Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He couldn’t say where the thought came from. Nor could he say where the burning desire to continue came from. But, seeing as how he had no other options, he might as well obey his instincts. So he staggered off into the wood, blindly, not caring where he went as long as he got far away from where he had been.
He did*’t know how long it had been. All he knew was the walking, the stumbling from one tree to the next. For all he knew he was going in circles. It was all the same, the shadows, the rough bark of the trees, the abominably-loud singing of the birds. But then something changed. He heard…something. Voices?
He staggered toward the sound.
*~*~*~*
“Hey, you hear that?”
The two soldiers shared a knowing glance. Something was coming through the forest towards them.
“Might be him,” the other one muttered. With a hiss, longswords were drawn. They stood back to back, scanning the forest around them. Suddenly, a figure emerged from the brush. It looked like some kind of phantom, something surreal. It looked like a man, but so bloodied, dirtied, and mangled beyond belief they weren’t sure if he could possibly be alive. A gray shirt hung in rags over narrow shoulders, one of which jutted out at an odd angle. His legs were bony and thin beneath brown trousers, and his muddy feet were bare and dragged in the dirt. His hair was long and filthy, though perhaps once it could have been blond. Gaunt cheeks were covered with ragged blond stubble, and hollowed eyes were dull, lifeless. He wobbled out into the clearing, then suddenly collapsed to his knees. He looked up at them with those fearsome, red eyes, and whispered, “Help…” before sliding sideways and laying still.

24-Nov-2007 18:51:43

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The soldiers shared another look. “I think we’ve got him,” the first said after a moment.
Together, they slid their arms under his shoulders and lifted him up. He weighed no more than a child, and one could have carried him as easily. Despite the fact that he was a traitor to the crown, however, they wanted to be gentle – he looked as though he might snap like a twig in their grasp. They reached the road and approached the sergeant. “Ser, we found him.”
The sergeant looked at the soldier who had led them here, who nodded vigorously. “Yessir, that’s ‘im,” he affirmed.
The sergeant gestured for them to lay Bond out on the ground. Then he dismounted, walked over, and lightly slapped Bond’s face. After a moment, the man groaned and opened his eyes. “Are you Bond Cornerstone?” asked the officer.
“…What?” he slurred.
“Bond Cornerstone. Formerly of Al Kharid, member of King Issavan’s contest?”
Bond blinked slowly. “I…I don’t know who that is.”
The sergeant growled angrily. “Who are you?”
For another long time, Bond was silent. Then, finally, he replied softly, “I...don’t know.”

24-Nov-2007 18:51:59

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-Nov-2007 03:28:26

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top