Forums

Patch Notes - 12/08

Quick find code: 442-443-33-66115164

Tyco elf

Tyco elf

Posts: 242 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
5th consecutive patch week? Come on Jagex, MTX were supposed to increase actual game updates instead of yielding ever diminishing returns.

I rather have a complete game where players don't get cheated by bugs than content that comes out every 2nd week. And it's not a short list this week.

Rikornak said :
Was the sigil to abilities conversersion post-poned? Otherwise good stuff I guess.

It was postponed after the new sigil abilities was decided to work off-cooldown, which require testing before release.

Thanks for the patches! :)

12-Aug-2019 13:51:01

Ethereal199
Oct Member 2015

Ethereal199

Posts: 2,320 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tyco elf said :
Sharp-shin said :
5th consecutive patch week? Come on Jagex, MTX were supposed to increase actual game updates instead of yielding ever diminishing returns.

I rather have a complete game where players don't get cheated by bugs than content that comes out every 2nd week. And it's not a short list this week.

I would prefer this as well. Quality is more important than quantity anyway, and Jagex has stated before that MTX content is much easier and faster to develop. Giving Jagex more time to produce content makes it more likely to be of higher quality, than Jagex rushing every single week to produce something new. Jagex can fill the gap weeks with patch fixes (which resulted because of rushed updates) and the easily developed MTX content.

Obviously, each update will inevitably have bugs as we are talking about an 18+ year old game. There's a trade-off between spending little time and having a ton of bugs (which have to be fixed eventually) or spending more time and having less bugs to fix. I mean, everyone has seen what happens when an update lacks QA.

Mod Shauny said :

• Replaced combined, but incomplete, godsword blade shards with their component shards.

Thank you for this fix. 6 months late, but at least one less avenue used by scammers has been closed.
Clue Drops -> 3a Range Top (h357), 3a Full Helm (h439), 3a Druidic Staff (e969), Barrows Dye (h1755, h2546, e680, e1567, e2038, e2160, m480, m783, m862), Shadow Dye (e510, e1970, e1985, h2948), Ice Dye (e1539, e2804), 3a Dye (e3129)

12-Aug-2019 14:03:02 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2019 14:10:07 by Ethereal199

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,165 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tyco elf said :
Sharp-shin said :

Rikornak said :
Was the sigil to abilities conversersion post-poned? Otherwise good stuff I guess.

It was postponed after the new sigil abilities was decided to work off-cooldown, which require testing before release.

Thanks for the patches! :)

Thanks for clarifying - I thought they wanted to deliver this afterwards.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

12-Aug-2019 14:10:20

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"•The 'Leave no **gomite buried' achievement has been updated to include the names of every zygomite. These will become highlighted when the zygomite has been found."

That is good. I had to write them all down on paper. Using a pencil. It's like the stone age man, when I am playing a computer game the computer should be making the lists. This saves me from having to build a list-writing robot to assist me in playing Runescape.

"•Free to Play players will once again be able to buy and use the Daemonheim skill door boost. "

This is a very important decision you have made. I am guessing it makes DG actually playable in F2P. It makes the devs look good that you took it into consideration and changed it back now.

12-Aug-2019 14:15:33

MrsGuinevere

MrsGuinevere

Posts: 242 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Niyah said :
Sharp-shin said :
It's great, isn't it? Record profits and revenue, yet poorer updates and content.

YAWN - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ^^^

THANK YOU for the long list of fixes or changes.

12-Aug-2019 14:20:51

Quick find code: 442-443-33-66115164 Back to Top