Forums

^+^ Onslaught ^+^

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“Well, if you’re searching for this man,” Aubury said. “Then I wish you luck. If the men who killed her were working for these ‘Brotherhood’ thugs who’ve been in the newspapers recently, you may need it.”

“Yeah,” the Spider said as he started for the door. “Luck. Thanks.”

~^+^~

Marik watched from his vantage point in the shadows as the Spider had taken to the rooftops that night. The Hexblade held back a chuckle as he had began trailing the black-clad mercenary, which was an all too easy task for one who drew his power from Hecate herself. A simple teleport here, a jumping spell there, and he easily managed to keep a respectable distance from the mercenary while keeping in seeing distance of the odd fellow.

He watched as the Spider stopped at a rooftop of a nearby apartment building and began looking around. When the mercenary was sure he was alone, he stalked into the shadows, and Marik felt the sharp tug of a teleport spell being cast. Emerging from the shadows on the streets, Marik decided to test out a theory of his. But first, he needed to contact Mori to arrange a few details.

~^+^~

The Gentleman watched Marik through the scrying mirrors, impressed with the Hexblade’s progress thus far. In truth, he half expected the Shade to defect and run straight to the authorities, but really, where could he go? After all, it wasn’t like any of the humans knew what was really going on, and the other races were too embroiled in their own intrigues to give a damn. So as far as he was concerned, the Hexblade was right where he wanted him.
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

09-Mar-2011 20:21:05

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Gentleman didn't realize how lost in his thoughts he was until he heard a voice shake him awake. “Sire,” the voice said. “It is done. The signal had been activated from our trap perfectly.”

The Gentleman spun his chair around and regarded a humanoid figure whose features were mostly obscured by some kind of ceremonial burial wrappings which had been complemented with bits of plate armor of obvious ancient and abominable design which seemed to have been torn straight from the halls of the most powerful Archdevils of the Hells. Only its head was free of such wrappings, but even so, a mask depicting a skeletal face twisted in a fit of macabre laughter sat on its face while the rest of the head was shrouded by a dark red hood. But despite the garments, he knew all too well that the Heikka Scabbaria wouldn’t have bothered speaking unless what he had to say was true.

“So the halls are prepared?” he asked.

The Heikka only stared into space for a moment before replying, “Yes. The bait had been taken by a Mahjarrat who was foolish enough to dare venture there, and he had reached the bottom right on time. It took a few years to work, but it worked as He had predicted.”

“Of course,” the Gentleman replied. “He has spent eons planning this very moment, down to the last minute detail. He counted on the Grave Watchers sending out a warning signal, and so they did. ‘Tis a pity that the seers of this world will misinterpret the message, however. I foresee great battles as many souls are lured to our trap!”

The Heikka Scabbaria kneeled on the ground. “Indeed. What is thy bidding now, my master?” it rasped.

The Gentleman cracked his knuckles as he turned to face the scrying mirrors once more. “For now, you wait,” he replied. “I must watch events as they unfold. I fear that my to-do list shall be very long if this works as our Lord had planned.”

^+^ The End of Chapter 4 ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

09-Mar-2011 20:22:23

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

^Yeah, about that....it'll be a while thanks to some tests coming up that I still need to study for (and no Heikka's until later. *insert evil laughter here*). And then there's still the little Ps3 drama that still needs to play out. So adds might take a while to come in the meantime, but once the bs is out of the way I should be able to keep a decent pace after getting started >.>

Snow...not sure how I missed you earlier, but thanks for reading :)

14-Mar-2011 17:54:17

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finished reading chapter 4000000.
Sort of forgot about this :@

I had flashbacks while reading the chapter, lol, almost made me reread a chapter from The Age of Nhur.
well, not much to say so far, but more and more things are coming together and I have a feeling that there's gonna be a 'split' between 'freinds' in later chapters.

just a guess though. We'll have to wait and see as usual.
until next time.

15-Mar-2011 03:32:50

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

^Don't blame ya for almost forgetting tbh. Between personal stuff and getting sick writing's been sorta slow for me lately. Hopefully things should pick up in the summer or something >.>

17-Mar-2011 04:19:13

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Update: Add ETA is sometime near the end of next week. That might be the only one until the summer since classes decided that we *must* do the really big projects of writing up business/marketing/financial plans now instead of...you know...at the beginning of the semester where there's not the threat of finals hanging over everything. Damn school >.>

25-Mar-2011 14:34:49

Quick find code: 49-50-10-62349822 Back to Top