Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya know....I actually noticed some of that stuff in some of your stories too. I just didn't mention it at the time because I think either someone else beat me to it or I just forgot to x.x

And AvP (the movies, not the games/comics) sorta sucked imo....especially considering that half the time I couldn't follow what was going on without getting confused by the jumpy action. Though on the other hand the Alien movies rank among the top of my list of favorite movies so far even though I don't think they're *that* scary....in fact, I'd say the works of Lovecraft and Poe were more scarier to me than a monster killing things and spreading a parasitic hive around (not by much though).

Oddly enough I stumbled across some artwork from that guy (Giger?) the other day in a book I found laying around. It looks like the kind of thing I can appreciate, buuttt...idk for sure. I don't care about the "adult" themed references in some of them so much as the fact that everything seems a little *too* much like each other (Read: stuff merged with machines and pipes and other random industrial things).

As for my hat...let's just say that I know where my loyalties really lie. I won't say more than that considering recent events and all >.<
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

22-Aug-2011 00:13:29

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
that was a faster-than-expected reply. And since I happen to be online might as well say I suppose we all have things to work on. It's difficult to be perfect :P

speaking of AvP, the movies were close to pointless, especially part 2 which almost felt like the producers expected their fans to be preteens, but there was enough costumes to appreciate the effort. At the end of Predator 2 there is an alien's skull in the predator's spaceship-thing, and in PREDATORS there wasn't enough predators, lol.

but oh well I probably couldnt do better myself regarding film production, I'm off for today, I'll just sit back and wait for awhile for something to happen, so until next time.

22-Aug-2011 00:41:48

Dragride2742

Dragride2742

Posts: 67 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The stories I usually read hadn't updated yet, so I went on a search for a good story. Like I normally do, I scaned pages of the story forum until I find a thread that for what ever reason, peaks my interest. The age of Nhur was one of those threads.

I was a little late to the party, so I didn't post on that thread, But I loved that the "main character never dies"rule wasn''t in your story, so you had to read, rather being able to asume plot lines. This created a darker atmosphere to the world your descriptive writing brought to life. I finished the age of Nhur not to long ago, And I'm extatic that you continued the story line.

Although when I first read your story" age of Nhur" it was very dry and difficult to understand at the begining, Almost making me stop reading. I know that you were trying to reveal senarios and characters slowly, to create a misterious enviorment, but you put too little details with too much going on. That was resolved shortly into the middle, through more enviormental information and knowing what the heck a character was doing, rather than guessing most of it.

You have improved on this in your second episode, so it feels like a mistery, rather than a fill in the blanks (little bit harsh there).

Other than that I would like to say that I like what you have going here, with your writing style and such. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the "red garbed man"( was it Z?). I still feel bad for arial from AoN though...

25-Aug-2011 04:52:35

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
speaking of AvP, the movies were close to pointless, especially part 2 which almost felt like the producers expected their fans to be preteens, but there was enough costumes to appreciate the effort. At the end of Predator 2 there is an alien's skull in the predator's spaceship-thing, and in PREDATORS there wasn't enough predators, lol.
<>
Odd you mention that....because I just got done reading one of those director commentary things on a movie site I use a lot and the guys behind AvP2 admitted that they were aiming for a more teen-oriented audience with the action scenes for whatever reason they had. O_o

Though oddly enough, one single line in Predators could've easily set up an AvP movie and give an excuse for a sequel with more predators. Think it was the nomad guy with the predator gear who said something to the effect of "They drop species from different planets down here and hunt them for sport". They should get working on that idea soon actually x.x

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

26-Aug-2011 01:08:34

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

(would've posted this as an edit to the above post but the forum wont let it load. wtf x.x)

"Although when I first read your story" age of Nhur" it was very dry and difficult to understand at the begining, Almost making me stop reading. I know that you were trying to reveal senarios and characters slowly, to create a misterious enviorment, but you put too little details with too much going on. That was resolved shortly into the middle, through more enviormental information and knowing what the heck a character was doing, rather than guessing most of it.

You have improved on this in your second episode, so it feels like a mistery, rather than a fill in the blanks (little bit harsh there)."
<>
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, after rereading random parts from the beginning of Nhur, I sort of have to agree that they could've been better compared to the rest of the story (ok, it was originally an experiment, but still....even I got lost at some parts, and I wrote the damn thing O_o ).

Anyway, welcome to the party. There's still a lot more to come, so might as well get comfortable while things are still relatively quiet :P

26-Aug-2011 01:27:16

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Update ETA: sometime next week (early weekend at the most). I'm at the halfway point of the next chapter, but still have a few school stuff to get out of the way before I can do that.

15-Sep-2011 06:12:03

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top