Forums

F2P Trial Expansion & More

Quick find code: 380-381-2-65435441

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Original message details are unavailable.
The Boss log thing says "lots!". At what amount of kills does this happen?

65535. Um... what the heck did you kill?

24-Jul-2014 10:48:09

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

I don't have it on mine but I saw it on the OP.

Phew. I was afraid you'd managed to kill 65535 K'rils or something since the update.

24-Jul-2014 10:52:56

Hi_Im_Mobbin

Hi_Im_Mobbin

Posts: 4,466 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Atleast give spirit shields a chance to return into the game and not assume they have absolutely no chance in returning.

This isn't just a random assumption based on Jagex having a secret desire to replace the shields with something else. From our point of view it's a piece of cake to do the shields unchanged, and it's far harder to seek a consensus on anything else. However, based on the tirade of "NO OP SHIELDS" comments that come up on our streams, and the messages I keep getting from people who don't want Corp because they don't want the shields... well, one gets the impression that there's something dodgy about those shields.

Now, if we launch a discussion and see plenty of support for the shields as they originally were, that's fine, and we'll happily poll that.

Well I don't mind nerfing the damage soaking but corp won't be much without sigil drops. Especially ely/div the super rare drop. It'll just turn into dead content like wildy bosses. So i hope the OSRS team discuss how to nerf the shields to make everyone happy. Many of us just want to equip the spirit shields for their look. Kinda like 3rd age for a symbol of power.

So I'd imagine taking away the damage soak would make everyone happy. Just make divine have the highest def stats in game without str bonus so DFS is still wanted. Or maybe high def stats for att/range/mage +10 all attack stats + prayer bonus. I think most of the problem is the damage soaking. Ely could have high def stats with +20 prayer bonus.

24-Jul-2014 11:00:14 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2014 11:01:14 by Hi_Im_Mobbin

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Well I don't mind nerfing the damage soaking but corp won't be much without sigil drops. Especially ely/div the super rare drop. It'll just turn into dead content like wildy bosses. So i hope the OSRS team discuss how to nerf the shields to make everyone happy. Many of us just want to equip the spirit shields for their look. Kinda like 3rd age for a symbol of power.

So I'd imagine taking away the damage soak would make everyone happy. Just make divine have the highest def stats in game without str bonus so DFS is still wanted. Or maybe high def stats for att/range/mage +10 so attack bonuses + prayer bonus. I think most of the problem is the damage soaking. Ely could have high def stats with +20 prayer bonus.

Yeah, this is the kind of discussion I meant.
It may be a while yet before we start narrowing down the specifics, but we're definitely aiming for there to be something like that. And we're all very fond of the shields' original models, so if we can agree on a version of the shields that can pass a poll, we'd very likely go for it.

24-Jul-2014 11:06:17

Badwal12

Badwal12

Posts: 154 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good update.
If we are talking about corp, he could drop sigils or whatever, I think jagex staff will think about something, but corp should also drop Boots of unlimited run energy or something like that and it would make it really a good target for PvM'ers.
Also I am still hoping for bh worlds.

24-Jul-2014 11:08:39

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

If the drops from corp are bad it will be come dead content, you need to atleast make it so the std drop from corp is like 300k+

Relax. Nothing's set in stone, nothing's guaranteed to be a lame drop. We haven't even polled Corp yet. This is just a discussion about concerns that players have raised, and possible ways we could go about dealing with them...

... and it's in a thread about a game update that's got nothing to do with the Corp.

24-Jul-2014 11:12:01

Archie

Archie

Posts: 6,606 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to derail (even further) but since PvP has been a hot topic lately, are there any plans to revive multi pvp (ala Varrock level 1-5 wildy)? My fondest PKing memories are of Varrock multi and it breaks my heart to see it dead.

24-Jul-2014 11:16:48

Quick find code: 380-381-2-65435441 Back to Top