Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“But that’s not all,” the Wise Old Man said. “After I parted ways with the stranger, I had decided to delve into the most remote dungeons and libraries to learn more about them. What I found was…startling.

For starters, their order is dedicated to fighting ancient beings known by various names. I cannot-nor do I wish to- recall their exact names, but they’ve been come to be known as Primordials. Beings that predate the gods…beings whose very existence is an affront to reality as we know it. And by Saradomin’s beard, these are beings that make Zaros look like a stray kitten on the verge of death.”

The knights gasped collectively. Silence fell over the room, and it was Augustus that dared to break it. “That’s good to know. But tell us what the pillars mean. Tell them what’s at stake here.”

The Wise Old Man began shaking as he spoke. “I’ve come to learn over the course of my studies that sometimes the Primordials begin crossing over into the rational worlds,” he said. “And it’s during those times that the Watchers take action…and issue a call to arms. There’s only been a few occasions of that happening over the course of history, and each and every time it happened, the world was in grave danger. The last recorded sightings of their pillars were during the God Wars themselves...which was also the last recorded Primordial uprising, judging from what I've learned.”

“But what’s that have to do with Delrith?” A knight asked. “The God Wars are over, there’s no sign of Primordial involvement, and so far a battalion of Grave Watchers hasn’t shown up on our doorstep singing about war. So I ask, why are the pillars showing up now just for him?”
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

17-Sep-2011 01:54:50

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dionysius shook his head. “I…know not,” he replied nervously. *But whatever went on with him at their outpost…if it was bad enough to warrant an alarm throughout the planes*I fear that it does not bode well for us.*

Silence covered the assembled knights as the Wise Old Man’s words weighed heavily on their mind. It was apparent that none of them knew what to think of what had been said, and Dionysius didn't blame them one bit.

However, the sounds of a small scuffle outside of the room broke their contemplations. *I know they’re in a meeting, but they need to know!” a young voice cried. *No, let go of me you buffoon! Let…go!”

The door to the room crashed open, and a small girl scrambled into the meeting hall. Her dark hair was tied in a ponytail, and her clothes bore a horse’s head, which was the symbol of the messengers of the Temple Knights. A pair of massive knights in full battle regalia strode in after her, and wrapped their bulky arms around her. The girl squirmed, and began screaming. “Let me go! Sir Augustus, I have urgent news! Please, just listen!”

Augustus rose from his seat and motioned for the guards to release the girl, which they did. “Lass, you better have a hell of a reason for interrupting an important meeting such as this,” he snarled.

The girl’s eyes widened in fear as she began rapidly speaking. “Goblins! Many of them! Thousands! He’s leading them!”

*What?...Who? Slow down, lass! One thing at a time. Now, you say there’s goblins out and about?”

“Not just out and about!” the girl screamed. “They’re marching on Falador! And the Baron’s with them! Just scry the northern gates if you don’t believe me!”

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

17-Sep-2011 01:55:48 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2014 05:27:37 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Augustus sighed, and barked a command word. The crystal mirror behind the Wise Old Man shimmered, and the many visions in it gathered and swirled into one big, clear vision of the north gate. Everyone in the room stared at the vision before them in disbelief, and the present knights stood and unsheathed their swords in almost perfect unison.

There were indeed goblins outside of Falador. They numbered in the thousands, and they weren’t alone. Many in the room caught sight of massive, multi-legged lizards, lion-maned animals with a scorpions tail, and even the cockatrices which roamed the lands to the northwest.

What’s more, they saw a massive ogre in full battle regalia that had been christened with the symbol of Bandos. A massive cleaver-like sword hung from his back, and he was flanked by a pair of knights in black armor with gold designs dancing around their forms.

“Gods,” Augustus said. Turning to the knights, he shouted, “Alright, you all know the drill! We deploy, now!"

The knights didn't bother saluting the Inquisitor as they scrambled out of the room. The Wise Old Man readied his staff, and began to follow them before Augustus stopped him.

“Dionysius,” he said. “We’ll continue this conversation later. But first, that’* assuming we all survive this little raid of your friend out there.”

“Trust me,” Dionysius replied. “I may have made the mistake of giving that Ogre tidbits of my knowledge not too long ago. But I won’t hesitate to correct that mistake if I get the chance. Good day to you, Sir Inquisitor.”

~^+^~

17-Sep-2011 01:56:40 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2014 05:28:47 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The Baron sniffed the air as his legions approached the gates of Falador. Of course, it was no surprise to see the gates grinding to a close as soon as the sentries caught sight of the size of his army. And it would be no surprise if he were to run into fierce resistance from some of his old contacts in the knighthoods defending the city either.

