Forums

Death Mechanics Clarification

Quick find code: 380-381-113-65502116

Shieldbreak

Shieldbreak

Posts: 5,052 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And it is still ongoing and still no fix in sight. I think its about time you swallow your pride and do what is right for the player base as a whole. Remove the items being lost on death altogether. Keeping it just leaves players as walking loot bags. Other games have long since thrown out this penalty for the very reasons and problems we are having now.

The death penalty of spawning clear back at lumbridge is more then enough (or at fally or camelot if you did those quests). We can understand that this issue is not an easy fix and that when it is fixed it will be short lived until a new attack happens. What we can not understand is you sitting on your hands as the player base suffers these attacks.

2-3 minute timers do not help especially if you are disconnected. And it is a problem while doing any combat in osrs not just at bosses. Down at barrows? open a door dc as brother spawns boom back at lumbridge. Killing dragons and run out to get loot? You can dc as it spawns and die. Running through a multi combat area dc and die from the multiple attacks. Any mob in osrs can be extremely dangerous if you dc at the wrong moment.

We need a fix that will completely minimize the devastation from a dc. Its a lot more acceptable to know that if you dc and die your hard work is protected and you will not lose it. And players can tolerate that. But very few can tolerate losing their hard work at any time to a dc completely out of control.

You asked in the Q and A would we be asking for this if this wasn't an issue? The fact is it is an issue. Its an ongoing issue. And one you yourselves have said that will probably be an ongoing issue. You fix the current attacks then when a new one happens we are back to square 1. We need a permanent fix that can protect your player base now. Players will only tolerate it so long before moving on to another game entirely. Just my 2 gp on the subject.

28-Oct-2014 12:24:43

Sharp Mind

Sharp Mind

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yea, great they add death mechanics , but not in corp room , just lovely , considering if u die on corp and they deny u access to the server for 1 min ended losing over 10m on gear + untradables , Paying money for a game that dont even work properly sad.

28-Oct-2014 17:46:14

Lil Yeeter
Mar Member 2019

Lil Yeeter

Posts: 727 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
27nuke said :
Shieldbreak said :

Besides that what is the point of a combat level requirement when it was only there to stop looters but no need of it as no loot can be looted from there.

^^This^^ If you want to stop looters, this death mechanic does that. Not that it fixes the issue with disconnects, but then I guess you can't have everything. And I don't get what's the big deal about stopping looters. You don't want looting, poll gravestones.

But back to the main point. What's with the combat requirement for corp already? If I want to take my lvl 3 skiller bossing, why do you care? Lvl 126 players can and will loot if the guy next to them dies at corp. What difference does it make who gets the loot?

As someone already said when u originally asked, corp heals more if more people are in the world. People looting on their spares makes it harder for legitimate corp killers to actually kill corp.

03-Nov-2014 15:45:18

Quick find code: 380-381-113-65502116 Back to Top