Forums

F2P: Best in Slot guide

Quick find code: 98-99-262-66147692

Radio53kip

Radio53kip

Posts: 1,084 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello and welcome to my F2P: Best in Slot guide!

Although the F2P section of the game is rather limited, there's still a decent amount of gear to be found in there. This guide is made to list the best items and utilities one can use in F2P.

To keep things organized, I've moved the guide over to docs for better maintainability and presentation. The guide can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Hb-nZHteXLmsQubhfeF6ovxMzCWZ81KoIXAE-E2SM0/edit?usp=sharing

This guide will be updated as content is released and introduce new items worthy on the list.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to post them here.

Thank you :)

V3.1: Updated up to content of 6 November 2023; Added DXP Token store as source.
Pure F2P Veteran
|
F2P Completionist

Check out my F2P: Best in Slot guide

20-Mar-2020 19:05:49 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2023 15:43:44 by Radio53kip

Eliuaustin

Eliuaustin

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great guide. I have a couple suggestions to consider adding:

You might add that full ghost hunter gives 10% extra xp when fighting ghosts/revenants.

The new archaeology sigil, while not technically 'gear,' is a juicy extra 500 hp that every free player should take advantage of.

It might be worth adding the best foods to your list, as few players are likely to know that undercooked mystery meat is the best food available once your constitution is high enough. I have not checked if the Archaeology bonus affects it, but if it does, it would make it even better. (maybe even note that expensive spices in inventory can help heal a tiny bit faster, which may have its uses for PvP).

Finally, for the pocket slot, perhaps note that the Spring Cleaner is F2P (although I am not sure if it can currently be obtained). While it is rarely profitable to disassemble anymore, some players may still find it useful while PvMing to clean some drops and alch salvage. Seedicide is also F2P pocket slot, but cleaning seeds for Farming xp is pretty useless since we can only get up to lvl 5.

EDIT: It is still possible for F2P to get the Starfire/fury cape, armour and weapons, as well as exquisite weapons/shield. I just got my cape (yay!) today by dropping 20+ mil on a bond and redeeming for the Portable Trader. If you have enough bonus exp and/or some luck, the BiS cape is yours.
Soli Deo Gloria

28-Jul-2020 04:23:48 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2020 06:19:37 by Eliuaustin

ZeppyyyZ

ZeppyyyZ

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
how did you get the cape ? im trying to get it if its still possible , but im sure that the ores are impossible now . but i can try to collect bonus exp in the meanwhile if it comes back or a better f2p cape comes around . Any tips that i should start doing now if the event ever comes back ?

27-Oct-2021 01:22:42

Amascutian

Amascutian

Posts: 546 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The starfire/fury cape is sold by Vix but it isn't a guaranteed reward. Don't waste your bonus xp on starfire equipment, it's a ripoff. Use Gwd or veteran cape instead. If you really want that cape you can summon him for a cost of a bond but you are better off using that on membership.

28-Oct-2021 16:51:59 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2021 17:38:21 by Amascutian

The contents of this message have been hidden.

15-Feb-2022 21:05:06

Quick find code: 98-99-262-66147692 Back to Top