Forums

Shorts, Fragments, and Verse

Quick find code: 49-50-273-63704077

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I read the story and poem. I was expecting the husband to have been some darkly evil man who deserved death all along, to be revealed his evil deeds by Thanatos, but that didn't happen. The poem was a nice reflection about life and composition.

Well, that's all for now. I think this makes me the first poster, too. That makes me special!

np.

28-Apr-2012 01:00:38 - Last edited on 28-Apr-2012 03:52:56 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I noticed that you made two new stories, so I just read them.
Your story about the current SC, The King is Dead, was a tale that brilliantly portrays conflicts, and the personification of using birds was a real attention-grabber. The Latin words, and names such as Rex which means king, also gave the story a strong moral feeling. Strange that there was no eagle, or maybe I just missed that as I am cooking so I couldn't read the story thoroughly. I feel that the religious/biblical and cultural references make the story a brilliant piece of art. I did not notice any serious issues.

The second story I just sort of skimmed through, as Crown of Flame kinda overshadowed it. You do mention how the rooster crows in the first sentence, which sounds a bit odd, because roosters don't crow, I think.

Well, not much time today, so that's all I have to say. I hope more people look at this thread sometime.

04-May-2012 23:45:41 - Last edited on 04-May-2012 23:53:26 by Azigarath

Areno3

Areno3

Posts: 12,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I read Chronos, both the revised and the original. I have to say, I did like the rhyming sequence you used in the original one, but the revised flows better. If you had to choose one over the other, it would be a difficult decision, I assure you.

Anyways, you're much better at poetry than I, which I have always disliked about myself. I'm only good at prose, which dissatifies me. I envy you Yam.

Perhaps I'll read a few more of these when I get some free time. You're a pretty good writer.

15-May-2012 03:16:02

Quick find code: 49-50-273-63704077 Back to Top