Forums

From Shadows and Ashes

Quick find code: 49-50-380-65034184

MrEedamame

MrEedamame

Posts: 78 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, I don't think I'll change everything. I'll just be taking into consideration the information you have provided in further expansion of this tale, and when I go back to rewrite segments here and there I'll do the same. So don't feel bad, not everything is going to change, just the way scenes are now planned and painted in the words. ^_^

20-Jun-2013 14:06:37

Dyrnwyn
Nov Member 2007

Dyrnwyn

Posts: 1,396 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, I've read everything you have up so far. It's funny, I also started my full length story on here, Crown of Corruption , with a royal guard seeking out a man in a tavern.

Anyway, I'm probably too tired to give you any real feedback at the moment, but I'll get back to it soon.

I really like it so far, very descriptive and well-written over all! ^_^
// Wordsmith ~ The Novelists' Guild // Viking //

20-Jun-2013 21:15:37

The Level

The Level

Posts: 8,999 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright, I've read what you've got so far. I don't have much to say given how little there is to judge, but I must say your overall sentence fluency and word choice have certainly leaped to a new level since you took your hiatus from the forums. Very good stuff, and I enjoyed reading it and am looking forward to more. You've got an interesting concept going and I'm curious to see where you'll run with it.

One thing: not sure how prevalent passive voice is in what you've written so far (it may not be in there at all; I can't remember), but make sure to keep it active when you can. In the last post ''Clyde had stepped forward'' could easily be changed to ''Clyde stepped forward.'' Passive voice is appropriate under certain circumstances, but since you're building up to a dramatic one-liner to end the chapter, passive voice takes away from the impact somewhat.

That's all I have to say for now.

20-Jun-2013 22:51:25

MrEedamame

MrEedamame

Posts: 78 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dyrnwyn said :
So, I've read everything you have up so far. It's funny, I also started my full length story on here, Crown of Corruption , with a royal guard seeking out a man in a tavern.

I shall seek out this story and read it in its entirety! Or at least what you have up. ^_^

21-Jun-2013 07:34:17

Quick find code: 49-50-380-65034184 Back to Top