Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

The contents of this message have been hidden.

24-Nov-2007 01:37:36

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*~*~*~*
“Well, well, what’s this? Looks like your boys did*’t do so well, eh?”
The soldier stared at the maimed, rotting corpses strewn across the road. Gulping in a deep breath, he vaulted from the saddle and crossed the battlefield, eyeing the bodies of his comrades. Days had passed, and the resulting stench had warned them leagues up the road. They had quickened their pace until they reached the gruesome scene. All of his troop – fallen. But of the blond-haired traitor, he saw no sign.
“Tell us again what happened?” drawled the sergeant, watching lazily from his destrier.
The man took a shaky breath. “We were takin’ the prisoner to Varrock,” he began in a gravely voice. One hand scratched nervously at his beard. “He was a traitor; captain took him away back in Port Sarim for spoutin’ off some treasonous stuff ‘bout His Majesty. So here we were, marchin’ down the road, when suddenly, these bandits surrounded us. Outlaws o’ some sort. This fiend of a woman starts talkin’ to us, tellin’ us how we was trespassin’ on her land or somethin’, and the traitor turns round and says – he was delirious, see, the captain had been whippin’ him somethin’ awful – well, he called her ‘Krystal’. The captain stares at him and shouts out that the traitor was from the contest – you know, the one on that giant boat, that disappeared coupla months ago? – Then the woman shot the captain with a crossbow, and they was on us. I was thinkin’, well, I don’t wanna die, obviously, and gettin’ this fella for the King, well, that oughta be worth somethin’, considerin’ everyone was wonderin’ what happened to those folks. So I ain’t real proud o’ it, but I turned and ran for Lumbridge, got you fellas.”

24-Nov-2007 18:50:21

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“Real genius plan, seeing as how it took us days to get here. Did you think we’d get back in the middle of the fighting?” chuckled the sergeant.
The soldier cringed, rubbing his beard. “I did*’ know how far it was, I’ve never come through these parts afore now. But see, the traitor, well, he was real beat up, I doubt he’s gotten far. We can probably still find him.”
“Unless these bandits of yours took ‘im,” the man growled.
The soldier bowed his head. “I was jus’ tryin’ to help, ser.*
The sergeant laughed again. “We’ll, I guess you’ve done something. Being here wouldn’t have helped you none,” he muttered, eyeing the dead in the road. “It’s a slim chance, but it*s all we’ve got. Let’s see if he’s still around here, there’* little value in turning around now.” He turned to the troop behind him and hollered, “Spread out, boys! We’re looking for a blond man, probably in fetters. Real beat up! Search the woods all around, in pairs, no farther than a league in all direction!”
“Yessir!” his troops replied in unison, and broke off.
“If that traitor’s still here, we’ll find him,” promised the sergeant.
*~*~*~*
“Unnhhh.”
Bond rolled over, trying to shut out the awful sound.
“Nnnhhhhuuhhh.”
Who was making that god-awful moaning?
He forced his eyes open, squinted around. The noise erupted again, but he saw no one else nearby.
“Oh,” he thought to himself. “It’* me.*
Gulping in the cool air, he rolled back onto his back. Fire lanced through his body. Gasping, he forced himself into a sitting position. His muscles strained and protested, but finally he was up. His eyes opened again, ever so slightly, and examined himself. His shirt was in tatters, his pants were covered in mud, and his back was awash in pain. So was his head. And his shoulder.

24-Nov-2007 18:50:55

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

What had happened to him?
Groaning, he opened his eyes further and forced himself to look around. He had to think. He did*’t know why, but somewhere in the back of his mind there was an urgency, a need to move, to get up, to keep going. But where?
He shrugged painfully. If he couldn’t remember, then it probably wasn’t that important. So, he examined his surroundings instead. Forest, all around him. The ground under him was mushy and wet, as though it had rained recently. The leaves and pine needles glistened with water, shining in the soft light that filtered through the wood. How on earth had he ended up here? The last thing he remembered was…
Nothing. Nothing at all. Just a black void in his mind.
That startled Bond into complete wakefulness. He blinked away the cobwebs, and allowed the frustration to give him energy. It only took him two tries to find his feet, and he leaned heavily on a tree for balance as he swayed. It appeared as though he had fallen, for there was a wet imprint on the ground, next to a rock. A rock splattered with blood.
Wincing, he reached up to the back of his head. Sure enough, beneath matted curls of hair, he felt stickiness. So he had been going somewhere when he fell and hit his head? That would explain a lot, he mused. Although, considering his condition, wherever he had been coming from can’t have been all that great. He felt long cuts on his back, and he couldn’t move his left shoulder or arm at all without intense pain. Must have been some fall, he thought. But that would explain his urgency…he must have been running from something. Or someone?

24-Nov-2007 18:51:20

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top