Forums

OSRS RuneFest Reveals

Quick find code: 380-381-603-66123706

Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
This thread is for discussing the latest RF reveals announcement that you can find on the home page here .
Associate Producer for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

04-Oct-2019 09:53:08 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2019 11:37:06 by Mod Acorn

Aurumtail

Aurumtail

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So how will the new nightmare boss work for non-group ironmen? Since it's said to be similar to corporeal beast in terms of accessibility, I'm assuming that you have to do it alone, but in that case, will it be possible to solo as well like corporeal beast can be?
"Fly on, sparrowhawk: past the goshawk's grasp, to the sky's embrace."
~Apologus de Accipiter

05-Oct-2019 20:58:32

GankyDeska

GankyDeska

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"If you are removed from the group you will remain a Group Ironman but will have to recruit more members to your own newly-formed group."

This brings up a lot of questions.

A) What items does a kicked out player bring with them?

B) Once kicked out, this Group Ironman has to recruit members. Are they only allowed to recruit newbies? Can they join another group in existence?

C) What steps are going to be taken to preserve the integrity of the Group? If you can kick people out and recruit them then how do you stop groups from doing things like making an account, powerleveling it with the Group's resources, and then sending this newly leveled account off to another group?

05-Oct-2019 23:20:31

Iron Robsham

Iron Robsham

Posts: 1,192 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Somewhat concerned about the Essence Mine and Raw Daeyalt Deposits, obviously we haven't seen rates yet, but mining and runecrafting do not need to be made more afk/faster. Look at fletching and cooking, they're a joke because they're so easy, and nobody cares about getting them. Why would we want to push 2 of the last remaining hard skills in the same direction? It'll only damage the game in the long run when skills have been rendered meaningless. Anyone requesting updates to make ironman easier should be renamed wannabe-man and have their ironman icon replaced with a dunce hat.

05-Oct-2019 23:48:14 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2019 23:49:07 by Iron Robsham

Butt Pennies
Apr Member 2022

Butt Pennies

Posts: 529 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to admit, this feels a little bit skimpy to me. I totally get that the clan chat mechanics will take alot of work and that the iron man mode stuff is popular, but as someone who looks forward to worldbuilding, I feel kinda bummed by this. I can't imagine the new boss and new quest will take longer than a few months to put together, so hopefully there will be more stuff later in the year? Probably so. I was also really looking forward to a desert expansion which would fill in the last of our last ugly black voids on the world map. Is this something that can be planned for later in the year after Morytania?

06-Oct-2019 01:22:54

GankyDeska

GankyDeska

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Somewhat concerned about the Essence Mine and Raw Daeyalt Deposits, obviously we haven't seen rates yet, but mining and runecrafting do not need to be made more afk/faster. Look at fletching and cooking, they're a joke because they're so easy, and nobody cares about getting them. Why would we want to push 2 of the last remaining hard skills in the same direction? It'll only damage the game in the long run when skills have been rendered meaningless.

Yo dude. Pass whatever you're smoking. Runecrafting is some of the least afk, lowest xp rewards in the game. I think mining is in an okay place if you ignore the fact that you need 85 mining for a tier 4 ore.

06-Oct-2019 05:56:06

Iron Robsham

Iron Robsham

Posts: 1,192 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Somewhat concerned about the Essence Mine and Raw Daeyalt Deposits, obviously we haven't seen rates yet, but mining and runecrafting do not need to be made more afk/faster. Look at fletching and cooking, they're a joke because they're so easy, and nobody cares about getting them. Why would we want to push 2 of the last remaining hard skills in the same direction? It'll only damage the game in the long run when skills have been rendered meaningless.

Yo dude. Pass whatever you're smoking. Runecrafting is some of the least afk, lowest xp rewards in the game. I think mining is in an okay place if you ignore the fact that you need 85 mining for a tier 4 ore.
Good. Keep it that way. Having a range of difficulty in skilling is healthy for the game, not everything needs to be turned into a mindless afk xp spewing roller-coaster to 99, that's part of what killed RS3.
Anyone requesting updates to make ironman easier should be renamed wannabe-man and have their ironman icon replaced with a dunce hat.

06-Oct-2019 09:00:27 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2019 09:05:41 by Iron Robsham

Shishan

Shishan

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hope there will finally be a way for level-3 skillers to access Morytania.
A high skilling requirement such as 80 agility to skip the gate.
It would be awesome to gain access to new cosmetic gear (for ironmen/women), and the new Agility training method.

06-Oct-2019 10:26:50

Quillwort

Quillwort

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looking forward to new training methods, although at moderate experience-per-hour. I hope the balancing will be right and the new methods of training for agility, mining and runecrafting will be reasonable :)

Can't wait for the new quests! Probably there will be some inspired ideas from RS3's Branches of Darkmeyer and River of Blood. I'm expecting there will be some weapon crafting involved in preparition for the fight :)

Cheers

06-Oct-2019 10:47:23

Lord Keithus

Lord Keithus

Posts: 558 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After all these years I feel this is the least desirable year of runescape I will be looking forward too. Thought jagex would finally finish some of the content they started years ago. But no they want to introduce more ironman crap. Another quest of the worst story line in the game. Finish existing content before creating new stuff. Very underwhelmed, with more people working for osrs than ever before, yet less good content coming from jagex. After 14 years of playing this game might be time for me to move on to a new game. Nothing this next year is something I would even look forward too. They want to create new demi boss similar to Corp and have no idea what it will even drop. Who is coming up with these ideas. Sad sad sad.
Leader of Guardians of Gielinor

06-Oct-2019 12:55:42

Quick find code: 380-381-603-66123706 Back to Top