Forums

Equipment Rebalancing

Quick find code: 380-381-687-66199347

No Excuses
May Member 2019

No Excuses

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imagine nerfing a T75 ranged weapon that degrades, requires ammunition, and is blocked behind high level PvM and not touching a T70, non degradable, better overall DPS weapon in the whip. Maybe focus on the abhorrent botting problem encompassing Zulrah and its rewards? This nerf would remove all ranged relevance to slayer and PvM. Meleescape prevails

21-Jan-2021 15:57:17

Dono
Aug Member 2020

Dono

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of the suggested nerfs are extremely good, only issue is it seems a bit early for osrs to be having t85 weaponry, maybe make scythe/bow t82 or something, also the dinhs nerf is pretty large.

Please no matter what happens nerf blowpipe, its basically tier99 compared to everything else
¸›*“°¬¸
¸„·Dono
'.,¸„¤
`°-.,¸¸,.-°

21-Jan-2021 15:58:39

epic sky
Mar Member 2024

epic sky

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I vote to support this idea! One of the biggest issues I see with the content out now is the ability for lower level or newer players to try and tackle content with gear that is not able to let them get kills or if they are able to get kills it takes a lot longer to obtain them,

And in all honestly it's mind boggling that many high levels players can kill everything with the Twist Bow or the Scythe of vitur , and meanwhile other players are forced between a whip or a dragon scimitar because of money.

I feel this is much needed and I cannot wait to see it added in-game.

-Sky Baby

21-Jan-2021 15:58:48

Mochasins
Apr Member 2019

Mochasins

Posts: 727 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I appreciate the thought behind it all and understand high level items can prevent development in the future however anything which is brought out is always going to have the same issue or need an upkeep cost (see Scythe / Sang). Removing 1 Strength off the Faceguard is also pointless as well just an unnecessary suggestion.

I really feel that nerfing the blowpipe is a bad idea and it should be polled & even the prayer bonus on the Twisted Bow albeit not lore or needed it has become a staple and allowed people to complete some of the higher tier pvm including the inferno which with nerfing items like the blowpipe will make personal bests and record times unachievable unless another BIS item is introduced in to the game (which will probably require the same treatment).

It will probably be brought up but the reason the community gives back is because they have a say and doing things like this undermine the trust relationship.

Black D'hide could do with a nerf but not as heavy as has been suggested.

21-Jan-2021 16:03:01

The contents of this message have been hidden

21-Jan-2021 16:03:10

Shelstorm
Mar Member 2020

Shelstorm

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Basilisk Jaw will be worthless with the proposed update. The strength bonus makes it slightly better than the serpentine helm. Serp helm will have better defense and equal strength bonus. Thus making new content(1-year-old), dead content.

Not to mention the rarity of the jaw makes it a harder item to get than the serp. If anything makes the basilisks knights tougher to kill and less afk. don't make them easier while raising their slayer level.

21-Jan-2021 16:03:12

Pottatz

Pottatz

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Not the Blowy P, I beggeth thee...."

For real though, it already doesnt hit. upping the range req on it would be a good idea but nerfing the stats of it (and the darts) to that point seems grotesquely inordinate.

Please dont fall into the EOC trap again Jiggle-Flecks...

21-Jan-2021 16:03:23

Quick find code: 380-381-687-66199347 Back to Top