Forums

Tombs of Amascut: Raid Rewards

Quick find code: 380-381-746-66225039

Kid Penguin

Kid Penguin

Posts: 15,620 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's some more potential gems that might be useful, particularly outside of combat and/or raids 3.

Fire Opal. With this jewel socketed, you are immune to desert heat and smoke dungeon smoke.

Petrified Spider Egg. With this jewel socketed, the 33% damage boost is also applied to spiders, scorpions, nylocas, cave bugs, flesh crawlers, and similar monsters. It also is applied to relevant bosses (Verzik Vitur stage 3 may be exempt from this, as she is only part nylocas).

Smoke Diamond Shard. With this jewel socketed, you have an increased chance of poisoning a target with any poison on the partisan. It'll be obvious when you do, with both visual and auditory cues.

Shadow Diamond Shard. With this jewel socketed, you have a chance of lowering a target's attack. It'll be obvious when you do, with both visual and auditory cues.

Blood Diamond Shard. With this jewel socketed, you have a chance of regaining HP when you deal damage to a creature. It'll be obvious when you do, with both visual and auditory cues.

Ice Diamond Shard. With this jewel socketed, you have a chance of freezing a creature in place for a few moments. It'll be obvious when you do, with both visual and auditory cues.

Dream of the Pharaoh. With this jewel socketed, you can teleport to any of the Pharaoh's Sceptre teleport pyramids, as well as the new Raids 3 pyramid. It may also offer teleports to other noteworthy locales, such as the Kalphite cave, eagle's eyrie and desert hunting grounds, temple of enakhra, ruins of Uzer, ruins of... Tempoross, the Mage Training Arena, or other locations.

Devoutstone/Tear of Heaven/Call to the Gods. This increases the prayer bonus of the partisan from 3 to 6, on par with croziers and the void knight mace, and 1 better than blessed sickles, the blisterwood flail, or dragon mace.
Top 1% bestselling Dungeons and Dragons game designer
Trouble Brewing Rework || Fashionscape Update || Upgraded Bane Weapons || Hunter Expansion

11-Aug-2021 05:02:55 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2021 05:17:25 by Kid Penguin

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where do I start? Let's just go down the list as I find raid rewards.

The "low life" effect on masori is neat and all, but I feel like you're trying too hard to make range interesting without buffing it, like you're allergic to buffing range further (as evidenced by no better range gear for body and legs since gwd). I've been saying this for so long, but the problem is the weapons you have are just too strong. Those vampyric bracers that never made it into the game may already be with us if blowpipe and tbow weren't so stupid powerful at the time. (too bad one of them still is...) Having such a distinct line between "in low life range" and "out of low life range" being such a huge factor on these item's performance makes them simple to understand and much more difficult to use. I think it would be better if it was like Dharoks and scaled as hp dropped lower (though without the extremes of Dharok's 1hp and without any benefit at 70/99hp, for example).
Edit: also, remove the amulet entirely. Zenyte should be top dog for jewelry in its own fields (suffering defense, tort offense, etc.)

Heka of Tumeken.. I'm unsure. It could be great or it could be awful. The staggered attack speeds sounds like a massive headache for some use cases, but on paper it sounds good as a concept. I'll give it a tentative "seems fine as it is."

Ward of Eldinis: Stop. Shoving. Corporeal. Beast. Down. Our. Throats. Boss is horrendous and needs a complete overhaul on its drop table and probably mechanics as well. Spec meta is so awful--just make its defense reasonable to begin with and make its normal drops not beyond garbage tier (yes, better than nightmare's as I still consider that garbage tier as well), THEN we can talk about forcing us to use arcane sigil for a new item.

Lightbearer: give it some minor stats and we're gucci. (also I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest adding +1 mage str on seer's ring [doubling to 2 if imbued] to make it competitive with brim ring)

12-Aug-2021 03:43:06 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2021 03:53:54 by Sei Asagiri

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Khopesh: is this 1h or 2h? if it's 1h way too op. 2h will wait and see how it operates before I can make an informed judgment on it.

Partisan gems: give us a chance to have them drop from the raid AND give them as forced drops after X kc. Consumable is lame as usual, but since I don't think the effects should be consumable or very difficult to get, I think they shouldn't be too powerful (unless they're the "in this raid only" effects).

Lastly, you didn't even mention this place as a place to give our feedback in your actual newspost, and this announcement thread's original post isn't even correct (it talks about deadman mode). Sometimes I really wonder if you even care... I'm not interested in using reddit or twitter whatsoever, and discord is not a place to leave meaningful feedback as big discords like that get flooded with comments and drowns out anything useful, unlike a forum setting like this where you can easily go through the various responses without a bunch of noise. Seriously, use your own platform and stop forcing us to go elsewhere to voice our opinions.

12-Aug-2021 03:47:41 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2021 03:56:50 by Sei Asagiri

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am pleasantly surprised with how balanced these ideas are. Most things aren't buffed for the sake of power and there are a few ideas which may be a nice shake up.

That being said I do have feedback.

Masori Equipment
I really like the masori range armour. It's not OP like twisted would have been, however the amulet is. I understand you want people to use it and try the risk mechanic but being the BIS isn't necessary for that. I think the synergy with the range armour will be enough.

Osmumten's Khopesh
I like the effect of the Kopesh however it's stats really jump out as OP. Unless it is incredibly rare I think it will eventually put the Rapier out of business, especially considering how consistent it would be.
I also think the Kopesh special attack should get rid of the minimum damage amount. Making the special attack more of a fun gamble.
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update.
I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

16-Aug-2021 20:16:11

Quick find code: 380-381-746-66225039 Back to Top