“Nervous?” he heard the Raven Knight War-Chief ask.

The Baron turned and regarded the undead knight with contempt. “I’ve been preparing for this for years,” he said. “But I’ve always imagined storming the city with her and not...you.”

“It*s what she would’ve wanted,” the knight replied.

“Indeed,” the Baron said. He turned to take one last look at his assembled goblins and the Raven Knights who had flocked to his banner. He didn't say a word, not that he needed to anyway. The act of unsheathing his massive sword and pointing it directly at the white city of Falador was enough to whip the goblins into a frenzy. Some began screaming, others were chanting in their chittering tongue, and even more began holding their weapons high into the air.

No matter their actions, one thing remained clear to all: they would raze the city to the ground. And they would take no prisoners.

That much was not lost on the silent observer that day. He may not walk among the living anymore, but he knew bloodlust when he saw it thanks to spending countless years in the blasted wilderness to the north. The observer left its vantage point from the midst of the goblin ranks, and flew high into the air. Even if it was visible, nobody that day would be able to see it thanks to the glaring sun.

17-Sep-2011 01:58:14 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2014 05:29:30 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The observer saw the true extent of the goblin forces. They stretched on for miles, and it was surprising that they had managed to make it through the woods without making much noise. But no matter, it thought. The goblins weren’t the true target anyway.

The observer found its reference point- a small set of ruins which glowed with the power of the living mind- and began flying towards it. The world passed by the observer quickly. It caught a glimpse of a trio of travelers walking by a wall below it. They boasted a desert woman who bore a strange aura about her among their number, but other than that nothing stood out as too remarkable about them. It saw a few birds take flight at his passing as well, but that mattered not either.

Once the silent observer had touched the ground near the mysterious ruins, it had manifested itself in the form of a long haired knight without his helmet. It spoke in a hollow voice. “Sires…the objective is surrounded by goblins….Manticores….Basilisks….Cockatrices….and Raven Knights.”

A rustle came from the bushes, and a man in red garb seemingly appeared out of nowhere. His dark hair was covered by a wide brimmed red hat, and he was accompanied by what appeared to be a kind of earth elemental. “How many are there?” he asked.

“They can fill three legions with their numbers,” the revenant replied. “And an Ogre leads them. I sense something…unnatural about it.”

17-Sep-2011 01:59:43

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

“Great,” the elemental rumbled. “So it sounds like we have to pulverize some goblins to get to that city…wha’s it called? Foladar? Flatadoor?”

“Falador,” the man said. “And yes, from the sound of things, we may very well end up fighting an army.”

The revenant faded in and out of view. “Then we must act quickly, I suppose,* it said. “Time is of the essence, according to the master.”

V holstered his crossbow and began walking to the south. “Then let’s not waste any more time,” he said. “We have a long road ahead of us, and it looks like we’re about to meet our first challenge on uneven footing. A fitting trial, I suppose.”

Old Ghost floated after him, who was followed by Grim. “Heh,” the elemental grumbled. “Looks like we have our work cut out for us then.”

^+^ The End of Chapter 9 ^+^

17-Sep-2011 02:00:49

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Well...this will most likely be the last chapter for the better part of a month-month and a half. The next one will probably either be split into 2 parts, or might be just one long chapter...but either way it's going to take a while to write up. x.x

17-Sep-2011 02:08:26

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"“What, you have demon babies or something?”"
Another awesome quote, lol.

Father Dagon, eh? Is he gonna be a clone of the Philistine god?

So I read from Azura being followed by yellow creatures, to segments of a journey, a cave, a flying head, a hunter, and stuff like that.
I like how part 2 has more depth and complexity than AoN.

Well, guess that's all, as I should be sleeping for work and not staying up, heehee.
So yeah, until next time.

09-Oct-2011 05:45:16 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2011 05:46:18 by Azigarath

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

^Good to know Ogre :D

"Father Dagon, eh? Is he gonna be a clone of the Philistine god?

So I read from Azura being followed by yellow creatures, to segments of a journey, a cave, a flying head, a hunter, and stuff like that.
I like how part 2 has more depth and complexity than AoN."
<>
I'll have to look into the specifics of the Philistine god some more before I can say for sure. But yeah, AoN was more of an experiment than anything. This one should be a lot longer before it's over....

Damn I need to get writing more >.<

10-Oct-2011 01:26:01

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top