Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“Come out come out wherever you are!” Zirax called as he stalked around the burning MagiTek building. It was taking everything the Spider had to keep himself conscious after absorbing most of the magical fire from the explosion and redirecting it towards the storehouse.

At the time it seemed like a good idea- he could kill two birds with one stone by saving the civilians while destroying a potential hiding place for any other biological surprises the alchemy lab was capable of producing in one move- but now he was regretting it.

The smoke was making it hard to see, and on top of that it was only a matter of time before his suit’s enchantments ran out and caused him to inhale a lungful of alchemical smoke.

The Spider rode the nearest shadows to a nearby pillar on the third floor that was still standing. From his vantage point he could see the elf clearly, but he was unsure if the elf’s keen eyes would see him hidden in the smoke from the ground.

“Oh, c’mon!” Zirax moaned. “I’m not gonna kill ya! I’ll just make a small flesh wound first. Then I’ll probably use some poison doo hickey. Or maybe a magical curse from Karamthulhu’s own bible. Or maybe one of my toy castle turrets. Then I’ll kill you while happily eating my sandwich!”

The Spider waited until Zirax had his back turned. “Hey, you still alive?” he called out to the astonishment of the crowd in the main square not far from their position. “No, seriously. That would suck if I actually killed you with the paper bomb thingy. Because….you know….I had so much more planned!”
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

15-Aug-2011 19:40:37 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:10:56 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Spider leapt from his vantage point and aimed a blow right at the elf’s head. But the elf had apparently anticipated the move, and turned around in a flourish of swift cuts to his torso. The Spider quickly turned to the side and blocked the blows with his webbed cloak before disappearing into Zirax’s own shadow and reappearing in the main square a few feet down the road. As he straightened out his cloak, he heard the clatter of metal against stone thanks to one of Zirax’s weapons getting caught in the teleport spell.

The Spider quickly snatched the dagger from the ground, and when he saw the same group of people who were surrounding him before the spell went off standing around, he couldn’t help but scream. “What are you people, stupid or something?! There’s a damn assassin on the loose over there and he’s going to kill you if you get in his way. Now run or something!”

No sooner than he had finished his warning did a small bolt of energy fly into a nearby man, causing him to collapse to the ground with smoke signaling the smell of cooking flesh. The man screamed, which kicked off a chain reaction of panicking people trying to make it out of the way before the crazed killer made them his next target.

“Sorry!” Zirax called over the noise as he drew closer to the Spider. “I meant to kill bug boy over there. You know how magic slips up every now and then, right? Right?”

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

15-Aug-2011 19:41:01 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:01 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The Spider didn't respond as a quick flick of his wrist sent the dagger sailing towards the crazed assassin. Zirax waited until the dagger was close to his head before rolling out of the weapon’s path, causing his hood to fall back to reveal his elfish features to the world at large. For the most part, Zirax nearly looked like any other elf from their lands, save for a twin set of dark scars that ran down both of his eyes in a straight line.

The effect, though mundane in nature, was enough to cause most of the civilians near him to do a double take before the elf proceeded to cut them down with a long silver rapier that appeared in a flurry of azure light.

“Crap,” the Spider muttered as he took in the slaughter unfolding before his eyes. “Fire’s one thing. But this is getting out of hand.”

“Then defend thyself,” the guttural voice in his mind said. “Use the armor of the Huntsman to honorably slay the Taken Mind who dares defile the lives of unarmed prey.”

“Oh great, you again.”

“Oh, you bet it’s me again!” Zirax shouted as he closed in on the Spider. “I might not have made my presence known since Chapter 5 of The Age of Nhur, but who doesn’t love a good comeback, eh?”

The Spider dodged the assassin’s strike as he wondered out loud, “What the hell are you talking about?”

“His mind is taken by the Other Beings,” the voice whispered. “Don’t try to understand the madness. Now prepare thyself!”

“Wha…” the Spider managed before he felt a strange sensation build up in his chest. The mercenary looked down, and the web-like designs on his armor began working their way around his entire body, sprouting odd edges and protrusions that gave him the impression of spikes. The designs engulfed his mask next, and once the entire process was finished he looked more like an actual Spider-like demon than a mercenary dressed in odd black armor.

15-Aug-2011 19:41:49 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:06 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

The Spider himself didn't feel any different than usual, however those who witnessed the fight that day claimed that he was hunched over in a manner similar to that of the men who worked the bell towers, and his cape was gone with only a few thick strands of inky black “webbing” to cover his back. The strands were also present on his well-muscled arms which both ended in clawed hands, and even though his two feet were replaced by four on both his left and right sides, the strands were also present between the spidery “legs”.

Where only two oddly shaped “eyes” once resided were now covered with many gray eye-like designs that stood out against his bone white “mask”. Mandibles also erupted from the area where his mouth would’ve been had he been unmasked, causing a small amount of spittle to fly through the air as he struggled to regain control of his body after the sudden but disturbing transformation.

“Aw, c’mon!” Zirax cried as he readied his rapier. “How come the wimpy scholar guy gets cool demon powers like that and I’m stuck with Lenore here and my stolen toys?!”

