pain tore at every muscle fiber in his body as he told them what had happened. He clawed at each word, and repeating the scene was even worse than performing it in the first place. Daigan’s mother cried as he told the tale, and she buried her face on his father’s shoulder. Alaric simply stared at Daigan, his face revealing nothing of the madness inside.

“Why?” Daigan’s mother wailed.

“I…I just acted,” Daigan replied in shame.

“You’ve ruined your life!” Alaric replied. “And ours, as well! We can’t continue our business without you!”

Daigan lowered his head, staring at the floorboards. Alaric shook his head and scowled. “You can** stay here,” he said. “Go get him some bread.” Daigan’s mother wiped her eyes and obliged, going quickly into the house.

“Do you still have the dagger?” Alaric asked, and Daigan nodded. He was shocked by his father’s actions.

“Good. You must leave. You understand what will happen if they catch you.” Daigan nodded. He knew full well.

Daigan’s final moments in the cottage of his birth went by in a rush. His head and heart pounded as he hugged his parents one last time, took the provisions for his trip, and left. Daigan dashed through the woods away from the tiny house, leaving his old life behind in the dead of night.

02-Jan-2010 06:01:30 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2010 02:02:37 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Quick find code: 49-50-417-59988625 Back to Top