Forums

Infamous

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Posts: 2,868 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel bad because I've been gone for a while. Some things came up, and I was unable to come to the forums.

I'll add some more by tomorrow. Thankfully, I have you guys as my very dedicated fanbase.

I'm sorry...

~Reegena

09-Jul-2010 02:39:32

[#KH18V9PAY]

[#KH18V9PAY]

Posts: 1,073 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh hey its Bump-ing time, it's bump-ing time, won't you have some bumps of miiiiiiiine? (Fifty TraMaBillion points to whoever gets that awesome reference)

And don't worry Reegena! I forgive you! are you gonna post more to SSR to? Just curioses, ... actually I'll probably find out tomorrow, so no biggy.

Also, just throwing this out there: i've fallen in love with some weird game called:

I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1

I apologize for the leet speak, but that's actually what its called, including the 1 at the end of the exclamation points...

09-Jul-2010 06:01:51

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Sorry. I'm not going to get around to adding. I don't know when I will. Sorry.

~Reegena
!I'm revisiting old signatures!
~Warped and crazy with a side of mustard~

10-Jul-2010 04:25:48

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Chapter 7

The following days, Alex couldn't stand working for Mrs. Gildred. She'd killed someone, and that wasn't something he could forget overnight. Elizabeth was a murderer! She was a gorgeous murderer...

Everyday, Alex would check the paper. Randalf McGhee's murder was a headline the day after he died, and it stayed front page news for the next two. Rosie made him read it to her, and after he finished the article, she cried.

"That's horrible!" She choked out between sobs. "That poor man!" Rosette proceded to collapse into Alex's arms, wailing uncontrolably.

Alex had never been comfortable around crying women, but seeing Rosie - his Rosie - so miserable was impossible for him to bare. He hugged her tight and patted her soft hair. "There there..." But all he could think about was the fact that he was there when Randalf McGhee was murdered, so he was part of the reason Rosie was so sad.

Elizabeth was unfazed by any of it. She went about her daily business like normal: waltzing through the garden and talking to Violet about petty gossip. Whenever one of the servents or Charles - Elizabeth's husband - brought up the murder, Mrs. Gildred would wave it away as nothing. She danced delicatly around the subject with amazing ease.

The other servents, even Charles, responded in a way similar to Rosette, just not as dramatic. All of them, except Rhody. Rhody acted more like Elizabeth: Callus and emotionless. When Violet, his wife, tried to discuss the demise of Randalf McGhee, Rhody successfully changed the subject each time.

Alex watched with distaste. So, Rhody knew that Elizabeth killed a man? Alex wasn't about to let that go. One afternoon roughly four days after the murder, Alex confronted him. The air was tangible and sticky, and Rhody was trimming the deadheads off of the roses with a kitchen knife.

"Rhody!" Alex called, walking up behind where the gardener was hunched over a rose bush. "I need to talk to you about something."

11-Jul-2010 23:37:28 - Last edited on 12-Jul-2010 00:48:09 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Mrs. Gildred had gone out shopping with Violet and Rosette, and Lillian was working on lunch in the kitchen with Alex's mother. They'd be free the next few hours to talk.

Rhody didn't bother to turn around. "No," he started. "You may not marry my daughter."

"What?" Alex was taken aback, as that was the last thing he'd expected Rhody to say. "What? No! That's not what I was going to talk about. Rosie's nice and all, but..."

Rhody turned, glaring up at Alex and brandishing the knife like a dagger. "But what?"

"Um," Alex was overtaken by a sudden, inconvenient loss of words.

"I'd choose your next sentance very carefully, boy, as I seem to be the only one armed."

Rhody must have noticed how pale white Alex was becoming because he laughed, straightened up, and slapped Alex on the back. Hard. "I'm only kiddin', my boy. Now, what is it you wish to be discussin'?"

