Forums

Dev Blog: Priority Poll #4

Quick find code: 380-381-191-65641607

Rasta Smudge

Rasta Smudge

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A few updates I'd like to see within the game would be some new quests, high/mid level skilling content and maybe some mid level bosses.
For the quests I'd like to see some new form of item that would be useful to have for certain monsters or accounts. For example the bearhead is useful for 1 def pures and the mind shield for skeletal wyverns. Perhaps a new monster that requires the item to be killed, like the stake for the vampyre quest.
Some new skilling content such as new logs which can be crafted into level 60 or 70 bows which offer the skiller with a nice profit as well as rangers with a new bow. Or perhaps a higher level fish which needs a high fishing level and cooking level to make a new high level food.
As for mid level bosses perhaps release a couple more which are aimed at soloing or teams. I just want to see a giant panda in game if I'm honest, that'd make me happy.
I'd also like to see an official clan chat that is specifically aimed at new players where more experienced players can give them advice to help the new players become better antiquated with the game as it can be quite intimidating starting a new game. As motivation for existing players to help out perhaps there could be a reward such as assist points that are awarded for helping players and can be spent on cosmetic items or something. Just an idea.

22-Jun-2015 22:40:11

Billtaker

Billtaker

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PVM:

I'd like to see some boss fillers untill Zeah. I expect Zeah to have challenging and hard PVM content when starting off in the highest gear we can obtain right now. Maybe add an extra boss that drops some high end mage gear? We kinda seem to lack that. I'd really like to see Nex brought to GWD. From what I understand it's a really hard boss without soulsplit and overloads but it shouldnt be too hard to tune down?

SKILLS:
- I'm also in for a prayer update - other than the extra points and combat levels it doesn't give us any benefits.

- Construction seems to lack a bit of creativity, would like to style my house a bit more but I don't have too much thoughts on that atm. People get a bit boring of building and removing Oak larders.. Maybe make it crossover with smithing, those 2 seem to fit logically together.

- At this moment runecrafting and agility are the 2 slowest skills in the game. Where agility peaks at 58k exp/h at level 80, constructions peaks at 340k. Thats a big difference. I like the whole agility mini game idea but the exp rate is too low to enjoy it. Runecrafting is in a good place tho, making it faster would only bring more runes in the game and I personally don't see the economical benefit of that.

- Firemaking.. What to say? It doesn't have any purpose. Make it useful in some way.

- Slayer updates are looking really fine. Only thing I wanna mention here is that worlds are getting too full. I have people crashing me all the time, this is becoming a problem.

OTHER
I tweeted mod Ash some time ago about a slayer helm cosmetic update. My idea was to give the monster heads a new purpose in making you a mask which you can put on your helm. Don't let it give any bonuses but won't it be awesome to walk around with a abyssal demon head on your head? He kindly replied that RS3 had a similar thing but I can't find anything similar to this.

- Jillzz

22-Jun-2015 22:49:11

Crescentz
Apr Member 2023

Crescentz

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CMYK Rebirth said :
I'd love to see some low level content! Could the runecrafting guild be brought back in some way? I was also wondering if we could reintroduce their rewards such as talisman staves, robes and alter teleports? Maybe even introduce battle talisman staves? I'm going to go into this in a seperate thread.
I agree with the idea of bringing the rune-crafting guild back, it was pretty fun back in the day for me.

22-Jun-2015 22:56:49

Lord psyho

Lord psyho

Posts: 115 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i cant stress this enof......COIN SHARE.....
today me and 5 of my clan mates got crashed by 1 guy. who took BCP right from under our nooses.
every 1 got pist, and now NO 1 of them wants to to gwd any more, that we used to love doig in the past. it cant be right, that 1 person should be able, to **** what should be a nice evening, pvming whit my m8s. ppl are talking about quiting........agina

22-Jun-2015 23:16:20

Feneskrae
Jan Member 2011

Feneskrae

Posts: 1,581 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Deep breath*.....Quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests quests!

Speaking of which, I have an idea for how Grandmaster Quests could be brought to Old School (in a changed/rewritten form) to result in a different story direction than RS3. This includes While Guthix Sleeps, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, and more.

It can be found here.
Old School Runescape will eventually need higher level armor. Check out my suggestion for Level 80 and 90 Armors and let me know what you think! Feedback welcome!

23-Jun-2015 01:09:09

Quick find code: 380-381-191-65641607 Back to Top