Forums

_.>~*~>Elite Noob<~*~<._

Quick find code: 49-50-118-32846597

[#DTGU0KGCF]

[#DTGU0KGCF]

Posts: 12,435 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, I'll try and remeber that if I ever find enough time (and bravery :P ) to venture back into a 'noob' story :P .
O_o ~Iso the Galantous Blob, now a Potato Sack! :D ~Named a nub by Zappo, WKC, Star, Snake, Die, Pat, Orby, DieS, Dudely, Scout, Bed, Haru, Siggi~Basic Signatures for 54 days~A spot for Capt~

26-Oct-2007 23:31:59

KratosAURlON

KratosAURlON

Posts: 5,323 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sooo Isochiem, you have enough time to read Lancer (my old evil nemisis)'s threads but not mine... I see how it is; you have fallen to the "dark side".
*Aims Patented Mach-bazooka prototype at Lance's treads*
Prepare for the chapters in my story that will be newer, better, stronger, more of an eye-opener, funnier, more creative, and entertaining than any other chapters of mione you've read before!!! MUHAHAHAHA!
~=If Zammorack has no heart, how does he move, let alone breathe? If Zammorack is all-powerful, how come he has not won the war against Saradomin? If Zammorack is evil, why has he spared me from death as I write these sceptical questions? Why am I asking *you* this? Why does Zammorack have an- auuuughhh!!!=~

27-Oct-2007 04:24:12 - Last edited on 27-Oct-2007 04:29:57 by KratosAURlON

[#DTGU0KGCF]

[#DTGU0KGCF]

I actually read this weeks ago, and I'd been meaning to finish it, but I thought... I'm never going to be able to findtime, so I just commented on what I'd read.
O_o ~Iso the Galantous Blob, now a Potato Sack!~Dubbed a nub by Zappo, WKC, Star, Snake, Die, Pat, Orby, DieS, Dudely, Scout, Bed, Haru, Siggi, Tet~Basic Signatures for 54 days~Capt FTW!~

27-Oct-2007 04:25:43

[#DTGU0KGCF]

[#DTGU0KGCF]

h3y l4nc3 i h4v3 a m355ag3 fr0m 5igg1: "I have to go to some Judo thing and I'll start reviewing your story as soon as I get- Iso Rocks!" 1ts a b17 odd bu7, 0h w311. :)
O_o
~Iso the Galantous Blob, now a Potato Sack!~Dubbed a nub by Zappo, WKC, Star, Snake, Die, Pat, Orby, DieS, Dudely, Scout, Bed, Haru, Siggi, Tet~Basic Signatures for 54 days~Capt FTW!~

27-Oct-2007 11:54:04

[#DTGU0KGCF]

[#DTGU0KGCF]

I took the liberty of translating that for you:
Hey Lance I have a message from Siggi: "I have to go to some Judo thing and I'll start reviewing your story as soon as I get- Iso Rocks!" It's a bit odd but, oh well. :)
O_o
~Iso the Galantous Blob, now a Potato Sack!~Dubbed a nub by Zappo, WKC, Star, Snake, Die, Pat, Orby, DieS, Dudely, Scout, Bed, Haru, Siggi, Tet~Basic Signatures for 54 days~Capt FTW!~

27-Oct-2007 12:36:22 - Last edited on 27-Oct-2007 12:36:50 by [#DTGU0KGCF]

[#80N8R0VWZ]

[#80N8R0VWZ]

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's not exactly the message, but okay... (I'm back from the judo thing, btw :D )
Please, do not take offense to anything I say below, Lance. You're a great guy, I like you, and I hope you won't hate me after this :P
Righty-o. I guess I owe you a proper review...I think a post or two should do the trick, yes?

I must say: I wasn't exactly excited about reading a noob story, but now I can truthfully say that I was right.
I found the humor quite...bland. I'm sure this isn't half as bad as any other noob story, but I still found it relying on randomness, instead of intelligent humor way too much for my liking. I'm sure there are many people who prefer that, but I can't say I'm one of them.
The characters were almost all the "good" 'ol: stupid noob, equally-stupid-or-more noob, the gods, Evil Bob and the author himself. All done before to a living death.
Jagex being evil is, I s'pose, a slightly more original thing, but still something I've seen many, many, many times before.
As great as more original characters would be for you, I honestly think dumping the script-style format and going to prose would be the best thing you can do (yes, humor/noob stories CAN be written in prose!)
The reasons for me thinking that is one of the biggest compliments I bring into this "review": your spelling was great. Barely any typos, and almost all, if not all, words spelled correctly. At least I couldn't find anything.
I'm not taking a shot at script; I'm really not. But it does seem like you could write a lot better in prose. Your style just seems to fit better, there.
I found your grammar regarding commas such usually-unimportant-tidbits was somewhat lacking, though, in my opinion. Nothing a lesson at the Academy won't fix (i.e., my lesson in English, Basics of Sentence Structure ;) )

27-Oct-2007 20:14:50

[#C3FW206YM]

[#C3FW206YM]

Posts: 14,572 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^_^ My other noob story is shorter, but I believe it has better humor. Nonetheless, thanks for sticking to your word ^_^ I'm attempting to redo this whole story (in prose) and I'm writing the chapters from now on in prose. I'm glad you reviewed this, as now I can improve even further. :D

27-Oct-2007 20:19:21

[#80N8R0VWZ]

[#80N8R0VWZ]

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really know what I can say about your plot...seriously jumpy, which in a normal prose story really would've had a severe impact, but I can't really say much about it in a script style comedy X* (I *did* hate the chapter a post thing, though XD I think you could squeeze in a lot more humor and action and...wait, why am I explaining this? Bigger chapters = more of anything you want to add O_o )
Well, I have suddenly found myself unable to say anything more...I guess I'll wrap it up.
All in all, Elite Noob is a script-style comedy no noob-story fan should miss; the same unfortunately can't be said for those who do not appreciate the genre.
(Lance, if you find anything in this review just criticism but not constructive, let me know. I really want you to remember this review without the thoughts 'oh, that ******, shot down my story with nothing behind him!')

There, now I've got that monkey off my back. Officially debt-free! ^_^ Have fun finishing this story, Lance :)
EDIT: Lance, you really thought that single not-even-full post was my whole review? Pwwsh, give me some credit! XD

27-Oct-2007 20:22:08 - Last edited on 27-Oct-2007 20:23:01 by [#80N8R0VWZ]

Quick find code: 49-50-118-32846597 Back to Top