Forums

Infamous

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Posts: 2,868 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The boy stood in front of him, cold, hungry and innocent. It brought back memories of Alex's past that pulled at his heartstrings and forced tears to his eyes. This boy had done nothing to deserve his poverty, just like Alex had not. Children cannot choose their parents or their financial status. They're innocents. They don't deserve to cling to life on the diseased city streets. Why should this boy beg for coins to avoid starvation while the spoiled children of kings deny food they don't find tasteful?
Alex smiled softly. "Of course." He pulled out his coin purse.
The boy rocked back on his heels and smiled, missing a few teeth. "Thank you, Mister."
Suddenly, as Alex pulled open the purse, the beggar boy leapt foreward and snatched it from his hands. Before Alex even had time to realize what was going on, the boy was halfway down the road and darted into an alley.
"That little..." Alex grumbled. There was no use trying to chase him; he'd never catch up. And find the boy was out of the question. Alex wouldn't know where to start to look.
"Alex!"
"I know, Rosie," he said. "The kid robbed me. Looks like we won't be having lunch."
"No! Alex, help!"
Alex whipped around to see Rosie struggling against two men at least twice her size. One had a dagger, and they seemed to be trying to drag her away. A third man examined the contents of her purse and grunted in disappointment when he found it empty.
Alex leapt foreward and attemepted to knock the dagger from the man's hand, but he missed. Instead, he grabbed onto the man's arm and held tight. Alex was too weak to do any real damage, but he had to protect Rosie.
His plan failed, though. Behind him, the third man found a hammer lying on the ground and used it to crack Alex over the head. The pain was skull-splintering, and Alex collapsed to the ground. The world around him went red and then black. Slowly, he lost consciousness. The last thing he heard was Rosie's sobs as she screamed for him to get up.

06-Sep-2010 17:01:11 - Last edited on 06-Sep-2010 17:46:11 by [#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

[#BPN2TQMFI]

Posts: 2,868 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Huh, looked longer in my notebook. Oh well.
Three cheers for the first action in chapters! Hip hip! *hooray* Hip hip! *hooray* Hip hip! *hooray*
Sorry this chapter can a day late. I just found my notebook this morning. Happy Labor Day. Are you all enjoying your day off? I sure am.
Well, be sure to tell me what you think. Sorry it's so short. It's 3 1/2 pages in my notebook...
~Reegena
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06-Sep-2010 17:04:02

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whenever a young, attractive girl is kidnapped or something in a story I always get the suspicion it is for a rather sick act.
I truly hope it is not the case for poor Rosie.
Oh, good chapter nonetheless. ^^
I am Inferi.

09-Sep-2010 00:18:01 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2010 00:18:10 by George Rozas

Quick find code: 49-50-387-60195456 Back to Top