Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
<><>^+^<><>
Noticeboard

<><>^+^<><>
Chapter 12 is now up

Chapter 13 will be coming sometime.

Phase I is now complete.

-----

Same thing as last time. Story begins on page 2.

In the meantime, welcome to Book 2 of His Dark Reign. Newcomers are highly advised to read The Age of Nhur before this one since this little story is a direct continuation of the events that happened in it.

But since I know some people might just decide to be lazy and not listen to my advice, there’s also a short summary of the stories preceding this.

With all of that fun stuff out of the way, I’d also like to extend one hell of a special thanks to Baron Ogre and Creepter for allowing me to use elements from their past stories as part of this world. Seriously, this probably wouldn’t have turned out the way it did without them :D

Also, same rules as last time too: ie, no begging for adds since I'll release them when I feel they're ready, no bios accepted, and no other evil stuff. This is supposed to be fun, so keep any personal issues off of here. :@
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

08-Feb-2011 03:42:31 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2014 02:14:44 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^+^ Table of Contents [Chapter/Page #] ^+^
<> ^+^ <>
Prologue- 2
<> ^+^ <>
Phase I: March on to Onslaught

<> ^+^ <>

Chapter 1- 3
Chapter 2- 5
Chapter 3- 7-9
Chapter 4- 11-12
Chapter 5- 13-17
Chapter 6- 18
Chapter 7- 20-21
Chapter 8- 22-27
Chapter 9- 29-32
Chapter 10.1- 34-39
Chapter 10.2- 40-46
Chapter 10.3 - 48-58
Chapter 11- 60-68

Phase II: Opening Shots

-----
Chapter 12- 70-72

Phase III: The Fall

-----
Coming soon

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

08-Feb-2011 03:42:46 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2014 04:56:24 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

What Has Gone Before
<><>
Kall Of The Karamthulhu (By Baron Ogre)
<><>

What started out as an adventure to the lands of the Fremenniks and Moonclan had taken a startling twist for a group of adventurers when they had stumbled across a mysterious man stranded in the middle of the ocean. The man had told the adventurers a tale of escape from a land of tyranny, and had accompanied them back to the city of Varrock so he could begin his life anew.

But it was not to be so. The man in question had turned out to be an agent for a cult dedicated to a god known as Karamthulhu, which was led by a mysterious figure known as Elder. The cult's intricate plans included planting Karamthulhu Overlords in various summoner’s hands as well as taking Varrock hostage in order to secure the necessary measures to conduct a ritual which would restore their god to the world.

After a brief struggle, Karamthulhu had indeed returned to the world. However, instead of a violent retribution against those who had caused him to become banished in the first place, the god had gathered his followers and fled to an unknown location in order to begin rebuilding his empire.

08-Feb-2011 03:42:54 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2013 18:09:23 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The Liberation (By Creepter)
<><>

Possibly taking the Karamthulhu cult's attack as a sign, the mysterious Samár had led a group of terrorists known as The Liberators against Varrock in yet another hostage takeover. While their numbers included many criminals, the most arguably dangerous member was a Lunar Vampyre, which was supposedly a rework of the mysterious Lunar Vampire project started by House Drakan during the God Wars.

Rufus Alliviera, head of the security bureau Allivierion, is hired to deal with the threat of The Liberators. Progress is made, and eventually a brutal betrayal drives Alliviera to confront Samár in the bowels of Varrock’s castle, which had ended with the destruction of the castle and its secrets buried underground.

That was two years ago…

08-Feb-2011 03:42:55 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2011 03:50:23 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The Age of Nhur (Guess who wrote that one :P )
<><>
The fallout from The Liberators attack had left Varrock leaderless. King Roald and his queen had fled the city in the scandals which ensued in the aftermath of the incident thanks to damning evidence which implicated them in a viral outbreak that had ravaged Karamja. In the meantime Allivierion has taken over the city as a de facto ruler, beginning a reign whose direction has yet to be seen.

But despite their best efforts, murders still occurred in the dead of night. A shadowy cult known as The Brotherhood had began murdering various civilians in accordance with a goal that has yet to be revealed, much to the chagrin of various mercenaries who have attempted to bring them to justice.

One such mercenary was a man known as the Spider. Despite his valiant efforts, the mercenary had failed to save a young woman by the name of Alya during a chance encounter with a Brotherhood hit squad. A failure which had dangerous implications for him as he crossed paths with her brother, a half-demon by the name of Viez.

(Con..)

08-Feb-2011 03:43:04 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2013 18:06:57 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Meanwhile, a spellcaster of no small power in the employ of an organization known as the Grave Watchers had gone to an interplanar stronghold to retrieve a talisman of great and terrible power. The mage was informed of an incident during the Second Age dubbed ‘The Age of Nhur’ by the High Watcher of the stronghold.

The mage had read about many of the intrigues of that time in history, which involved a mysterious undead creature known only as V siding with an even more mysterious ally in an attempt to subvert an ancient and alien evil from time immemorial, a failed rebellion led by a former Shade general against an usurper to the throne of the Shade Empire, and the origins of the Lunar Vampire project. All of them, however, paled to the threat of the Doomhounds, which were created by the very same Talisman which the mage was sent to retrieve.

But the mage was no mere mage. Delrith had disguised himself as the spellcaster in an attempt to take possession of the talisman for his own dark ends, and succeeded. But not without paying a terrible price. His only daughter, Alya, was dead, as was his son, Viez.

With vengeance on his mind, Delrith began plotting a reckoning against the kingdom of Misthalin. Or more accurately, the city of Varrock.

Little does he know that he’s only playing into the hands of the Brotherhood…the very same cult who was responsible for the near destruction of the Shade Empire thousands of years ago...

08-Feb-2011 03:43:05 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2013 05:00:44 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

My own little note space for edits. Ignore this since I'm just keeping it up here in case my laptop decides to die and I lose my other copy.
------
Chapters (
RE
)edited for stuff like random censor attacks, grammar problems, and other stuff:

Prologue

Chapters 1-8

Chapter 9

08-Feb-2011 03:43:19 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2014 05:30:41 by A Mad Hatter

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top