Color returned to Alex's face. Too much color, actually. He flushed red at the cheeks. "Rhody, sir, I came to ask you about Mrs. Gildred."

"No, you can't marry her, either. She's too old for you, already married, and it wouldn't be my job to give her away anyway."

"What? No! I mean," Alex paused to think. "Now you've got me all confused."

Rhody laughed. "Sorry. Anyway, I know what you want to talk about: Randalf McGhee."

Nodding, Alex said, "Yes. I want to know exactly what you know about it. From what I can tell, you're the only other one of us that knows about how he died."

"Or," Rhody winked. "I'm the only one who's bad at hiding it."

Alex was speachless. Was it possible that one of the other servants or Charles was just acting distraught about a murder in the area? He'd never considered it before.

Rhody continued, "Yeah, I know Elizabeth did it. To be honest, I was the one who helped her with the previous assassinations before we hired you."

"Previous assassinations?" Alex was caught off guard by that statement, and his voice was rising. "You mean- You mean she's done it before?"

11-Jul-2010 23:45:08 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2010 23:56:20 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

"Pipe down!" Rhody snapped. "Lilly might overhear."

Alex lowered his voice. "You mean to tell me I was hired by her just for the purpose of killing people?"

"Yup. Why else would a twenty-four year-old married woman need a male assistant?" The gardener cracked his knuckles before he spoke again. "I'm getting old. I couldn't help her forever. We needed someone young who could keep up with Mrs. Gildred at all hours of the day and had no real reason to ever leave. You fit that almost perfectly, except for your fainting-at-the-sight-of-blood thing."

"Elizabeth and I already discussed that," Alex groaned. "I'd rather not relive the experience." His boss had been irritated, basically yelling at him for his weak stomach. What could Alex do about it? Sure, he was a bit squeamish, but it wasn't anything he could go about fixing. Blood made him ill. He never thought of mentioning that at the interview because, well, if he was going to be a plain old, normal assistant, why whould it matter?

"Well, tonight it would be a good idea to get as much rest as possible," Rhody said.

"Why?"

"Because tomorrow," Rhody paused and smiled. His teeth were yellow and hard to look at, but Alex was still shocked by how much Rhody's smile looked like Rosie's.

The gardner continued after a moment, "Tomorrow, we're going out on the town. Think of it as an elder passing his skills down to the next generation. I'm going to teach you."

"Teach me what?"

Rhody placed a callused had on Alex's shoulder. "Tell me, boy. How do you think Mrs. Gildred gets clients? They dont just come waltzing to the door asking for murder."

He'd never really thought abut this part, but the old gardener made sense. Someone had to go looking for people willing to pay for murder, and that someone was him, Alexander Jacques.

11-Jul-2010 23:53:15 - Last edited on 29-Dec-2010 23:59:21 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Dearest Readers (and those whom are not so dear),

I think now would be a good time to mention that on Friday I leave for a family vacation, and I won't be returning for three weeks. It's actually kind of similar to the little break I took not too long ago, in a weird sort of way.

It'll be impossible for me to post while on this trip, but I might get some writing done. (Although I can't be sure) I have a few ideas in my head at the moment, so if I can get them to come out on paper, you might me in for another add before I depart.

So, to recap, I leave the 16th of July and return the 7th or 8th of August.

I agree, that is a *long* time. To make you all happy and flame-free, I'm going to refill the superglue in case of explosions and leave cookies to eat and baskets of scented soaps to smell while I'm gone.

Oh, and I'm going to open bios. Remember that little post at the bottom of the first page which had a character list or something-and-another on it? Well, go look at it BEFORE you post your bio. It'll explain my PICKY PICKY PICKY bio rules. I can't guarntee I'll even use your character.

Well, that's my little post for today. *smells soap*

Who's up for some add tomorrow? I am! (maybe)

~Reegena

12-Jul-2010 00:03:56 - Last edited on 12-Jul-2010 00:18:42 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456 Back to Top