Forums

August - The Month Ahead

Quick find code: 380-381-66-65442171

Dest

Dest

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why are you guys pushing for artisan so much you guys have to understand it was voted so highly in the first poll because there wasn't a NO NEW SKILL option. Just because of that little mistake in the first poll you guys have been wasting so much dev time thinking through artisan.
¸,•º´`º•,¸.....¸•°•,....
Maxed
....,•°•¸.....¸,•º´`º•,¸

`º•;¸¸,•º´
Playdead
|
Legacy 07
`º•,¸¸;•º´

01-Aug-2014 14:52:04

Gudbye

Gudbye

Posts: 1,020 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PinkiePi said :
Gudbye said :
So even tho the in game poll poll didn't pass, you are forcing it on us regardless? I don't care to see all your flashy arrows and pop ups on my game window telling me to remember to vote. It's one of the key reasons I left RS3, because you all felt the need to force useless updates on people in an annoying way.

Where in the BTS is there any talk about a trade update/G.E/Auction house?? You know, a poll that actually passed, and didn't need to be reworded 3 or 4 times to still not pass, like Artisan, and BH....

If you took a second to read, the "poll poll" was just getting feedback to put a design document together and poll a final version to us.

If you took a second to review to results:
Where would you prefer to vote in polls: in the game or on the website?
Game. 31% (3215 votes)
Website. 19% (1973 votes)
I'd use both. 50% (5108 votes)

After this survey closes, we'll use your answers to write a detailed blog of what we're offering, then invite you to vote on whether it should be added to the game. The success threshold in that poll will be 75% as usual.

01-Aug-2014 14:54:29 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2014 14:55:51 by Gudbye

SeasonalRS

SeasonalRS

Posts: 766 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As much as I like the Artisan skill, it failed to garner 75% support from the OSRS community. I don't understand why Jagex keeps repolling when the results shows most of the community doesn't support it.

Only updates I'm looking forward are corporeal beast and trading posts. Please, take your time on the updates no need to rush. I don't want to find out some person bug corporeal beast drops and get divine sigils every drop.

01-Aug-2014 14:56:49

Rawrylol

Rawrylol

Posts: 1,176 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gudbye said :
After this survey closes, we'll use your answers to write a detailed blog of what we're offering, then invite you to vote on whether it should be added to the game. The success threshold in that poll will be 75% as usual.

You've already underlined the part here that proves you wrong.

Gudbye said :
The success threshold in that poll will be 75% as usual.

In THAT poll, meaning the actual poll coming up, the success threshold will be 75%. Not the one ongoing right now.

01-Aug-2014 14:59:54

Os Thaddius

Os Thaddius

Posts: 908 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Final artisan blog, as in if that one fails then you'll move on and forget about it?

I already know I'll be voting no, no matter what they put into Artisan.

Sure, I'll read the blog, and give it its due consideration, however, I just can't see how it could be any better than the last four miserable failed versions, coupled with the failed poll it already had.

And when Bounty Hunter comes up again, I'll vote yes again, most likely, unless they add some stupid EP System, or other randomly generated loot system (which can be abused to the ultra-max).

As for the Corporial Beast, 800+ replies is a micro-fraction of the player-base, so when that comes up, I'll most likely be voting that down as well. It isn't needed and will most likely unbalance the game.

The in-game polls, however, seems like a great thing, and depending on how well it is presented, that could actually help prevent such stupid things as Artisan Blog 5 and Poll 2 from ever happenning again.

01-Aug-2014 15:02:34

Magic of Egg
Feb Member 2024

Magic of Egg

Posts: 295 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is ridiculous, the Artisan skill got voted down and shouldn't be re polled along with Bounty Hunter. Nothing has been re polled since Old School was released and the fact that they'e starting now with things like the Artisan skill and Bounty Hunter? It's outrageous, that's what it is, I still personally don't want either of these items voted into the game. Artisan just because the skill still sucks and is a huge waste of time. The only change to Bounty Hunter is the targeting system which I like, but as a whole I still will vote no in the hopes of getting it voted down. Just to add to the disappointment of this whole thing it appears to me that we'll only be voting on what the Corporeal Beast drops too? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'd like the opportunity to vote on whether or not that should be in the game also. Everything about this month is looking down so far. If the newest Artisan and Bounty Hunter poll had a question about whether or not the Corporeal Beast should be added to Old School my answer would sure as hell be NO to that question also. Please fix this BS, Thank you.

01-Aug-2014 15:17:44

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bounty hunter poll
If it happens or not I can't wait to not have to read more dev blogs and vote about it. It feels like you're pushing it a bit too much when it already failed.

In game polls
I can't wait for this, when the graphic rework happened I put together a video with all the graphics, old and new, but I felt that the vote really should have had images.
Also being able to revote would be good. I'm glad all the options we've already voted on are actually a decent idea, except for many a button near the minimap or the orb of suffrage.

Corporeal beast dev blog
I do like that we'll have this legendary creature, but I will miss having a quest to unlock it, and i'm slightly worried about OP items comming into the game, but it's high level content so it should have a good reward.
Make this the last boss for a long time though, bosses are great but we've had at least 5 unique bosses, and at least another 4 added to old school. If we really need it, we can have a next to impossible boss, just because it'll add challenge and we wont need more after.

Artisan
Once again I can't wait for this to fail, and you realise that it's not old school. Stop trying to repoll this when it fails at such a high percent.
Although that being said, like mod matt k said in the livesteam yesterday, you should poll a lot of the individual features because there are some good things there, they just dont belong in artisan, for example agility/construction shortcuts (even though that didn't win last time it was polled).

Clan cup
I didn't manage to participate in the cup, but it looked good and I hope the reward they get is nice but not going to change the way gielinor looks too much. Just make the statues have an examine or plaque that says the result

Streams
I do really enjoy the Q&A stream, the community stream is alright but I've not seen it as much because I find other streams more enjoyable. But please keep up the good work with those streams
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

01-Aug-2014 15:29:34

Quick find code: 380-381-66-65442171 Back to Top