Forums

PvP and DMM Beta

Quick find code: 380-381-578-66104102

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
12dumletters said :
Why the imp box change? They're effectively useless now.

See the newspost, where the reason is given. We're aware this makes them far less useful, but we felt that wasn't the priority.

06-Jun-2019 11:35:17

12dumletters

12dumletters

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Imp boxes were previously used to quickly bank items before being killed on PvP worlds and in the Wilderness. To prevent this method of avoiding risk, Imp boxes no longer work in PvP areas."

Am I missing something? Was there another post about this?

06-Jun-2019 11:37:53

Torva boy

Torva boy

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you add you need to wear a bracelet of ethereum bef4 you can enter rev cave? This to prevent 0 riskers to loot in rev cave.
And can we have an update to get those bots gone on osrs? Im starting to get flashbacks from pre eoc where 80% of players were bots.

06-Jun-2019 11:39:33

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
12dumletters said :
Am I missing something? Was there another post about this?

As you quoted: "Imp boxes were previously used to quickly bank items before being killed on PvP worlds and in the Wilderness. To prevent this method of avoiding risk..."
That is the reason for the change, though it may not be one you agree with.

Torva boy said :
Could you add you need to wear a bracelet of ethereum bef4 you can enter rev cave?...
And can we have an update to get those bots gone on osrs?

Changing the requirement is possible, assuming one gets the bracelet somewhere appropriate in the first place, and if the Support team's ever able to magically make all the bots go away I'm sure they'd love to do so, though it'd be a bit harder than just suggesting it.

06-Jun-2019 11:44:29

12dumletters

12dumletters

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can appreciate that and I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind the change.
They already didn't work past level 30 wilderness or while in combat. And, while I can't speak for everyone, I tend to keep much larger quantities of chins before banking when I use imp boxes. While on the surface, it may appear to be less risky to use boxes, it can actually lead the user to make riskier decisions. The only time I've lost 400+ chins at once was while using imp boxes. This is purely anecdotal, but to me it seemed relatively well balanced with all things considered.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude. I would just like to better understand the thought process and the explanation provided is a bit... sparse.

06-Jun-2019 12:00:45

Quick find code: 380-381-578-66104102 Back to Top