“H…heh,” the Spider managed. “No…now….odds….good.”

Zirax cursed as Lenore slashed across the Spider’s bone-white armor to no effect. The rapier itself was unscathed, but the elf felt his body shake from the force of the impact as he trembled a bit. “Ok, shiny weapons don’t work with slashing,” he said as he dodged a swing from the now transformed mercenary’s claws. “So let’s try some holy water instead!”

A crashing sound echoed through the center as Zirax launched a volley of four small vials at the ground near the spider, which erupted into tiny waves of clear water as they shattered. The water sizzled as it touched the mercenary’s body, and the Spider screamed in unnatural rage. Zirax took that as a sign that his attack worked, and tried charging the Spider with a small dagger drawn.

15-Aug-2011 19:42:26 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:11 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Before the assassin came close to hitting the creature, he suddenly found himself being launched across the plaza by a surprise attack from the Spider, who made inhuman leaps in between the buildings to keep up with the elf.

“S…sorry,” the mercenary gurgled. “Don’t know….strength. But…I can…do this!” The Spider managed to catch one of Zirax’s legs as the elf was in midflight, and he launched the elf right into the burning building.

The resulting crash sent embers scattering into the air, which proceeded to begin a few small fires on the unlucky buildings surrounding the MagiTek storehouse. The Spider landed safely among the flames, and even though he didn't have any enchantments active to help him breath in the hazardous environment, he found that he could breathe in the smoke as easily as he could normal air.

Zirax managed to get to his feet while coughing up a store. “Lenore…c’mon honey, Big Daddy Z needs your help now." The rapier flashed in his hands once more, and a sadistic gleam streaked across the elf’s almond shaped eyes. “Funny thing about killing your betrothed and putting her soul in a weapon,” he sneered as he and the Spider circled around each other like vultures. “She might hate me for killing her…but she still loves me enough to keep me protected in these kinds of situations.”

The Spider snarled as he lunged at the assassin, who rolled out of the way. Zirax ended his roll with a quick slash at one of the Spider’s legs, which caused the mercenary to stumble into a nearby pile of debris which was on fire. The Spider didn't seem to notice the flames as they crawled across his body, but he did notice the elf take out another bottle of holy water.

15-Aug-2011 19:42:55 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:16 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

“I should super charge this sucker,” Zirax growled as he dodged another brutish attack from the Spider and slashed at one of his legs with Lenore once again. “But that would put out the fires…which would save people. Now, why would I want to do that?”

The Spider only growled as his claws raked at the space which Zirax occupied only a few seconds ago. The elf was swift enough to dodge the attack and roll underneath the Spider, stabbing at the creature’s back as his dodge ended. The Spider struggled to turn around as Zirax stabbed and slashed at the black patches which signaled breaks in the bone-like armor covering his body. Each attack wracked the mercenary’s body with pain, and each wave of pain caused an unnatural and unholy rage to build up within him.

“E…ENOUGH!” the Spider roared as he finally turned around and grabbed Zirax’s weapon out of his elfish hands. “You…you die…now.*

Zirax couldn’t answer before a nasty backhand sent him sailing through the air, smashing through a wall, and falling to the city streets below.

“Let’s see you fight your way out of this!” The Spider howled as he jumped after Zirax, holding Lenore in plain sight for all to see.

Zirax only giggled maniacally as a warm, inviting light engulfed his body. His body smacked against the street, causing waves of pain to wash over him and cracking bones to sound through the air a little too loudly…but, it was alright, thought Zirax.

The Spider landed close to the elf, who shouted a single word of devastating power. The light grew too bright for anyone to see through, and the Spider hissed as he recoiled from the burst of energy.

15-Aug-2011 19:43:19 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:21 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

When the light cleared, the Spider laid his eyes on a red-headed female in white armor. She was a little too tall to be considered human, and her physique hinted at years upon years of both physical and magical training in the art of combat. Angelic wings sat on her back, and a glint of instability crossed between her dark, gray eyes.

“Oh….love of….seriously?* the Spider muttered.

“Well,” the ‘woman’ said in a melodic voice. “I always did have a thing for curvy redheads, ya know? They always were the funniest to hang around with when I got drunk!”

The Spider wasted no time in attacking. Lenore sliced through the air like a hot knife through butter, causing Zirax to step back and parry the strike with a longsword of his own. The Spider drew back to strike once more, but the transformed elf, apparently borrowing power from his new form, made a slash at the hand holding Lenore. The blow didn't hurt, but it was enough to make the Spider drop Lenore, which was promptly snatched up by Zirax.

As the elf was enjoying his triumph, the Spider barreled into him with the force of a raging hurricane, punching and slashing with his claws as he drove the assassin back towards an apartment building that had caught on fire somehow during the fight.

Zirax grimaced as the Spider slashed him across the face. Blood began seeping from the cut, and the elf only began laughing as he wiped some of it off with an armored hand. “A’right buddy, this has gone on long enough. You had your fun, so it’s time to die for good this time. No coming back in Lumbridge, ya hear?!”

