Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

The contents of this message have been hidden.

03-Nov-2007 19:54:29

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~*~*~*~ Chapter 6 ~*~*~*~
** Two days later ** (Now we're caught up to the other guys' time, sorry for the mess ups! ;) )
Rivera walked slowly down the road, scanning the trees around her. There was no sign of him anywhere. She’d lost track of the prints; they’d been washed out by the rain and mud. They had been leading toward the road when they disappeared, and that made sense to her that he would go there. So, she’d made a guess, and been following the road ever since. But there were no tracks, no signs at all…and no Bond.
It seemed impossible that he could have made it this far. She had almost reached Lumbridge by now. She was of a mind to turn back, and scour the forests around the hideout some more. He wasn’t here.
She slumped in the saddle. It was just hopeless. He could be anywhere. She knew Father would send men out after her, to search the nearby forests, but they couldn’t cover every inch of ground. The rain had hidden his tracks, and there was nothing left. They’d never find him. He was gone, it was that simple. She’d lost him. Father would never trust her again, and…and she’d lost someone that she could finally call friend.
Oh sure, she had companions, fellow warriors in the hideout. But she’d grown up isolated, taught to lead, and lead she could. There were other soldiers who’d watch her back, save her life if possible, but that was because she was their queen, and they respected her. Father was always browbeating her, berating her for not doing things right, not being good enough, not living up to expectations. There was no one she could ever talk to, laugh with, rely on…and Bond had been someone she could have. He made her smile. She had helped him, and despite everything, she knew he was grateful. He hadn’t wanted to hurt her. She had been able to talk to him, had fun with him…and he’d run away.

03-Nov-2007 22:44:37

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rivera hated it; having to keep him there. Father had ordered her to, for they could receive a hefty sum of money in ransom if they waited. But in truth she wanted to help him, if only because she cared about him. The thought of Issavan’s son on the throne repulsed her, but surely they could have worked something out? If this so-called goddess was willing to end the plague, wasn’t that worth it?
But letting him go meant losing him. It meant losing the hope of a friend. She could have gone with him, but he would have gone back to Krystal, and all hope would have been lost.
She sighed deeply, and Storm turned to gaze at her with baleful brown eyes. “I never knew how lonely I was until the feeling was gone,” she confessed. *Now it’s back and it hurts more than ever.”
The horse whickered gently, and she sighed again. “There’s nothing I can do, is there? Time to go, I guess.” She glanced at the sky; it was barely midmorning. Riding back at a faster pace than the careful, searching one she’d set out at, she could be halfway back by sunset. She wheeled Storm about and began to trot down the road.
Then she heard a horse whinny in the distance. Her heart leaped. Was it possible? She turned in the saddle, eyes searching down the road where she had heard the noise. “Come on, Storm!” she whistled. Surely, it could be anyone, but it sounded off the road – in the forest. And who else would be hiding in the forest, if not Bond?
*~*~*~*
“Shh!” Krystal rubbed the mare’s nose gently, but she whinnied again.
“Can you shut her up?” grumbled Adrian, peering out through the trees toward the distant road. “I hear someone coming!”

03-Nov-2007 22:44:57

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top