Forums

Android 7.1.1 not Compatible

Quick find code: 429-430-889-66062566

Tantza

Tantza

Posts: 795 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could the following issue be handled by mods as soon as possible? It's urgent and affecting thousands of OSRS players using mobile, there's being made more and more topics about this to these forums right now.

I got Android 7.1.1 with 2GB RAM (Samsung Galaxy J5 2016) and been using OSRS (Beta) since 5.7.2018 already. Now after the update last thursday (22.11), it started downloading the client n stopped with the error message: "Old School Runescape has encountered a problem. Your client needs updating. Opening store page..."

It didn't open the page and now when trying to search for "Old School Runescape" in Play Store, it's nowhere to be found. Tried deleting the beta version and search again, no such a luck.

Only way I found it, was through the browser and there it kept telling me that my device is not compatible with this version and wont let me download it, even though I have the latest Android updates (7.1.1, and it SHOULD BE working on 5.0 or newer) and was working perfectly for 4,5months before the recent update, on last thursday 22.11.

Neriphyra replied here last weekend, saying that this issue will be shared to the team to look into, but no other reactions / Jmod replies on this big issue yet, that is blocking probably thousands of eligible users from downloading / using mobile.

Please, could this issue be handled Asap?
Appreciated. :)

22-Nov-2018 20:47:22 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2018 00:45:54 by Tantza

Schpritz
May Member 2018

Schpritz

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have the exact same problem, from a Moto G3 with android 6.0.1.

I was playing for month with the beta and the update today give me the same error as you.

There's a ton of topic on reddit with the same issue but no solution seems to be found, and no JMod have replied to explain...

I think about downloading the apk with an apk downloader to try forcing the install manually, but I'm afraid it could be... forbidden?

22-Nov-2018 21:44:02

Schpritz
May Member 2018

Schpritz

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't even reinstall it, my device is just not compatible, google dont let me download it.
Worst, I can't even find it on the store, I have to go on the internet navigator

Tantza seems to be in my case too

24-Nov-2018 01:39:28

Tantza

Tantza

Posts: 795 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Neriphyra said :
Thank you for sharing all this with us and we are adding this to the reports that are being shared with the team.

We also appreciate the fact that you are sharing your Android version to help us investigate.

Thank you for for replying and reacting to this issue that quite many players have been confronting since the newest update on 22.11, I hope the team will find solution for this soon.

Please, feel free to pm me or just post here if you need any more information, I'll be pleased to help out.

Appreciated! :)

24-Nov-2018 02:50:12 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2018 02:50:34 by Tantza

Quick find code: 429-430-889-66062566 Back to Top