Forums

`RP Heroes of Greenhaven

Quick find code: 49-50-14-65640891

Guthix SS4

Guthix SS4

Posts: 20,526 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Out drinking a dwarf and not dying takes skill, what can I say I don't like to lose.",
said Cain after the remark suppose to be the best.

When he got to the horses however he shook his head, he instantly felt bad for the other squires all he then said asking Lyna,
"Front or back?"
He noded his head towards the horse

Lyna instantly said,
"Back since I wouldn't like the other way.

Putting his helmet in the saddlebag he got up on his horse, he then pulled Lyna up behind them as they were going to share the horse rather then make her walk. It was this or walk himself. Cain is a rather different knight believes in his own morals. His squire was his friend, he doesn't see her as his servant rather they work as a team.

Also his other reason for not making her walk was it would slow them down having to wait for them to walk with them. He said,
"So are we sure we need this many knights and squires to deal with a few bandits?"

-
Outside the mansion

Balmor made it rather earlier he reached up to where a normal person would knocked and knocked and put his hand back down seeing how he is a dwarf, it would be interesting to see someone's reaction to find out a dwarf was the one that knocked and not someone taller.
and nothing was spoiled :P

10-Jul-2015 05:16:35

Venom1383

Venom1383

Posts: 4,159 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Andrew woke up early, just before 6:00. He had gone to sleep early last night, knowing he'd have a busy morning. As he sat on the side of the bed he gulped down the glass of water he left by the bedside, the cool fluid soothing his dry throat. He yawned and continued with his normal morning routine. As soon as he got out of bed he stretched, focusing mainly on his legs since he'd be doing quite a bit of walking later. Then he did two hundred push-ups. Yesterday he had done them with wide hands for his chest, so today he put his hands closer together to strain his triceps.

After building up a mild sweat, Andrew wished he hadn't already drank all the water. Sighing, he went and put on his clothes. He kept the drunk man's cap that he stole, but he slipped a few coins into his pocket later. Andrew fastened his shortsword to his belt and headed downstairs. There was only a sleepy-eyed woman sitting at the bar, lazily eating a bowl of cereal. Andrew waited for the barkeep before he bought some cereal for himself, as well as a side of bacon for the protein. He finished his breakfast quickly and headed to his shop.

The streets weren't too crowded at the time of day, but there were still plenty of people who needed to work early. He made his way through the district and arrived at his shop. It was a modest establishment, but why would a locksmith's shop ever need to be fancy? Andrew pulled out his keyring to begin the tedious process of unlocking the double deadbolt, triple padlock, and single ****-lock array that served to keep out thieves and act as shameless self-advertisement. He considered that someone might try to steal the locks since that was all that was in the shop anyway, but what else could he do?
Ramsay Bolton is the king we deserve.

10-Jul-2015 08:02:18

Venom1383

Venom1383

Just as he found the first key he needed, the door opened. His shop assistant Brandon, a brown haired youth, stood inside, wearing his work clothes. "Morning Bran." Andrew greeted him as he stepped inside the shop. The foyer was a cramped space with nothing but a front desk to receive customers. The backroom was the workshop, with several tables cluttered with locks, mechanisms, and raw metals.

"Mornin' sir." Brandon replied in turn, his voice slowly but surely reaching manhood.

"Listen, uh, Bran, I'm gonna be out for a day or two. A friend of mine asked me for a favor, so I'm gonna be heading out to Elkwood for a bit to sort some business out." Andrew explained. Bran was used to these hastily made explanations for his absence, and he didn't seem to care about their legitimacy.

"Alright." Bran shrugged expectedly.

"Thanks. I trust you'll keep the place in one piece." Andrew nodded and patted him on the shoulder. He headed upstairs to collect his equipment. He slept at the shop if it was too late to head home, so he kept a cheap bed on the top floor. Bran slept here once or twice too. Andrew pushed the bed aside, small thing that it was, and found the trunk he kept under it that held his gear. It was held shut by the strongest lock he'd ever built, and it only opened with the key that Andrew kept on him at all times.

