Forums

Make Treasure Hunter P2P

Quick find code: 366-367-897-65967156

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Radio53kip said :
ask again, What possible explanation do you have that this is sufficient reason enough to make whole TH P2P?

Please look to what I'm refering at instead of avoiding the question.

Im not avoiding your question, i just dont see the point in repeating whats already been said.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

21-Mar-2018 11:35:13

Radio53kip

Radio53kip

Posts: 1,084 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Radio53kip said :
ask again, What possible explanation do you have that this is sufficient reason enough to make whole TH P2P?

Please look to what I'm refering at instead of avoiding the question.

Im not avoiding your question, i just dont see the point in repeating whats already been said.

You are avoiding the question.

You say that the 'majority' of prizes are P2P, so TH should be P2P. Again, what explanation do you have that TH should be turned P2P just because there are P2P prizes on it?
Pure F2P Veteran
|
F2P Completionist

Check out my F2P: Best in Slot guide

21-Mar-2018 11:37:45

yes TacoTaco

yes TacoTaco

Posts: 3,862 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All you should probably know is that Jagex has qualified strategists and marketing schemes more over than just plainly using an agenda against F2P to make it purely P2P when it can potentially help their business more by making F2P subscribe to use Members items won on Treasure Hunter for more monetary decisions and better gains :)

21-Mar-2018 11:45:51

boidae
Sep Member 2023

boidae

Posts: 2,931 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think f2p should be entitled to tasters of everything in rs, i.e some skills, some quests, some minigames, etc

but there was that dude who did 2k accounts to test something th, they must of all been f2p

21-Mar-2018 13:51:50

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 820 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Radio53kip, you wanted hard core proof to why TH should be P2P, then here it is.

According to [1] it states that most of the rewards are P2P and some can't be cashed out, thus any F2Per's earned or bought keys can be said to be wasted. They even suggest F2P not to pay for the keys.

Further more according to [2] not everything that TH can offer, can be the possible prizes per chest unlock. For example, for one key unlock there could be a 200M prize, but the next key use may not have 200M on the possible prizes that a player can win. Thus there is a chance that all prizes could just be Members items. [2] and [4] also states that F2P can only earn 1 heart of day only as well as 1 key a day, which could be considered a useless key if the scenario in the previous sentence occurs.

According to [3], a post that a JMOD made to the forums, Jagex is now working to make most TH prizes cosmetic, and not everyone in RS is a cosmetic freak. IMO, most fashionistas are P2P in this game. Also, most of the good cosmetic items have Very rare chances of win, and some are P2P prizes.

According to [5] there are very few valuable items that F2P can win and use in TH that are worth more than 100K via cash out or GE. Also the largest pure cash prize a F2P can win and use according to [5] and [6] via a medium cash bag is 112,220 GP. Also, according to [5] most of the items that a F2P can win and use, are either fairly common, uncommon, rare, or very rare.

Lastly but not least, all armor and weapons equipment that can be won are members items according to [5].

[1] http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Free-to-play/Compared_to_Members#Treasure_Hunter_limitations

[2] http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

[3] http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?366,367,817,65960268

[4] https://www.runehq.com/minigame/treasure-hunter

[5] http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter/Rewards

[6] http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Medium_cash_bag
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

23-Mar-2018 04:01:19 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2018 04:05:51 by Doorknob747

Radio53kip

Radio53kip

Posts: 1,084 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[1]: I wouldn't call some text on an editable wiki hard core proof. If you look at the rewards then I can clearly see that most rewards have a use.

[2]: Do you even math? Yes it is possible that one keeps landing on useless items, but the total chance for a larger amount reduces significantly. (e.g. rolling 100 'useless' P2P items in a row is nearly impossible to achieve).

[3]: Cosmetics are tied to promotions, which are generally open for everyone to get. You're probably only looking at purple slots containing some of the Rare Store rewards, and purple slots hardly occur.

[4]: Ok. Nothing new.

[5]: What has the first part to do with this? Oh no a random lucky F2P player managed to get 100k, something that is earned in matter of minutes normally.
Also the second part is false as there is equipment available for F2P.

[6]: Actually the highest level a F2P can get is 1750 (it even says so on the page that P2P skills above the cap aren't counted), so if you actually do the math one can get at most between 50.409 and 61.611, and you would even need to max out first. Again this is just pennies in comparison of what one can earn.

You're also missing the fact that white rewards are the most common rewards to roll, and are generally filled with stars. Have you even tried doing TH for a good while (without freezing) and track the rewards? You'll notice that most rewards obtained have use in F2P, one way or another, and the value in total isn't really much.
Pure F2P Veteran
|
F2P Completionist

Check out my F2P: Best in Slot guide

23-Mar-2018 07:50:13 - Last edited on 23-Mar-2018 07:50:46 by Radio53kip

Quick find code: 366-367-897-65967156 Back to Top