Forums

Mobile Feedback General Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 429-430-239-66004732

FranticJag
Jul Member 2022

FranticJag

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the new beta worlds and testing out the new features two ideas I had that could help mobile players out would be.
1. Allowing to switch prayers and have access to inventory at the same time.

Maybe like the hot keys allowing to select prayers from the prayer book. To have prayer on hot keys while we can have our inventory open. This would help players like myself for bossing which is hard to switch between prayers and switch back to inventory. For now I have to just not prayer switch and tank hits.

2. New tile marker

Could it allow for multiple colors or if only one color allow us to label the tiles

V/R
FranticJag

21-Sep-2023 18:02:10

MobilePhoney
May Member 2021

MobilePhoney

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First of all i agree with the last post. The ability to have 2 menus (like prayer and invo) open at the same time would be game changing on mobile.
Second i noticed in the main settings in the beta, there is an option to CLEAR highlighted NPCs.
But there is no option to actually highlight NPCs. Is this a work in progress?
If not this would also be a very nice feature to have on mobile.

09-Oct-2023 11:29:02

Rob Mobile
Dec Member 2018

Rob Mobile

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi team. Since moving to the Jagex launcher, it has been really hard to play on mobile.

This is a mobile-only account with over 4k hours playtime. I am very experienced on mobile play.

When I log out of the game; the mobile app has a 'Play now' button and I can play without providing my password or sending verification codes to my email and submitting them.

However; since I moved the account to the Jagex Launcher; if I ever get disconnected; I don't just get 'logged out' from the game; but I am forced to re-sign in, provide my password; go to email, submit my verification code, before I can log in.

This is a lot of effort every time I log out.

BEFORE JAGEX LAUNCHER:
- If I was on a train journey with a lot of tunnels, and I got disconnected 10 times. It's fine. Each time I just click back on the 'Play now' button and continue with what I was doing.

AFTER JAGEX LAUNCHER
- If we hit 1 tunnel; I now have to re-sign in, navigate to my email app (which sometimes is slow); find the email, copy the code; bring it back and re-log in. I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I DROP CONNECTION.

Long story short; I can no longer play OSRS when my connection is unstable. I no longer play on the train.

It's really annoying because I loved playing osrs on-the-go; and it was the main benefit of the mobile app. Since moving to the jagex launcher I never play on-the-go and only at home; which kind of defeats the point.

Can you PLEASE take this issue seriously because for me the mobile experience has been massively damaged due to this small detail.

PLEASE make it so when I get disconnected; I can just click back on 'play now' again.

Thank you!

03-Nov-2023 22:25:13

Noumawolfe
Nov Member 2023

Noumawolfe

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Greetings! Loving all the advancements made on mobile, but I come bearing a two small but highly convenient feature requests (the latter may actually be a bug, but I am not sure).

1. I love the popout menu and would love to see some additions to its functionality. Specifically, it would be amazing if the Ground Items tab included a checkbox to enable/disable edit mode on the fly. Being able to quickly ignore or highlight an item during a slayer task, for example, would be amazing.

2. I often play with a bluetooth mouse (no keyboard) and I cannot get the onscreen keyboard to come up while the mouse is paired to my phone. This might be because Android also detects the mouse as a physical keyboard (no way to change this), but I made sure to turn on the setting to show the onscreen keyboard even when using a physical keyboard. In all other apps, when I click on a text field with the mouse, the onscreen keyboard appears. I am on a Galaxy S23 Ultra, for reference. I would much prefer to be able to quickly pick up my phone and type in a field without having to switch my mouse off and back on again (in some cases, I might even opt to type by clicking the onscreen keyboard).

Thanks for all the hard work!!

06-Dec-2023 14:52:08 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2023 14:58:29 by Noumawolfe

Quick find code: 429-430-239-66004732 Back to Top