He quickly packed all his gear in a traveling bag that he also kept in the trunk. He would bring his sword, his knives, his flechettes, and his "armor" but he'd leave the truncheon. A non-lethal blunt stick wouldn't be of much use hunting a beast.

10-Jul-2015 08:02:40

Venom1383

Venom1383

Andrew put everything back in place and headed out. "Take it easy Bran." He called out as he headed out the door, and the shop assistant waved as Andrew left. His final stop before leaving would be a nearby hunting store, which should be open by now. Surely enough, it was. He spent a good amount of coin on a hunting bow. The shop owner, a very big man with a bushy black mustache, tried to silently intimidate him into spending more money, but Andrew was content with a yew longbow of average make and a decently high draw weight, as well as 30 arrows and a hip quiver.

It was almost 7:00, and Andrew was about to head out. He changed into a set of traveling clothes, a light short sleeve tunic and trousers and a pair of work boots, in the bathroom of a tavern. He planned on wearing these as "Jason" along with his wool vest, though he'd change into his stalking boots while hunting, and he'd wear the cap of course. Finally, he headed out of the city to make his way east, careful to avoid attention as he left.

10-Jul-2015 08:03:11

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edward's Office

Edward smiled. "See Annie? That's a quality I value among my employees. Loyalty. You just showed loyalty for your father. Show that same quality for The Organization." He sat back down at his desk.

"Now, as for your punishment..." He began, once again scratching his chin. "I see that I was wrong in sending you on this mission. I expected too much of you, clearly. So I suppose it's a bit unfair to punish you for something you weren't ready for. I'll arrange to have you given more training - not by your father, and between those sessions you'll be doing less skilled work. So, go." He waved a hand towards the door, the dismissive gesture making it clear he wanted no response. "Go back to your father and tell him what happened."

Once Annie was gone, Edward would go back to reviewing the various reports. But then he remembered something. He quickly flipped through, looking for an update on a recent event. One of his more senior enforcers in the Middle District ended up in a bad situation where they had to kill a civilian (without protection, of course.) The guards couldn't ignore this, and though the enforcer got away, a witness recalled his face.

It had taken some time, but his spies had found out the witness's name and address. Frank Verin. Several people matching the description Frank gave had been rounded up - the description being black hair, a pale face, a scar on the cheek, and bright blue eyes. Tomorrow, Frank was to stand before them and pick out the one. Edward just needed him to forget the face. And he knew exactly the person to send out.

So, another letter was sent out. To Raea Terisa. And it told her to come to the mansion at the same time as all the others - an hour before sundown.
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

10-Jul-2015 17:37:14 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2015 17:51:14 by NotFishing

NotFishing

NotFishing

The Stables

As Darius mounted his horse, he looked over to Cain who had done the same... but allowed his squire to ride on the horse with him as an equal. "You know..." Darius began, a dry tone in his voice. "The reason why our squires run behind the horses is to train them in endurance. To run at faster speeds carrying equipment without tiring. She isn't completing her full training if she rides on the horse with you." He lectured. "You can't pamper your squire into knighthood, Sir Cain."

Sir Richard's squire glared daggers at Lyna. He was receiving no such treatment, and this would no doubt worsen her relationship with the rest of the squires. It wasn't just unfair to the squires though; it was unfair to the knights - they too had to run behind their knight's horse when they were squires.

Going on foot wasn't an option for Sir Cain either, since one of the stable workers came out to provide each knight with a lance. While they would most likely be fighting the bandits on foot, due to the fact that they probably didn't use horses and were hiding in a forest, knights had to come prepared. And mounted combat had always been emphasized in their training.

In short, this would not be tolerated. Sir Cain had to ride his horse, and squire Lyna had to walk behind.

-----

((Alright Guthix, you can go on and send Balmor up to Veliath's mansion. Then I'll be able to get the rest of The Organization members into action as well.))

