Forums

For the Librarian Competition

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435

wraithy
Aug Member 2023

wraithy

Posts: 70 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there any chance for us to read the submissions that dif not make it in game? (With the authors permission) because I probably will want to read them (unless they didn't make it because they were overly crude or something like that)

03-Apr-2017 16:47:53

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
wraithy said :
Is there any chance for us to read the submissions that dif not make it in game? (With the authors permission) because I probably will want to read them (unless they didn't make it because they were overly crude or something like that)

We won't be publishing them ourselves, no.
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

03-Apr-2017 16:51:01

AerrySerlat

AerrySerlat

Posts: 761 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not that creative but I definitely feel like giving this a go.

Quick question,

Can I ascribe the writing to an NPC or random character if I wanted? Even make up some inconsequential nomad somewhere (Not called nomad for obvious reasons) to ascribe it to?

03-Apr-2017 16:58:59

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
AerrySerlat said :
I'm not that creative but I definitely feel like giving this a go.

Quick question,

Can I ascribe the writing to an NPC or random character if I wanted? Even make up some inconsequential nomad somewhere (Not called nomad for obvious reasons) to ascribe it to?

Yes. Subject to us changing it if we need to :)
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

03-Apr-2017 17:00:20

Lopendebank3
Jan Member 2021

Lopendebank3

Posts: 2,460 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gamez X said :
Quick question, are we limited to just 1 entry or can we do multiple different entries and try out a few stories?

You can make multiple stories :)
EXP is not important, it's important to have fun and play with your friends. :) - Lopendebank3

03-Apr-2017 17:48:43

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Questcaping said :
Oh wow! Definitely doing this!

Hoping the library doesn't get burnt down, Alexandria-style.

all books are made from a magically self-replicating form of papyrus.
when the book is destroyed (fire, water, torn, chinchompa explosion, etc), the curse within the papyrus triggers, creating an identical duplicate of the book. even going so far as to replicate any stains, aging of the pages, tears, marks, scuffs, and graffiti.
All books however have an undefined expiration date. At which point, it will crumble to dust. Most likely at the most inconvenient moment in the hands of an adventurer or a young researcher preparing for a test.

As mentioned, the effect only triggers on the physical destruction of the book itself.
Any sort of vandalism doesn't seem to trigger the effect.
The number of books in the library and their inability to find a means of permanently destroying the books has caused the librarians no end to their grief as they are forced to store and maintain all of the books.

03-Apr-2017 17:57:45

Quick find code: 42-43-319-65897435 Back to Top