Forums

The State of PvP Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411

Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
This thread is for discussing the latest announcement post that you can find here .
Associate Producer for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

13-May-2019 07:40:14 - Last edited on 13-May-2019 07:42:26 by Mod Acorn

Kamran
Nov Member 2021

Kamran

Posts: 209 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't really think any of those W45 changes will help revive it, honestly the only thing that I could see that would is a reset

F2p teleblock ty

For clan wars, is it possible for an option where if you're currently being attacked and leave it counts as a kill instead of if you leave to restore prayer/run energy, mainly for f2p cwa (which is dead now I know)

Unskulling fixed ty

The LMS change is very nice ngl

Put the chest for the key deep wild

The BH leaderboard wont work unless you somehow manage to suddenly ban all emblem farmers quickly so this is pretty much pointless

The tb removal when the tber dies is good for some aspects but in multi it is a very bad thing, so if possible don't let it happen in multi

The max cape stuff is pointless like no one asked for that lets be real

It's already hard enough to kill people in 2019 as it is, lets not buff it to 60% from 40, think about the impacts on single and multi too, you already did a lot of damage to single so far lets not keep going down that road

Clans/teams were big attractions for getting into pking, watching video's etc used to get people involved and interested, this activity has pretty much gone leading to no one new coming in, think about this before catering purely to 'solo players'

Know what is asked a lot?

BUFF ENTANGLE

NERF BULWARK

ADD KORASI

REMOVE THE SPEC TELE TIMER

REVERT THE SPEC TRADING CHANGE

REPAIRABLE IMBUED CAPES, IT'S NOT HARD OR DANGEROUS TO GET BACK JUST ANNOYING

ELO SYSTEM

The wilderness right now is way too safe, it needs to be made a more dangerous place again

You're heading in the right direction, but the overheads suggestion is going to do a lot more damage than good

I don't have hope on any of the things listed being added because they've been suggested to you for months/years and its lead to nothing but it's worth one last shot

13-May-2019 11:11:47 - Last edited on 13-May-2019 13:25:38 by Kamran

Nubby Nubnub
Feb
fmod Member

Nubby Nubnub

Forum Moderator Posts: 7,708 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Make teleblock spell F2P
To encourage more people to try out PKing in F2P we want to allow them to access the teleblock spell as it is a key component in PKing as such, the spell will become F2P."

This was polled multiple times and always failed by quite a large margin. It is clear that the community doesn't want this to happen. Why is this listed as an 'integrity change'?

I don't see how this will attract more people into the Wilderness. If anything, it'll drive even more people away from it.

13-May-2019 11:18:23 - Last edited on 13-May-2019 11:44:35 by Nubby Nubnub

Brutal Nerd

Brutal Nerd

Posts: 246 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
F2P tele block failed polls. The original promise when the whole OSRS was being polled was that you'd NEVER change this game without a poll. I'm 100% against this because it's against the original idea of Old School Runescape as a whole.

13-May-2019 12:44:25

Mazeon

Mazeon

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The F2P Teleblock spell has been polled 4 times and has failed 4 times in previous years.

I personally have mixed feelings about OSRS Developers passing an update that has failed polls multiple times just to see it being forced through as an "integrity update".

Instead of forcing it, I would suggest re-polling it one more time.
5th times a charm, right? ;)

Please reference the poll results below:
#1 - October 9, 2014: Question 4
#2 - February 12, 2015: Question 7
#3 - February 11, 2016: Question 7
#4 - July 2, 2018: Question 7 & 8

*** I am a F2P HC Iron, but F2P teleblock doesn't really affect me. lol :P
F2P Hardcore Iron Woman

13-May-2019 12:49:31 - Last edited on 13-May-2019 13:42:30 by Mazeon

S Klasse AMG

S Klasse AMG

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
To encourage more people to try out PKing in F2P we want to allow them to access the teleblock spell as it is a key component in PKing as such, the spell will become F2P."

This was polled multiple times and always failed by quite a large margin. It is clear that the community doesn't want this to happen. Why is this listed as an 'integrity change'?

I don't see how this will attract more people into the Wilderness. If anything, it'll drive even more people away from it.

Jmods have more persuasive power to include changes from their perspective. Followed by streamers, and then 3rd party platforms.

I doubt you get a proper response here by Acorn.

Here's my opinion, F2P teleblocks will highly bring where f2p pk world is suppose to be prospering better. As someone who frequents f2p pk world often, it's easy to encounter many players who are just there to prod overhead prayers with armour -> k0 potential for camper is impossibly low -> and if they have to teleport to run elsewhere to recharge their prayer, they shoudl carry the risk of needing to survive while teleblocked.
If you need help, approach a specialized therapist in your area.

Follow @Artidote on Instagram to enhance awareness on mental health.
@the.holistic.psychologist, @lisaoliveratherapy, @silvy**oucasian

13-May-2019 12:53:59

S Klasse AMG

S Klasse AMG

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Put reworking thammaron sceptre mechanics as an important consideration in order to be aligned with what value it can offer to wilderness pvm.
If you need help, approach a specialized therapist in your area.

Follow @Artidote on Instagram to enhance awareness on mental health.
@the.holistic.psychologist, @lisaoliveratherapy, @silvy**oucasian

13-May-2019 13:31:11

Zontani
Jan Member 2018

Zontani

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that health bar is going to be harder to see for a lot of people.

I have a friend with deuteranopia (red-green colorblindness) and they found the original to be easier to see than the proposed change.

I imagine this change might help those who can't see any color at all?
For my friend, it makes the problem of differentiating the green and red worse , and for me, it makes the very nice and bright green health bar dark and muddy.

This is a change that really needs a lot of feedback from people with varying types of colorblindness... either that, or it needs to be made a toggle so people can choose which works best for them.

(also, changing the red part of the health bar to be darker instead is worth considering)

13-May-2019 14:11:36

Buy WinRAR
Nov Member 2018

Buy WinRAR

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please reconsider the F2P teleblock. It is something that has failed a poll before more than once . It is not an issue of integrity and has no business being pushed through as such. This is also the general consensus on other community areas such as the Discord and Reddit.

13-May-2019 14:51:30

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

Have you tried pking in f2p PVP worlds? Lol. This should never have been polled in the first place. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that this isn't an integrity update.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

13-May-2019 15:23:11

Quick find code: 380-381-573-66100411 Back to Top