10-Jul-2015 17:50:53 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2015 17:52:09 by NotFishing

Guthix SS4

Guthix SS4

The Stables

"So you are going with the whole endurance reason is hogwash! She could out run you or I, and how I treat my squire is my business not yours. We are dealing with bandits, and she is my extra pair of eyes."
Cain said with a bit of anger in his voice then added,
"Becoming a knight from a squire shouldn't make you a sla..."

Lyna back rolled off the horse then said with a little sass in her voice,
"He wants me to show up the others fine I will out run them all, and even maybe a horse."
Lyna didn't care she took this as a challenge, and she doesn't back down if someone challenges her.

Cain sighed then said,
"Lyna here."
He too his sword off his belt and handed it over to her with the sword in the scabbard.
"You need something to fight with."

Lyna looked at the sword then shook her head then said,
"You know that sword was only forged for your hands. I cant use it, besides I'd need a lighter sword"

Cain laughed and put his sword back on his belt then said,
"Oh yeah I almost forgot that about my sword. I'd hand you the bigger one but that would be way too heavy for you."

Lyna didn't care if the other knights were mad at her or not, the only opinion she cared about was that of her knight's." Lyna looked back and said,
"Don't fall too far behind when we get going."

-

Outside the mansion

Balmor made it rather earlier he reached up to where a normal person would knocked and knocked and put his hand back down seeing how he is a dwarf, it would be interesting to see someone's reaction to find out a dwarf was the one that knocked and not someone taller.

(ok already sent Balmor there already)

10-Jul-2015 18:57:51 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2015 19:03:22 by Guthix SS4

NotFishing

NotFishing

Edward Veliath

The same servant who opened the door for Annie would also be the one to open the door for Balmor. And once again he would find himself having to look down at the visitor. It was a dwarf, and even though he wore the attire of a thief or rogue, the servant did not recognize him. And he hadn't been told to expect any dwarves at this hour.

"State your business."

10-Jul-2015 20:25:24

Guthix SS4

Guthix SS4

"I am here to see mister Veliath, after all I have my invitation right here." Holding the letter in his hand after speaking he then said, "So are you going to invite me in or am I going to have to wait for Veliath to come out here. I am Balmor, the great writer!"

Still keeping with his story, believing to get this over now instead of waiting. He was also scoping out the Organization as well. Trying to see if they would be a threat to him. All he was is a simple thief that writes stories.

10-Jul-2015 20:36:18

NotFishing

NotFishing

The Mansion

The servant paused for a moment. The invitation looked real, but... a dwarf writer? Surely if he was so great he would have heard of that!

So, he called up one of the guards (not city guards, but enforcers tasked with protecting Veliath's home) that stood by the front gate. The same gate that Balmor would have had to come through to reach the door. "Wha' is it?" The guard, clad in full leather armor with a mace at his hip, asked as he approached.

"Watch him." The servant instructed. "I'm going to talk to Mister Veliath and confirm his story." And then he turned and walked back inside the mansion.

---

"What is it now!?" Barked Edward as the door to his office opened, not even five minutes after he sent Annie out.

"Forgive me, master, but a dwarf writer is here. He had an invitation with him..."

"His name?" Veliath questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Balmor."

Veliath sighed in annoyance. "Go back and tell him to meet at the agreed upon time! And don't take no for an answer." Annie had already botched the letter delivery. Balmor needed to be shown who was calling the shots here. They would meet on Edward's terms, or not at all - and in that case, things would not turn out favorable for Balmor.

---

The front door opened once again, and the servant reappeared. "Mr. Veliath says to meet at the agreed upon time. He's busy right now." And then the door closed.

The guard simply shrugged. "Best be leavin' then. Come back later." Of course, he would wait to see if Balmor was actually willing to leave - he wasn't just going to leave the dwarf at the front door. Instead, he waited to walk the dwarf back.

But if Balmor decided not to return at all, it would be worth remembering that letter implied there would be consequences if he did not show up on time. Or at all. Ignoring it would not be a good idea...

10-Jul-2015 20:52:46 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2015 20:53:16 by NotFishing

Quick find code: 49-50-14-65640891 Back to Top