Forums

Vorkath & Metal Dragons Tweaks Thread is locked

Quick find code: 380-381-450-65977970

Zeelmaekers

Zeelmaekers

Posts: 3,582 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think those changes are needed. Only the salve amulet during the quest is not needed that part is just mechanical skill not really hit based, the kill speed doesn't need to be higher.
Al tough the HP is now higher, I'm not really a fan of it.
But the patch looks good.
- Left the Runescape community. :(
Community Helper on EA Answer HQ

05-Jan-2018 12:36:12

Dargronn

Dargronn

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A lot of people seem upset that the blowpipe is meta (again) and they would like to see a buff to the dragon hunter crossbow as BiS. However this would make killing all dragons faster, unless it would only apply to Vorkath. This doesn't seem very logical.

A suggestion would be to just make Vorkath, rune and adamant dragons 'immune to darts'. I think it would give the dragon hunter crossbow some love. Just a thought.

Personally I don't really care but it does seem rather bland that a weapon costing only 3m is better than a 30m niche-weapon. For future updates this is something that should be considered more I guess.

Overall good hotfixes though, great job on the quest aswell. :)

05-Jan-2018 12:46:41

Zeelmaekers

Zeelmaekers

Posts: 3,582 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
A lot of people seem upset that the blowpipe is meta (again) and they would like to see a buff to the dragon hunter crossbow as BiS. However this would make killing all dragons faster, unless it would only apply to Vorkath. This doesn't seem very logical.

A suggestion would be to just make Vorkath, rune and adamant dragons 'immune to darts'. I think it would give the dragon hunter crossbow some love. Just a thought.

Personally I don't really care but it does seem rather bland that a weapon costing only 3m is better than a 30m niche-weapon. For future updates this is something that should be considered more I guess.

Well i share this opinion, blowpipe is a bit too strong and makes a antidragonshield useless and even more with the new potions, a 50% damage reduction would be maybe good i don't really know
- Left the Runescape community. :(
Community Helper on EA Answer HQ

05-Jan-2018 12:53:37

Strawpoll it

Strawpoll it

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright, opinions.

First of all, great changes that were indeed very much needed.

My issues with this whole thing though;

1) The Blowpipe meta: It's way too dominant, it crushes a 28m niche weapon into oblivion.

The Dragon Hunter Crossbow should be (Atleast atm) BIS against dragons (Except for maybe a few exceptions due to the Twisted Bow).

Increase the damage+accuracy against dragons to the amount needed to beat the DPS of Blowpipe and come close to the DPS of the Twisted Bow.

2) The drops, not certain about kill times atm but I honestly doubt it will be better than Zulrah, make it more compareable than Zulrah but worse than raids.

3) The 100k item retrieval, great money sink that rewards good players for sure, but 1 small problem, why pay 100k to get your items back from a very strong boss, when a different boss is free retrieval and can't do that much DPS?

I'm ofc, talking about Zulrah...
Compared to Vorkath, Zulrah is more gp/h and far less punishing.

The retrieval cost should be based around the expected amount of deaths aswell as profit p/h.

The amount of deaths the ''pro'' players had were about 1/5 times, that's absolutely massive considering the 100k retrieval cost. (esp. with a usual drop worth 60k)

Sadly, at this current state and time once you have the head for Ava's, there's no actual reason to do this boss. (Except cosmetics)

Please buff his drop table, I know you're all waiting on data, but even a blind person can see that it is utter shite atm.

05-Jan-2018 13:17:56

Suffer

Suffer

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Well i share this opinion, blowpipe is a bit too strong and makes a antidragonshield useless and even more with the new potions, a 50% damage reduction would be maybe good i don't really know

Antidragon shields became useless the minute they brought super antifires into the game. Blowpipe on vorkath without needing a shield is irrelevant baseless comment now that you can use ant weapon without an antifire shield.

05-Jan-2018 13:47:08 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2018 13:49:39 by Suffer

Quick find code: 380-381-450-65977970 Back to Top