Forums

Dev Blog: Priority Poll #4

Quick find code: 380-381-191-65641607

owe
Jan Member 2022

owe

Posts: 626 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the old school clan system sounds very interesting and is something which I would probably (depending on the quality of it) value arguably above all. However, I worry for it in this poll because clanning is a unique feature of runescape that's not truly tried by many Runescape players, thus it's at a bit of a disadvantage in the poll to the likes of pvm/skilling (features of runescape accessible in their entirety to almost everyone). Yet such a clan system would presumably facilitate growth in clanning and allow more people to fully enjoy it, hence I'd argue implementing it is more of a imminent question to 07RS team based not on popularity, but on the effect on the game.

25-Jun-2015 15:48:48

Viserion
Dec Member 2021

Viserion

Posts: 2,226 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quests, for sure. Just because it's Old School doesn't mean we can't make new storylines. There's a whole world and hundreds of NPCs you can make quests out of. It's an easy way to tie in new items and content into the game as well, giving players incentive to actually do quests. Something I liked about RS3 was that they started making quests that made you feel part of something. I would like to see quests like that in OSRS. "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

25-Jun-2015 16:31:15

Cour

Cour

Posts: 1,074 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a new quest would be an acceptable idea as long as it doesn't have some ridiculous skill requirement like 86 runecrafting. I would prefer a new quest be difficult and long opposed to having high non-combat skill requirements. Currently the highest required non-combat skill level for Quest point cape is 71. I don't think it makes sense to make the next quest potentially require current QPC owners obtain triple the experience in a skill to keep their cape. Also, the rewards should make the quest worth completing. (5k Agility exp and a feeling of accomplishment is not an acceptable reward)

25-Jun-2015 20:46:59

Captain Tab

Captain Tab

Posts: 7,467 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been working on Mid-High Level Quest residing on the continent of Zeah for the past few weeks and I think it's close to what people are looking for.

I'm very glad that Quests are receiving a very noticeable majority in these polls (last time I checked). Maybe someone will take notice of my ideas in the less busy Suggestions Forums :P

25-Jun-2015 23:54:27

Super Mario
Apr Member 2021

Super Mario

Posts: 3,807 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although high level PvM will always get a lot of love from the community, I think Mid-High level quests deserve some priority since we've gotten quite a bit of high level PvM content since the old school servers opened up.

I don't think there needs to be extremely high level quest requirements, but I think there needs to be at least one grandmaster quest.

26-Jun-2015 00:08:44

Cour

Cour

Posts: 1,074 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The goal of f2p is to get people hooked on the game so they will start paying for membership. I don't think f2p is a priority for Jagex. I could be mistaken though :P .

26-Jun-2015 18:44:57 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2015 18:45:20 by Cour

Quick find code: 380-381-191-65641607 Back to Top