Forums

Last Man Standing Beta Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-588-66111406

Dono
Aug Member 2020

Dono

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LMS is cool and all, but forcing compers to all learn how to hybrid, is a little bit meh, would be great if reward points could be unlocked with 4-12 players in a game.
¸›*“°¬¸
¸„·Dono
'.,¸„¤
`°-.,¸¸,.-°

18-Jul-2019 11:10:14

Holoubek
Dec Member 2011

Holoubek

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Armour sounds very cool ale look awesome. Trouver Parchment are great idea, miss item like this for a long time. But I would rather have 5 halos in CW rewards rather than LMS, I think it fits in CW store more likely. Other things and cosmetics are nice. Also cannot wait for negative lamps.

Will we now get more minigames reworked? Also counters for Castle Wars, Trouble Brewing, Fishing Trawler, .... etc. Also count points in EACH role in Barbarian Assault would be very nice. I think its time for Minigames now!

18-Jul-2019 11:20:50

Sad Cheese

Sad Cheese

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LMS is a great idea. I've given it a few hours try and I dislike it greatly. I imagine this is great for people who know how to pvp. But as an introduction it is quite useless. After several games I had to give up, as I died to quickly to pick up much. So I guess i have no problems with LMS, but it would be nice to have a more appropriate introduction to PVP.

18-Jul-2019 12:25:16

4ev

4ev

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I said it on the last blog for this, and I will say it again...

One suggested reward for LMS that I
VERY STRONGLY
disagree with is Bolas, they will break our triangle to the point something akin to EoC is necessary again to "re-balance".

Bolas
- these literally have no place in OSRS and I am appalled that they were listed as a possible reward. They were one of the major items that broke the combat triangle in RS3 to a point that EoC was deemed necessary.

Range and magic having binds made it impossible to tank both at once. Please don't make the same mistake twice. It doesn't even matter if they deal 0 damage, range having a binding attack, literally breaks the triangle (maybe a special that binds could be balanced around, similar to ZGS, but a standard weapon is not balanced and never will be). Even at the cost of 100% spec, I wouldn't be sure if a 0 damage special attack would be overpowered when it calculates with range attack/def. ZGS is balanced because you need to be within melee range, and it is also basically a +1. Having two different combat styles capable of binding, with use of welfare, destroys the triangle.

Negative EXP lamps
- I think this is a good place for these. They didn't fit at rev caves, but adding them as a PvP reward makes perfect sense. I also like that it will be added to a minigame where stats are set during it, so all various builds have the opportunity to partake, and will compete on a level playing field.
Castle Wars in Theme - A few minor changes to fix cheating
Cross Minigame Reward Shop - Polled December 26th 2013
Mobile Improvements and Ironman PvM Solution

18-Jul-2019 12:45:28 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2019 12:45:58 by 4ev

Broke Dog
Apr Member 2023

Broke Dog

Posts: 967 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4ev said :

VERY STRONGLY
disagree with is Bolas, they will break our triangle to the point something akin to EoC is necessary again to "re-balance".

Bolas
- these literally have no place in OSRS and I am appalled that they were listed as a possible reward. They were one of the major items that broke the combat triangle in RS3 to a point that EoC was deemed necessary.

Range and magic having binds made it impossible to tank both at once. Please don't make the same mistake twice. It doesn't even matter if they deal 0 damage, range having a binding attack, literally breaks the triangle (maybe a special that binds could be balanced around, similar to ZGS, but a standard weapon is not balanced and never will be). Even at the cost of 100% spec, I wouldn't be sure if a 0 damage special attack would be overpowered when it calculates with range attack/def. ZGS is balanced because you need to be within melee range, and it is also basically a +1. Having two different combat styles capable of binding, with use of welfare, destroys the triangle.

Negative EXP lamps
- I think this is a good place for these. They didn't fit at rev caves, but adding them as a PvP reward makes perfect sense. I also like that it will be added to a minigame where stats are set during it, so all various builds have the opportunity to partake, and will compete on a level playing field.

Agreed. with the bolas part

18-Jul-2019 13:51:17

UltraWhale

UltraWhale

Posts: 1,819 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Broke Dog said :
4ev said :

VERY STRONGLY

Bolas

Negative EXP lamps

Agreed. with the bolas part

Agreed. The sheer fact that bolas are even proposed is insane.
Dont make easily botted activities such as skilling profitable

18-Jul-2019 14:23:45 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2019 14:24:07 by UltraWhale

Quick find code: 380-381-588-66111406 Back to Top