Forums

Clans Progress Update

Quick find code: 380-381-700-66205178

Jorbidan

Jorbidan

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since the clan system is (hopefully) due for the middle of 2021, when can we expect an update on group ironman? We understand that it is heavily dependent on the clan system, but how much time will it take once clans is done? Do you have a new roadmap for updates?

25-Feb-2021 19:12:29

4ev

4ev

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really looking forward to when this is finally released, so group ironman can come into existence. With the given timeline, I'm guessing we can't expect to see group ironman until 2022 or so?

That seems far out for some players given all the hype, but I'd much rather it be a quality update than be rushed and not live up to expectations.

Keep up the good work and I appreciate the update, even if it isn't what some people wanted to hear.
Castle Wars in Theme - A few minor changes to fix cheating
Cross Minigame Reward Shop - Polled December 26th 2013
Mobile Improvements and Ironman PvM Solution

25-Feb-2021 21:55:45

Kid Penguin

Kid Penguin

Posts: 15,620 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Other Interests
Here's some ideas I have for other clan interests I didn't see in the newspost's screenshots.

General Interest. This might be mutually exclusive with other interests. It could either mean "We intentionally have no focus," or "Well we might especially like to talk about specialized account builds and raids, but mostly we talk about nothing in particular." This may overlap with the intended function of the "Socializing" and "Diversity" tags.

Specific popular group minigames. This may include ones that already have a general purpose minigame group-finder CC and teleport, and ones that do not. You already have a tag for Castle Wars. This would include options like Barbarian Assault, Soul Wars, and Pest Control. It would not include games that are solo, unused, or not used as intended (e.g. rat pits, Burthorpe games room, or trouble brewing).

Other group minigames. This would be a catchall for those group unused or not used as intended minigames (e.g. rat pits, Burthorpe games room, or trouble brewing). I have a penchant for dead content and honestly would totally love to find like-minded players. Note that a lot of cheating happens in 'quiet' ends of OSRS, so clans dedicated to enjoying 'quiet' parts would bring more traffic there.

Dead content. This would include the proposed "other minigames" stuff in reality :) But also things like most non-rooftop agility courses, most mines, and other stuff that might be aesthetically or narratively fun, but not XP-maximizing.

Solo minigames. Things like Rogues' Den. Temple Trekking. The like.

Treasure Trails/Clue Scrolls. Technically a solo minigame, but it's different.

General Minigames. This would be so broad I would almost find it no longer useful.

Diaries.

Family Friendly. These groups don't allow swearing or sexual content. These groups are self-moderated.

Botting. Most would put this ironically, but I'm sure someone would be stupid enough to actually use this :P
Top 1% bestselling Dungeons and Dragons game designer
Trouble Brewing Rework || Fashionscape Update || Upgraded Bane Weapons || Hunter Expansion

25-Feb-2021 22:01:54 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2021 22:24:57 by Kid Penguin

Kid Penguin

Kid Penguin

Posts: 15,620 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Other Interests (cont.)
Influencer/Content Creator/Celebrity. For the official clans of prominent youtubers, streamers, and the like. May require a special application to prevent fraud and impostor groups. (e.g. "kempq cc" is official, but "kemp q cc" could be a malicious impostor).

Casual Players.

Current Events. This one could get ugly fast.

Interest Descriptions
To make sure this is friendly to new and new-ish players, make it very easy to learn what each special interest means. If I recently joined, I probably wouldn't know what "Pures" means. Maybe if I were to hover my cursor over a special interest option, it would describe the special interest briefly in a way that people who are totally new to the game would understand. Here's some potential examples.

Pures. This group likes to discuss and play on accounts with specialized account builds.
General Interest. This group discusses anything and everything.
Newbie-Friendly. This group likes to help new and returning players learn the ropes.
Role-playing. This group interacts with each other as if they were their characters, or is active in the Roleplaying section of the official RuneScape forums.
Castle Wars. This group likes to play the Castle Wars minigame together.
Other Minigames. This group likes to play less common minigames.
Current Events. This group likes to respectfully discuss current events.

I've noticed a lot of official news posts and such are written for an audience that is already actively engaged in the OSRS community (e.g. I've been playing for a few months now and have no idea what the "placeholder GFX" mentioned at the start of this latest post is). Consciously writing these descriptions for people who DON'T know what they're talking about makes OSRS much more new-person friendly.

This would also be useful for vague interests like Diversity. That could mean any number of things.
Top 1% bestselling Dungeons and Dragons game designer
Trouble Brewing Rework || Fashionscape Update || Upgraded Bane Weapons || Hunter Expansion

25-Feb-2021 22:02:49 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2021 17:29:54 by Kid Penguin

Kantara

Kantara

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is fantastic news. I’ve been waiting for this one and I’ll definitely be launching a clan in a few months time!

I love the idea of a Clan Hall. One thing I loved about the RS3 system is citadels - somewhere the clan can all meet and have all to themselves. This will be great for things like clan meetings.

I just wondered if there will be more support for clans on the forums, I.e recruitment sections, or will this all be done in game?

25-Feb-2021 22:23:52

Quick find code: 380-381-700-66205178 Back to Top