Forums

Mobile Feedback General Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 429-430-239-66004732

Funkaym0nkay
May Member 2009

Funkaym0nkay

Posts: 4,795 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not sure if it's possible or not but currently when using an iPhone X, the game does not go full screen, there are large black bars on the left and right and it doesn't expand all the way to the bottom. Instead it shows the persistent "home" bar on the iPhone.

13-Apr-2018 14:32:02

ste1164
Mar Member 2024

ste1164

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another comment about the iPhone X you lose about a cm of screen at the top and bottom (partly due to the notch I’m guessing) but it makes the actual play area tiny. I haven’t seen it on any other model of iPhone but it’s quite unfortunate.

13-Apr-2018 14:38:12

nsliv

nsliv

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know whether this is possible because it seems to be the same interface as the main game, but it would be very nice to have access to the phone clipboard on the login screen. I use a credential manager which autotypes my login details on desktop. It can't do this on mobile but I can copy the credential temporarily to the clipboard and paste it into credential forms, which I use to log in to all other apps.

Right now, my only option is to log in to my credential manager on a nearby desktop, make my credential visible, and type 25 random characters by hand, or to switch between the credential manager app and OldSchool app remembering like 4 characters at a time. This will get ameliorated if remembering account info is implemented.

edit: didn't realize a word was censored, changed it to "credential" where applicable

13-Apr-2018 14:49:42 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2018 14:51:05 by nsliv

Xwoprl

Xwoprl

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The world changing screen on the main menu seems to be the same one from the desktop version and thus is almost impossible to use on smaller devices. The sorting options on the top of the screens click boxes are also too small to be tapped on as the arrows are tiny. While the worlds themselves can be tapped on most of the time a mistap will occur as they are also very small. Annoyingly this will take you out of the screen and back into the main menu where you will have to try again. Could more of the blank space in the menu be utilised to make the screen easier to use or a scroll bar be added so larger buttons can be displayed at once?

13-Apr-2018 15:22:46

Whomperd
Mar Member 2024

Whomperd

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the iOS BETA when it requests an authenticator verification you have to be quick minimising the app, opening the authenticator, going back into the OSRS mobile app and entering the code.

Is it possible to add a button on the login screen to open the authenticator and copy the code generated to the clipboard and populate the field when the mobile app is re-opened? (or something similar). If it's not possible to do a cross app integration like this would it be possible to pre-approve and authenticate your mobile device in your account settings?

13-Apr-2018 15:29:55

Whomperd
Mar Member 2024

Whomperd

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Occasionally when tapping to move (not on the minimap) you will activate the chat which will bring the keyboard up.

Would it be feasible to add a button which brings up the keyboard. In addition to this could there be a hold-down function on that button which would allow you to type directly into your clan chat by pro-pending a / to your message? Navigating the keyboard to add the / makes chatting harder.

13-Apr-2018 15:30:16

No Toriety

No Toriety

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For starters I love the interface, I was able to kill Zulrah first try and it didn't get in the way. I have over 1950 kills and in my first trip I managed to do my average of 3 kills no problem.

I've noticed a few audio issues like crackling / stuttering at times but when audio plays good it sounds great!

Clicking on G.E. bankers to open up the bank or the exchange itself is typically opened instantly if you click the head area but I've found it easier to just right click/open it as it's got such a small click radius, Maybe offer the ability to switch left click in general?

I'm about to do some GWD and I'll get back later with more thoughts soon!

13-Apr-2018 15:31:00

Quick find code: 429-430-239-66004732 Back to Top