The elf sent the Spider skidding back a few feet with a well placed punch. Surprise crossed his transformed face, and he stammered. “So…so much…power. Pray tell…how much…power…you have?”

15-Aug-2011 19:44:08 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:26 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

“You really wanna know?” Zirax asked.

“Y…yes,” the Spider replied. “It would…be…an honor…to die with such…a sight…as the last thing I see.*

Zirax smiled. “Oh, smart boy,” he gloated as he produced a vial in his hands. “Here, let’s use the holy water. Apparently that’s the only thing that can kill a lot of people real fast.” A glow emanated from his hands and engulfed the vial. The elf shattered it in his hands as he raised a clenched fist to the air and shouted a word of holy power.

The sky turned dark as clouds gathered overhead. Thunder crashed in the air, and small drops of rain began to fall. The drops sped up and began showering the entire town square and adjacent streets with holy rain. The fires died out, though Zirax didn't seem to notice.

Instead, the elf was cursing with rage as his female form began to melt away and reveal his true elf form. “What?!” he shrieked. “But...how? This shouldn’t happen!”

The Spider laughed as his own demonic form began unraveling as well. “Yeah…funny thing about holy water…it doesn’t kill people. At least, not living ones. It affects demons in possessed people, though.”

Zirax began giggling as he sheathed Lenore. A slight ping sounded, and the elf drew out a small commorb and stared intently into it. “What?” he snarled. “Oh…you got it? So I’m done now? My money’s in the bank, right? Well, good. Nice doin’ business with ya then!”

The elf pocketed his orb and waved at the Spider. “Well, nice playin’ with ya, but my shift’s over. See ya later.”

15-Aug-2011 19:44:45 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:33 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

“Wait…what?!” the Spider cried. “What do you mean ‘your shift’?”

“Oh, yeah,” Zirax said sheepishly as he donned his hood. “Funny thing about that…I was hired to distract you and be a pain in the ass while someone did something over in the eastern sector. Dunno what, but it was fun while it lasted wasn’t it?”

“Who’d hire you for a job like that?” the Spider asked.

Zirax shrugged. “Dunno. I only know the guy’s name was Marik. He supposedly does some cool cultist stuff and whatnot. But, what do I care? I’m a few million richer for this whole thing, so it’s off to the bar for me!”

The Spider grabbed Zirax’s shoulder as the elf turned to walk towards the Blue Moon Inn. “Wait,” he said. “I’m serious. No games. What’s really going on here?”

Zirax smiled a devilish smile. “Like I said, I don’t know the whole deal,” he claimed. “But I do know this…I’m just one part of a bigger storm. Someone out there hates you, so they’re cooking up one hell of an Anti-Spider jambalaya just for you.”

Zirax squirmed out of the mercenary’s hands and began walking down the street. “If ya need me I’ll be at the Blue Moon trying to get one of their barmaids to like me,” he said. “I’m tellin’ ya, I got my eye on this adorable little brunette who makes one hell of a roast sandwich!”

The elf disappeared into an alleyway before a ringing filled the Spider’s head. “Hey, it’s me,” Rovin said. “Just to let you know, we’re closing in on the Vampire. How’s the situation with the Crow going?”

“It’s…over,” he replied as he rode the shadows to the nearest rooftop, much to the amazement of the civilians who were coming over to investigate the battle site. “I was right, it was Zirax. And he was after me in particular. Said something about keeping me away from the eastern sector.”

15-Aug-2011 19:46:07 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:11:39 by A Mad Hatter

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

“Hey, isn’t that the area where Myra was investigating a murder scene with Allivierion?” Rovin asked.

“Oh, gods,” the Spider said in alarm. “You’re right. Did you ever get in touch with her?”

“I tried as we were tracking the Vampire,” Rovin said. “But I couldn’t get in touch with her personally, and nobody at the Bureau knows where she is either.”

“Do you at least know where she was supposed to be working at?”

“I think it was...what, Gorvanni? Gorvanki? Some rich guy who was a Brotherhood victim. Apparently his family requested Allivierion to search for the murderers at the scene of the crime.”

“Alright, thanks,” the Spider said. “I’ll check it out now. Maybe she just got too wrapped up in her work and didn't notice the spell activating or something.”

“Crap,” Rovin replied. “Look, I’m cutting the spell now. One of the GenMag guys says we’re close to the target.”

“Good luck,” the Spider said as the spell cut out. In truth, he knew Miles Rovin would be fine. He was a decorated White Knight of Falador who had witnessed many a brutal campaign against the goblin forces who united for a short time under a ruler known only as the Baron. Of course, that was before he grew tired of war and transferred to Varrock so he could assume the role his father, Milo Rovin, had filled as a guard captain before the poor sap had died a few years back.

Instead, he was worried about Myra. And even though he knew she was capable of handling herself in the line of duty, he still felt a sense of dread in his heart as he began making his way to the Gorvanki Manor. The worst part is he didn't even know why.

~^+^~

15-Aug-2011 19:46:54 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2013 06:12:11 by A Mad Hatter

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top