Forums

Dev Blog: Content Poll #27

Quick find code: 380-381-115-65504595

TOENSIL50000

TOENSIL50000

Posts: 3,550 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After just a short week, corp already has TONS of free worlds. In another week, there will be hardly any worlds taken.
There is not that great of an incentive to be wasting SO MUCH ON SUPPLIES.

We need either..

A) Add in more regular/common drops that pays for a decent amount of supplies used.
B) Add another drop that would have the price of 'divine'.. without divine there is not that much incentive to be doing corp (sorry, but it's the truth)

On a side note
: We don't really need anymore graphical re-works, or pointless updates that splits the PvM community, please focus on ORIGINAL ideas.

There is a website for the runescape community called oldschoolrscommunity.blogspot.come which will give you PLENTY of original ideas, EXPLAINED IN DETAIL WITH PICTURES OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

some include:

1) new mage book called (the forgotten spellbook) <-- new quest maybe as well?
2) New prayers (not like curses we need original ideas, please go to the site for explanation)
3) Necromancy (ability to summon creatures, but they are nothing like summoning)

25-Oct-2014 19:09:53 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2014 19:37:22 by TOENSIL50000

Lenny

Lenny

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How long would the corporal beast instance last?

Is it on a timer?
Is it as long as the clan chat is in there?
Is it as long as at least one person from the clan is in with the boss?
Is it as long as the clan leader is in with the boss?
If the whole clan banks at the same time do they need to pay again?

Even pre-EOC Bandos was better money than corp, and that was WITH corp having a divine drop. Without the Divine even in the drop table, corp is more like playing the lottery than an actual money making method. If anything they should buff the common drops rather than adding another cost... there are plenty of free worlds anyways

They really need to me more clear on these type of things if they want it to pass. I'm not even sure Jagex knows how they are going to implement this

25-Oct-2014 19:57:48 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2014 20:02:37 by Lenny

Vehicle

Vehicle

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not too crazy about the 200k Corperal beast idea. Why 200k? Why not "You must have 200 Quest Points to enter" or have a certain amount of wealth on you to get in? Spending money to get in makes little sense. And with the possibility of a second Corperal beast, don't you think its fair to add the Grand Exchange into the game soon? It's a pain getting so may various items from NPC's, bosses, and minigame rewards (Barbarian assault), exc. and not being able to easily sell them quickly. For example, Sparc Mac, a famous runescape streamer, has to occasionally round up his fans in game and sell like 60 items that takes him like longer than 1 hour to sell. He could sell all his junk items or w/e in G.E. and save so much time on stream. I can't express how painfully boring it is to get all the rewards I get from gambling in Barbarian Assault and having to contact over 40 people to sell all my items. Yes, occasionally bank sales do solve the issue, but not when the items you have don't appeal to the players that trade you or are too expensive for them to buy. Level 60's do bank sales and HOPE someone buys most of their items, but its outdated for most players my combat level without a lot of patience to do bank sales.

25-Oct-2014 20:15:00 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2014 20:23:33 by Vehicle

Oblv XB

Oblv XB

Posts: 4,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
whats the point of instances if there are no gravestones, if we happen to die and the rest of the team ends up teleporting we cannot get back into the instance and we lose our gear permanently.

nice implied item sink.
UNBAN 3RD AGE MAGE.
BRING BACK JACK!

25-Oct-2014 22:28:37

God no

God no

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These are all great ideas, and I love the new crossbow!

It would be cool though (and I'm totally unbiased :P ) if Ironmen had icons on the little right click menus. It would be helpful if people who saw me in my crappy gear knew I was an Ironman just by right clicking :P

25-Oct-2014 23:28:43

P E A C E
Jun Member 2022

P E A C E

Posts: 3,720 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still don't understand the mechanics of the corp instance thing.

How long would the instanced area last? How many people could use it? What would make the instanced area go away (if all players left, if they dced for 5 minutes, etc.). Would the 200k be split among all the players or would one person have to pay it? 200k per entry is pretty terrible seeing as how most 5-6 man teams bank every 2-3 kills.

26-Oct-2014 00:44:34

Nesje

Nesje

Posts: 5,341 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Question: Should a right-click 'change gauntlets' option be added to the family crest brothers?

Just make one gauntlet that has all the three effects.. Gauntlet of the Brothers or something. It's not like it's overpowered or a real gold sink.

26-Oct-2014 08:38:07

Quick find code: 380-381-115-65504595 Back to Top