Forums

Death Mechanics Clarification

Quick find code: 380-381-113-65502116

I Need Rizla

I Need Rizla

Posts: 723 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These changes have helped alot of people I guess.
But when the world Disconnects completely, if people die, log back on, they have no loot pile, which means they've lost their void/fire cape/fighter hat, or whatever other untradeables they may have had.

Also a quick question..

I died at Corp Beast due to me being silly, but made it back in time to get my items, but yet when I picked up my Berserker Ring, it was un-imbued, why?
Friends have died and lost their slayer helmets, run back to loot their pile, and their masks were still imbued, how could this be?

20-Oct-2014 14:32:33

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Need Rizla said :
I died at Corp Beast due to me being silly, but made it back in time to get my items, but yet when I picked up my Berserker Ring, it was un-imbued, why?

Rings lose there imbuement on death, it was a feature that was added to ensure that if you died it could be looted (either by the pker or in a boss situation presumably a friend).
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

20-Oct-2014 14:43:21

I Need Rizla

I Need Rizla

Posts: 723 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
I Need Rizla said :

Rings lose there imbuement on death, it was a feature that was added to ensure that if you died it could be looted (either by the pker or in a boss situation presumably a friend).

Thanks for clearing that up for me :) .

20-Oct-2014 14:48:33

Kilot
Jan Member 2007

Kilot

Posts: 18,854 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a shame it's even needed even though it's not the fault of the player they are still taking the risk of entering such high rewarding bosses if they die and loose their stuff then it's their problem and no one else's. *´¨)¸.*´ Kilot ~ Failed RuneScape player.
Zeros will be done, worship the empty lord

20-Oct-2014 15:05:04

Shieldbreak

Shieldbreak

Posts: 5,052 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kilot said :
It's a shame it's even needed even though it's not the fault of the player they are still taking the risk of entering such high rewarding bosses if they die and loose their stuff then it's their problem and no one else's.

And it is the players fault how exactly when its a network issue? Are they supposed to pay for a game and then not be able to enjoy playing the game? I'm sure those who are dying from this did not pay a membership fee to stand in a bank and do bank skills.

20-Oct-2014 15:08:04

Oblv XB

Oblv XB

Posts: 4,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sorry but im pretty sure a good amount of people knew about this, but this doesn't solve the world ddosing and us losing items.

let me give you a real example:

ddos begins
people die and world disconnects
people log out because of DC
run back, and cannot see our own stuff (because of the update you did to drops)
we lose our valuable items.

In fact, i heard one of the ddosers yesterday to a drop party for his clan (Anonymous community) which was worth about 100m.

put gravestones in like a majority of us want and we wont have this problem, i'm done wasting my time with a game that wont do anything about server security or proper death mechanics so the players don't lose their items to AN UNFAIR ILLEGAL ADVANTAGE!
UNBAN 3RD AGE MAGE.
BRING BACK JACK!

20-Oct-2014 15:51:28 - Last edited on 20-Oct-2014 15:52:24 by Oblv XB

Shieldbreak

Shieldbreak

Oblv XB said :
sorry but im pretty sure a good amount of people knew about this, but this doesn't solve the world ddosing and us losing items.

ddos begins

In fact, i heard one of the ddosers yesterday to a drop party for his clan (Anonymous community) which was worth about 100m.

put gravestones in like a majority of us want and we wont have this problem, i'm done wasting my time with a game that wont do anything about server security or proper death mechanics so the players don't lose their items to AN UNFAIR ILLEGAL ADVANTAGE!

Problem with grave stones is if you log out in the case of a dc your items pop right away any way i believe. So will not fix it. I think its beyond time we do away with the you drop items when you die mechanic in every part of the game but the wilderness.

20-Oct-2014 15:56:32

Oblv XB

Oblv XB

Posts: 4,956 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shieldbreak said :
Oblv XB said :

ddos begins

Problem with grave stones is if you log out in the case of a dc your items pop right away any way i believe. So will not fix it. I think its beyond time we do away with the you drop items when you die mechanic in every part of the game but the wilderness.

nope, false & incorrect.

even if you disconnect, log out with an active (blessed or unblessed) gravestone, you can still run back to your items without a single problem and they do not appear for anyone else but you for that duration. GraveStones are legitimately the BEST method for this issue.
UNBAN 3RD AGE MAGE.
BRING BACK JACK!

20-Oct-2014 16:47:57

Shieldbreak

Shieldbreak

Oblv XB said :
Shieldbreak said :
Oblv XB said :

ddos begins

nope, false & incorrect.

even if you disconnect, log out with an active (blessed or unblessed) gravestone, you can still run back to your items without a single problem and they do not appear for anyone else but you for that duration. GraveStones are legitimately the BEST method for this issue.

Well i wasn't 100% sure as i never logged out when i had died in the past so was unclear as to whether or not they would appear to those around if you were disconnected. Although would they be able to do this with the 2 minute limit they have on protecting items i wonder?

20-Oct-2014 16:50:53

Quick find code: 380-381-113-65502116 Back to Top