Forums

Infamous

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456

[#KH18V9PAY]

[#KH18V9PAY]

Posts: 1,073 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bookmarked, I'm gonna tell the two who are still talking to each other on ADR to check this one out

Edit: I just finished the prologue, haha, Cyan's in this one eh? coolio I know you said no bios for now, and I got that, so I'm just gonna stifle myself, but my heads exploding with ideas, as it always is.

19-May-2010 02:41:02 - Last edited on 19-May-2010 19:06:45 by [#KH18V9PAY]

[#KH18V9PAY]

[#KH18V9PAY]

Posts: 1,073 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*birds chirping*

That is correct, I have retur-
SHADDUP!!!!

*chirping stops*

I have returned! of course it always seems like every time i come back its like halfway through one of regeena's disappearances... oh well...

oh and SINCE we're here...

BUMP!

ps, if ur readin this reg, I read it all, liked it!

22-May-2010 05:41:14

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Posts: 2,868 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess who's back!

What? No!

I'm serious! Guess!

...NO! No no, not him... :@

Well, anyway, since you're either not very much fun or a horrible guesser...I'm back!

Who am I? I am Reegena!

Okay, I may be back, but I'm 99% sure that I don't have a single page written. I'll have to go and look, though. I'll get back to y'all on it.

~Reegena
"I'm going to stop comparing myself to people. Just because I'm better than them doesn't mean I need to mention it all the time." (Reegena)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29-May-2010 03:35:18

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Chapter 5

After a long hike through the woods, tripping over every rock and stick, and knocking his head on every low branch, Alex was not a happy camper. The woods were not meant to be walked through in the middle of the night!

Elizabeth, unlike Alex, seemed completely at home. Not once did he hear her trip or knock her head. Actually, he barely heard her footfalls, and found it very difficult to keep up with her because of it.

Alex bumped into something, but for once, he could tell it wasn't a tree. When he went to feel the object, he quickly pulled his hands away. He'd figured out what he bumped into: Elizabeth.

"Sorry!" He said quickly. Boy, was he glad that his boss couldn't see how red he was turning.

"Shh!" She shushed him, then whispered. "Be quiet!"

"Why?" Alex asked, whispering.

"Because I said so." Then she wasn't in front of him anymore. He reached out his arms and felt around in the darkness.

"Elizabeth?" He called her name. "Elizabeth? Where'd you go?"

"Up here!" She snapped. She was still whispering, so Alex found it difficult to follow her voice. He strained his eyes to look for her. Where could she have gone?

Conveniently, the wind picked up and blew the cloud cover away from the full spring moon. That's when Alex saw her. In front of him was a tree, and in that tree was Elizabeth. How she had scaled it so silently in the dead of night, he would never know.

"Elizabeth!" He called up to her. "Why are you in a tree?"

She shushed him again. "You'll figure it out. In the mean time, stay down there and be quiet. Here," she dropped the bag she had been carrying. It landed in front of him with a 'thud.' "Be a good little assistant and hold my purse, will you?"

"Do I have a choice?" He grumbled. Alex was beginning to question his boss's sanity. For a beautiful, wealthy woman, she didn't act too much like a lady.

29-May-2010 04:37:41 - Last edited on 16-Jul-2010 01:19:27 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Seconds clicked away into minutes, minutes clicked away into hours, and time did what it does so very will: pass. It was taking its merry time as it did, too. Alex became so bored, he began to stack long dead, shredded leaves to entertain himself.

Soon, actually it was only two hours and quite soon in the scheme of things, the sun was peaking its golden rays through the Eastern horizon. Alex, who had resorted to sitting down, leaned back to watch his boss in the tree. "Elizabeth?" He asked. Surely he sounded a bit like a whiney boy, but in actuality, he was a whiney boy, so it didn't matter. "Elizabeth, when are we going back?"

She yawned. "I'll be done soon."

"What are you doing, anyway?"

She shushed him. "Quiet," she hissed. Even when she was whispering and hissing in a mantronly way, Mrs. Gildred sounded like an angel. "Quiet, Alex. Be still."

Silently, she repositioned herself on the tree limb. Instead of sitting on it, she was crouched. Alex watched, without saying a word, as she loaded a runite arrow onto her shortbow and aimed.

Wait. Shortbow? Runite arrow? Alex hadn't seen her carrying those things before.

He didn't have time to look confused, though, because a man in working clothes had turned the corner on the at a few yards away. He was jogging. (Alex hadn't noticed there was a path there, either, and now he could tell exactly how lost he actually was.)

Faster and more elegantly than a hummingbird's wings, Elizabeth pulled back her bowstring and released. The arrow flew quietly and stuck itself at the base of the back of the jogging man's skull. He crumpled to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Elizabeth seemed pleased. "Kill shot! Did you see that? I thought I was getting a little rusty with the bow."

Alex rubbed his eyes. Did that really just happen? Did Elizabeth really just murder someone?

"Ok," she repositioned herself on her tree branch. "Go get the arrow."

"He's dead," Alex rubbed his eyes again.

29-May-2010 04:49:59 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2010 23:44:28 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

"Yes," Elizabeth said. "Yes he is. At first I didn't know how I was going to do it. He's a pretty big guy. I couldn't just walk up to him and slit his throat, you know?"

No. Alex didn't know. Really, he wasn't even listening to her. That lifeless man lying in the middle of the road had an arrow sticking out of the back of his neck, and Elizabeth shot it.

"You killed him," Alex said quietly.

"We've established that," Elizabeth said with a nod. "Several times, actually."

"He's dead!"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "Oh boy," she leapt from her spot on the tree limb. "I bet this means you won't get the arrow for me. Right?" She didn't wait for a response. She quickly walked to the body, which looked eerily different now that the sun cast more shadows, removed the arrow, and walked back to where Alex sat in his flabbergasted state.

She looked down at him. "Will you at least wipe it off?"

He jumped to his feet. "That's blood!" He pointed to the arrow. The normally blue tip was deep crimson with blood. Alex staggered backwards. "That's the blood of that dead guy over there!" In his panic, he stepped back into a tiny creek that he hadn't noticed before. Water filled his boots and made his feet wet, wet like they were covered in the blood of a murdered man.

Alex fainted.

29-May-2010 04:56:51 - Last edited on 16-Jul-2010 01:20:20 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456 Back to Top