Forums

Infamous

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Posts: 2,868 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!

Sorry I was gone for such a long time. I had a tad bit of writers block, and then I got soooo busy that I didn't have enough time to post.

When I finish this chapter, I'll post it.

~Reegena

29-Nov-2010 01:59:28

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Wow. I am not true to my word at all. I didn't realize that was so long ago.

Oh well. Everyone's left. I suppose I deserve it though. Here's Chapter 15. It's nice and long and fun to chew.

28-Dec-2010 13:44:07

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Chapter 15

Alex woke up slowly, groggily. His head throbbed with every beat of his heart, as if his brain were twice its normal size, pounding to break free from where it was imprisoned in his skull. His tongue sat thick and heavy in his dry, scaley mouth as he tried to swallow saliva that wasn't there. Alex had never experienced a hang over, but if he had, he assumed it would feel much like this.

Carefully, he rolled to his side. The bed shook, and his head sunk deep into a part of the pillow that wasn't already molded to the shape of his skull. Alex regretfully opened his eyes. A fire from the corner stove blazed, and his eyes were pained because of it.

Alex groaned. "My head..." It took a moment for him to actually realize he wasn't back in his own room. In the flood of panic that followed, Alex managed to ignore his throbbing skull, sit straight up, and look about the room restlessly. In the corner, a familiar face sat reading a book. Although familiar, the face wasn't comforting in the slightest. Alex threw his legs over the side of the bed, and the girl in the corner looked up, pushing her blue strand of hair away from her face.

"About time you got up." She snapped her book shut and tossed it aside. "I don't even like to read."

Her voice pierced Alex's brain, sharp as knives. He groaned and pressed his fingers to his temples. "Hope, I- Ow! Head."

"Pretty nasty bump you've go there. Why don't you lay back down for a bit? It's late."

Alex remained where he sat at the edge of the bed. "Here...Where am I?" He squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to block out the stove light. Pain, so much pain.

"My room, actually." Hope stood and slowly made her way over to the basically immobile Alex. " You were sprawled out in the middle of the street in front of the bar. Bart said it was bad for business and decided to move your drunken ass. Excuse my language. Nasty thing, ale-head. Isn't it?"

28-Dec-2010 13:52:31 - Last edited on 28-Dec-2010 14:18:38 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

The kogs and gears in Alex's head still hadn't begun to turn at full speed, so comprehension was slow. "Drunk...Bart...head...street...ale..." He tried to think, he really did, but thinking hurt.

"Odd, though," Hope started. "You never struck me as the kind of boy who would steal enough ale to pass out like that. It looked kind of like you were hit in the head with a hammer..."

It all came flooding back to him as the levy of confusion broke. Alex jumped to his feet, startling Hope, and forced his pain to the backburner. "Rosie! Where's Rosie?"

Hope, still surprised by Alex's sudden and random recovery, didn't answer. She just stood and stared in complete puzzelment.

Alex glanced around helplessly. "Rosie! Oh no. It's all my fault. I should've been more careful. I should've-"

Hope shook her head to regain herself. "Relax." She put her hands on his shoulders comfortingly. "Don't panic. We'll find her," she gently pushed him back down so he was sitting on the bed. "You'll be in no shape to look still sick with ale-head. Don't worry, we'll go look for her as soon as you're better. We'll find her. We'll find your dog."

"My dog? She's not my dog! Rosie is my girlfriend!"

Hope's eyes went wide, and she slapped him. "Girlfriend? You were flirting with me yesterday and you have a girlfriend?"

"What? Oh! I-"

She slapped him again. "Pig!"

Alex stood. He grabbed her wrist and firmly squeezed it. "Would you please just shut up and give me enough time to speak?" He snapped. "Rosette Basil, the sweet little lady that I like a lot, has been kidnapped. Three men ambushed us. I tried to stop them, but I was smacked with a hammer-"

"Wow. You're a loser." Hope stifled a laugh. Alex responded by smacking her with the back of his hand.

"I said shut up!" He growled. "She's gone. They took her...Saradomin only knows what they'll do to her..." Alex's voice slowly tappered off, and he sank back down to sit on the side of the bed.

28-Dec-2010 14:01:55 - Last edited on 28-Dec-2010 14:21:58 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456 Back to Top