Forums

Equipment Rebalancing

Quick find code: 380-381-687-66199347

BurpSuitePro

BurpSuitePro

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haha... wow, quite a sleight of hand move on Jagex's part. This is beyond ridiculous.

First -- This was polled on Twitter, NOT on OSRS. Twitter/Reddit does NOT represent OSRS, and Twitter is a VERY small portion of the player base. >95% of players didn't even know about this poll. Stop. Posting. Surveys. On. Twitter.

Second -- When you launched the Twitter survey, you did not specify what items you would want to rebalance. Everyone assumed you wanted to rebalance "OP" items such as raid items. Who are you guys hiring? Who in their right mind would propose changes to items which have been in the game since RSC? Modifying black d'hide? Seriously???

Third -- "Power creep" is a real issue, but I think the larger issue is the large jump in cost between tiers of these items. A whip is 2m, ok, cool. You want something better that doesn't degrade? You'll need to blow >100m. Quite a leap.

21-Jan-2021 16:06:51

iiFebreze

iiFebreze

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
basically without a tbow there saying for fight caves or inferno your screwed...well not fight caves but its gonna a whole new gameplay change. like pppl gonna need to learn new stuff. and thats not ok. keep stuff the same for that reason. people are comfortable with the items. u dont switch stuff u when people been doing what they been doing for this long. not the answer.

21-Jan-2021 16:08:24

Natural 0ne
Oct Member 2020

Natural 0ne

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is just another excuse for Jagex to cater to PKers. I mean, sure you can lower the stats of Black D'hide but this is a bit extreme, especially considering that blessed d'hide will no longer be useful in a lot of places Yours truly,
Natural_Won

21-Jan-2021 16:08:40 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2021 16:08:58 by Natural 0ne

Combatspy
Nov Member 2019

Combatspy

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bro you guys really gonna NERF the twisted bow?

Instead of re-aligning the tiers correctly, like making the scythe 90att/90str?

Price of T bow is going to crash so hard.
Dins Bulwark? Seriously? 25% less defense bonuses?

Major D-Hide nerf?

Oh my days... inb4 this entire game is ruined.
Some people play this game to achieve BiS gear to PvM.

We're talking about one of the most expensive items in the game (and hardest to obtain).
It's an achievement for many players to even see one drop in CoX.

Blowpipe isn't getting nerfed, it's getting absolutely demolished.

How about at least polling these changes instead of just "deciding" that the Twisted Bow no longer needs a prayer bonus?
I've been around for years, and these changes are extremely disappointing.
I propose a middle ground change to deal with the re-balancing.

Absolutely not feeling this update at all.
Poll it. Let the players decide at least.
You guys are about to drop what is possibly the most dangerous update to the game's franchise since Evolution of Combat in RS3.

Sincerely,
Not happy player.

21-Jan-2021 16:09:51

epic sky
Mar Member 2024

epic sky

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are plenty of other weapons besides the Twisted Bow , yes the kills may take longer but people don't like to spend 40 minutes killing the corp , when some players can kill it in 8 minutes using 4B in gear. It's malicious and a balance would alleviate the burden so many are facing when it comes to gear.

21-Jan-2021 16:10:34

mazdarati
Oct Member 2023

mazdarati

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerfing black d'hide feels bad. It is my life line for going into the wildy. I really don't like pkers and sometimes I have to go to the wildy. I would like to remain protected without risking too much. Also as Ironman black d'hide is replacable, other armour would be harder to replace.

21-Jan-2021 16:11:08 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2021 16:37:08 by mazdarati

Quick find code: 380-381-687-66199347 Back to Top