Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“Oh really?” he cackled. “You can’t kill me, girl. None of you can.”
She gritted her teeth and leapt toward him, aiming to crush the side of his head. But Issavan anticipated the attack and acted first. The knife flashed in the firelight as it whipped across Emmaris’ throat, sending blood gushing from the wound. Then he shoved the body forward, straight into Lil’s path. She was bowled backwards, twisting away to crash into the wall and becoming pinned under the dead weight.
A scream of horror tore from her throat and she heaved the scholar’s body off her, feeling the warm blood soaking the front of her own clothes now. She gained her feet, wobbled, then set off at a run after the fleeing Emperor. As he squeezed through the door, he yelled, “Guards!” Did the man have soldiers lurking in every corner of his labyrinth of a castle? Paranoid, and yet disgustingly clever, this man was. Still, it would be a moment before they reached the room. She could catch him before then. She sprinted through the doorway, reaching for him before he could reach the next door, when abruptly the ground rushed up to meet her. Her feet were swept out from beneath her, her truncheon knocked from her hand. Gasping breath ripped through her burning lungs. She rolled instinctively, but before she could gain her feet again, she was shoved back down.
“Not so fast, lass!” Her attackers hovered over her, three soldiers with weapons bared. The first had straddled her, holding down her shoulders. She bucked and kicked, but to no avail. “What would you have us do, my Lord?”

28-Sep-2008 22:52:03

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“Make sure she doesn’t follow,” sneered the Emperor. “Then gather your legion and come to the stables.”
“Of course, your Grace.”
The first soldier’* fist connected with her jaw, sending stars shooting across her vision. Suddenly pain blossomed in her ribs, her sides, her legs, her head, her arms, all across her body. She couldn’t think, couldn’t see, couldn’t feel anything but the hot agony as they pummeled her weary body into the ground. Then, finally, blissfully, there was only blackness.

28-Sep-2008 22:52:15

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Hey. I had to give it up - I needed to start a new story, and I needed to drop one that wasn't going anywhere. It's my fault for getting off track with it, but it was a little lost, so I let it go. Maybe someday if I can get back to it and plan it better I'll repost. Sorry. =\

03-Oct-2008 02:22:48

Knight2520
Aug Member 2011

Knight2520

Posts: 1,331 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, that makes sense. I seem to remember you having plans for Sot* to go on endlessly anyway; probably would have gotten old sooner or later.
As a side note, do you actually remember me? I think it's been a year since I've posted on the Stories forum, and I dearly miss Aquaregis' stories. Anyone know if they finished or got abandoned?

08-Oct-2008 04:46:19

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

I recognize your name...I remember you coming back once before.
As for Aquaregis, I haven't been overly active lately, so I don't really know. He finished Weapons of Destiny, I think I remember a sequel to it. That was a while ago, though. I hadn't realized his stories were even gone...>_< It's a shame. They were pretty incredible.

I don't know about an add this weekend. I have three days, but my teachers also gave me three days of homework, so I can't guarantee anything. I may write to escape the insanity...but I may not have time, with all my basketball stuff as well. We'll see.

10-Oct-2008 23:50:06 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2008 23:50:50 by Crystal Smee

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top