Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bond wanted to kick himself. He couldn’t have exposed Corynn. That would ruin everything there were working toward. This conversation had to end, right then. He moaned and shifted in the sheets. Then he opened his eyes again, but the motion had sent more pain through his back and he let out a yelp. Rivera was instantly at his side, as he heard the click of a door that meant her father had left. “Careful,” she chided him. “Good to see you’ve decided to stay alive.”
Slowly, he opened his eyes again. Now, in the well-lit room he lay in, he could easily see that his captor bore almost no resemblance to Krystal at all, beyond her short stature. Rivera had red hair, like Lil’s but not as bright, a more burnished orange, and a thin face with blue eyes. Krystal was darker, with a wider jaw and bent nose.
Bond considered his next words carefully. He bit back a number of choice resorts that would all give away the fact that he had eavesdropped on a conversation he was obviously not meant to hear. When he opened his mouth, he found speaking a challenge anyway. “How…How long?” he croaked finally, staring at the ceiling.
“You’ve been out for a full day. Up above, it’s sunset again.”
“Up above?” he echoed faintly.
“We base ourselves underground, in the old HAM hideouts.”
“Oh.” He was near Lumbridge.
“I’m Rivera, by the way. I’m the closest thing we have to a physician, so I’ll be the one managing your injuries. Those are some nasty whip cuts on your back.”
“The captain…didn’t like…traitors.”
“Are you a traitor?”
“Don’t pretend you…don’t know who I…am,” he snapped stiffly. “You…heard the captain.”
“Yes, I do know. Don’t pretend you didn’t just hear my Father and I talking. I saw you open your eyes, Bond.” Her voice was high, and yet there was steel behind it. Like Krystal’s. Maybe there was more resemblance than he thought.

19-Aug-2007 00:12:33

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Bond sighed. He could lay it all out on the table now. “So what do you…plan to do with me?” he asked bluntly.
“You’re not in a position to ask me questions, prisoner,” said Rivera, all her previous hospitable warmth gone. “How about you answer MY questions, and then I’ll think about answering yours.”
Bond hesitated. He knew her first question would be about his companions. But could he trust this woman with their heavy task? She may be against the king, but she seemed more keen on ransoming him than helping him, that was obvious from the term ‘prisoner’, among other things. “I’m not telling you anything,” he stated firmly. He needed time to think.
Rivera** face was shadowed for half a second, then her warmth returned. “Well then. I’ll be back in the morning to check your wounds. Maybe then you’ll feel like talking.” She patted his cheek, extinguished the lamps, and left him alone in the darkness.

19-Aug-2007 00:12:53

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Those are the adds from vacation. I think they'll need to count as this weekend's adds as well, considering I lost a lot of time today at the mall =P Got some nice new jeans though...
Anyway, I'm at a dead point which kept me busy for the remainder of the vacation, I finished those about halfway through. I haven't figured out what happens immediately next, like what happens with Bond. I have a page full of notes in my notebook of different opportunities and where they might lead. It'll take me some time to sort it out. When I do, I promise you I'll write lots more.
~ Smeeze ~

19-Aug-2007 00:14:47

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Aug-2007 08:23:58

24-Aug-2007 23:39:19

28-Aug-2007 07:57:41

[#80N8R0VWZ]

[#80N8R0VWZ]

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Genzen's right. Keep'em coming, Smeeze, this really IS a great story! Don't give up just because of a dry spell in fans, everybody loses their fans once in a while.
And those adds are GREAT :O I always forget what a great writer you are when I don't read your adds in a little while O_o

29-Aug-2007 18:07:19

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top