Forums

Android 7.1.1 not Compatible

Quick find code: 429-430-889-66062566

Old Soviet

Old Soviet

Posts: 417 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To see that this issue is still not resolved and not even a single response from OSRS staff and its December 29th 2018 is just..... wow.

My app did not work after the update for weeks then for no reason one day it just started working again... To see other players still unable to use the app upsets me. How no official statement has been made is just ridiculous.
Runescape Player since 2001

29-Dec-2018 16:01:26

Vingu
Mar Member 2024

Vingu

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, I downloaded some kind of osrs apk online and it installed the newest update so it bypassed the play store update. The Oldschool Runescape app stayed as same so no new app was installed. I can't say that my method is safe but I am so tired of waiting for Jagex to fix this.

I had the same 7.1.1 problem. Worked in beta but stopped working after late November.

08-Jan-2019 19:08:35

deonuke

deonuke

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vingu said :
Hey, I downloaded some kind of osrs apk online and it installed the newest update so it bypassed the play store update. The Oldschool Runescape app stayed as same so no new app was installed. I can't say that my method is safe but I am so tired of waiting for Jagex to fix this.

I had the same 7.1.1 problem. Worked in beta but stopped working after late November.

Just let us know if you get cleaned someday soon :)

Edit: I hope you don't get cleaned :D

09-Jan-2019 07:42:22 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2019 07:43:29 by deonuke

Zilaz

Zilaz

Posts: 111 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having a very similar problem to what is said above. Samsung Galaxy A5, Android Version 6.0.1 and Model number SM-A500FU.

As above I was able to play the beta no problem, but since live release the game does not appear in the app store, and direct link from the runescape website shows it as being "not compatible with this device", although I believe it meets the minimum necessary requirements.

Uninstalling the beta and clearing app store cache had no effect.

Would love to hear a response from someone as this has clearly been an issue for a long time

02-Feb-2019 01:58:22

Quick find code: 429-430-889-66062566 Back to Top