Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Burnceller
Jun Member 2008

Burnceller

Posts: 104 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i do not want ge on oldschool. what makes oldschool oldschool is the fact that it doesnt have a grand exchange the trading post is more than enough i dont want there to be a ge so merchers can gouge everyone out with their obscene prices ge makes it so easy for every mercher to buy every item then sell for outrageous prices and no one can do anything all the merchers all the bots love grand exchange i know merching friends on rs3 that have 50 merching accounts each person so they merch every item that exists on rs3 so freaking easily everytime i sell something on grand exchange i lose money so if you really want to help out both bots and merchers and lose loads of money vote for ge it is impossible for merchers to buy out every single item of an item type because they would have to meet up and trade thousands of players in person which they simple do not have the time for we do not need grand exchange we do not want grand exchange grand exchange is not oldschool if you want grand exchange go to rs3 eoc

11-Jan-2015 22:54:49

OSRS Ronan

OSRS Ronan

Iciniwarrior said :
NO NO NO! This would be the begining of the slippery slope down to RS3 and the loss of the community spirit.

"It would not replace the original, manual trade system, it would exist alongside it."

True, but how many people will bother when the GE is so much easier? next thing you know there is no interaction between players and we end up at RS3, Just ask yourselves why we play OSRS not RS3.

VOTE NO !!

"NO NO NO! This would be the beginning of the slippery slope down to RS3"
-Then lets stop after this one, k?

"Just ask yourselves why we play OSRS not RS3."
-The Combat system...? Hence why it became "RS3"? GE came out in 2008.. that's over 5 years ago, and only MONTHS after the original "OSRS" snapshot..

11-Jan-2015 22:58:13 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 23:18:59 by OSRS Ronan

its Zodiac

its Zodiac

Posts: 1,142 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well unfortunately I don't think it was a wise idea to just poll "the GE". Should be a close poll, however if offline trading does get added to OSRS, there will be a huge deflation in prices all across the market except for items which are being manipulated. If coin-share is added into OSRS, the life expectancy of the game is going to shrink dramatically. This would lead to spiraling inflation which would completely ruin all moneymaking methods that don't involve coin-share.

For me personally i'd like to see:

1. Automatic trading added into the game.
2. Offline trading not be added into the game. (would ruin economy by those with lots of money being able to exploit limits, or use multiple accounts)
3. If there is going to be a centralized trading area, that it be in the Falador garden for all the Vets like me.
4. That coin-share not be added UNLESS it gave you a split of the highest buy offer from the G.E., therefore recycling cash instead of producing it and having an effect on the price of that item.
5. That there be a system like we have in the trading post where players can view other buy and sell offers to get a feel for the market. (If GE is added, names should be removed from this.)

Just my 2 cents, and all i wish is that OSRS stay healthy, if you have an argument against mine, let me know below. If you wanna add to is also feel free.

11-Jan-2015 22:58:55 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2015 23:43:29 by its Zodiac

OSRS Ronan

OSRS Ronan

Llachy said :
Am I the only one who enjoyed RS2? Most of the updates were cool with me up until the graphical reworks. I guess I will support the GE and the dragon defender. The one thing I'm not liking is the way new items are looking out of place with their designs, like the upgrades with the ward shields and such.
Don't jump from 'osrs' directly to 'rs3'. We have ways to go and if the game can grow with new updates, then let the updates come. As long as the updates are first polled and passed by the general majority (:.

^Agree with most of this. Personally, I would LOVE playing 2009 scape. The graphical update was a "meh" update to me. It made things look nicer, and I agree: they shouldn't change the looks of things. However, I WOULD like re-sizeable, considering I play on 3x4k displays, and the client covers about a 4 inch by 5 inch area on my 32 inch monitors..

11-Jan-2015 23:04:14

OSRS Ronan

OSRS Ronan

Just saying: this backup dubbed "OSRS" was not "purposely picked that way for a reason. SMH". If you recall, this was the most recent (perhaps only) complete backup of the game. They were unsure if such an old backup even existed in working order originally, but later found it.
Also, there were MANY MORE updates that ruined pre-EOC, not the GE. The GE was a source of flipping income for a large mass of players at the time, myself included. HOWEVER, at this point in osrs, there are MANY bots who are doing this same thing. Don't believe me? Check offers (there's a commonly used site which offers insight into what I'm talking about, I'm sure you know of it.. zyb**) These bots have hundreds of thousands of items, and sit in a bank while posting 27+ different trade offers along with the world they sit. Upon arrival, the bot asks "item and amount?" as soon as you trade.. these people are abusing the system, and as far as "you must be logged in for your offer to be shown" goes? well, these are bots as stated previously.. they cheat, and have a huge advantage over myself and the vast majority of other legit players. The way I see it: if these players aren't being banned, and they get to keep their items, I should have a chance to sell my 500+ monster drop items while I'm offline too.

11-Jan-2015 23:17:53

Midgarsormir

Midgarsormir

Posts: 3,944 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crunked said :
I hope everyone is aware that with the Grand Exchange all prices are going to up. So if you want that then vote yes, or like me, vote no!

No matter the price changes, the economy will balance itself out. If your claim that items would cost more was actually valid, you'd get more money for your resources as well. The GE itself does not affect prices any more than physical trading and merchanting without it.

11-Jan-2015 23:38:03

ManOf Faith

ManOf Faith

Posts: 1,026 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's what I gather.

We want a better trading solution, We don't want a single centralized GE,

Why can't each trading post work as a ge if its introduced? Seems simple enough.

My opinion is altar the trading post so we can receive item/gold through the system? Can't do it? I am sure there's another way to code it look into that. We need an auction style trade system just look at ebya vs craig*list.

As for MMO's go, WoW has the best auction house/Grand exchange ever made. It works perfectly. Anyways I hope we don't get the same thing we have in rs3.... This was suppose to been right before that and purposely picked that way for a reason. SMH

11-Jan-2015 23:43:40

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top