Forums

Zephyring to Max Cape

Quick find code: 48-49-44-66018504

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

2 levels remaining before max!

Another fire giant negated the first level-up message... meh.

2.4m exp left to max in total - 50% slayer and 50% firemaking!

"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

19-Nov-2018 11:39:01

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Tears of Guthix Update

Had to train firemaking for the last time to ensure that ToG experience wouldn't go to waste, and with that, there's only 234k slayer exp and 124k firemaking exp to go till max!!! > )

~Accipiter striatus

24-Nov-2018 18:18:48

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

...and the Blackwing for the firemaking skill is:

And so the thread has come a full circle, although unfortunately,
Breeze didn't appear in the anime so a gif couldn't be produced.

Finally, after roughly 400 days, max cape has been achieved!!! Final stats are below:

After buying the max cape, I was congratulated by a few NPCs too:

~Accipiter striatus

25-Nov-2018 17:42:39

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Closing Words

When I started playing Old School seriously last year, it was my original plan that I'd aim for max cape and then potentially quit Runescape permanently, if Jagex didn't start fixing RS3 seriously until then. But as I kept training and getting lucky with some of the pets and other drops as well, combined with not seeing any improvement over at RS3, it has made me love Old School to a point where I still want to keep going. Before I hopped over, my understanding of Old School was a lot more naive than it is now.

Because of that, my future goals will be to keep completing as much as I can in Old School, starting with going back to my burning roots: getting the phoenix pet. Mean phoenix eggling was my very first "prestigious" pet in RS3, and my older name was based around it too. The phoenix pet in Old School is all grown up though, just as I am compared to when I got the eggling. However, based on my performance, it should take 2000-2200 Wintertodt kc on average, whilst it only took 454 kc to reach 99 firemaking, so it's likely to take a while.

This will be my last progress thread here though; I don't simply have the time anymore to keep maintaining a thread like this anymore, so it's likely that I'll only be posting a thread once/if I've managed to get the pet. Until then, I'll be keeping it simple with a signature progress instead.

Funnily enough though, it took until the second-to-last WT crate to finish my pyromancer outfit, which is very dry, so it might mean having to go all the way to 200m for the pet...

Cheers to everyone who supported me along the way! My favorite max cape is seen below.

THE END

~Accipiter striatus

25-Nov-2018 18:05:40

4A6F6B6B75

4A6F6B6B75

Posts: 35,046 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
THE END

In after the end:

That message from the NPCs is pretty cool! Anja sent you congratulations as well!

Sharp-shin said :
Because of that, my future goals will be to keep completing as much as I can in Old School

Maybe try getting all champion scrolls? That is a cool minigame!

Sharp-shin said :
Cheers to everyone who supported me along the way!

You're welcome! 8) Cheers for sharing your progress with us!

26-Nov-2018 18:26:08

Quick find code: 48-49-44-66018504 Back to Top