Forums

Make Treasure Hunter P2P

Quick find code: 366-367-897-65967156

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 820 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Doorknob747 said :
Agreed for most of the extremely rare items, but not all.

???

The untradeable cosmetic rares or costumes, are the only rares that f2p might be able to use. And on top of that, it too is a hard to get the f2p ones. Out of all the untradeable very rare, costume/cosmetic wins only a very select few of them can be used by f2p.

Now @Sneaky Mario has been saying that what ever the OPer says is bs. Well the thing is that for an f2p standard having 50m is being rich, while having 2.4b is being rich for a P2P. The problem here is that, most p2p only items are worth a lot more that f2p items. Which leads to my next point that, the P2P rares in Treasure Hunter are also very high value P2P items like for example 200m.

On top of that, I think the reason why P2P's think that most items in TH are trash is because they do not know how to use those items. For example, most P2P's would rather sell 1,000 magic note papers than even use them. Well that's the problem.

@Whatusaytome, is correct in some sense but mostly not entirely. The only few things in TH that f2p can find useful is like the magic notepaper, the dwarven tools, the portables, and the rare cosmetic/costumes as described above on this post. However I have to say that most of the items are garbage. Like I get pissed even as a f2p to see i one 5 newt eyeballs.

Another thing, what @Sneaky Mario said about a problem where P2P also get garbage F2P items, can be fixed if TH becomes P2P. If TH becomes P2P, Jagex can possibly add more P2P items to TH. The reason being that TH would be only P2P.

However if I were to talk in a extremely personal point of view, the only thing that would make me want to keep TH as F2P would be, if that if bonds became a F2P prize in TH. It would only make sense then to keep TH an F2P thing.
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

25-Feb-2018 04:50:21

Marco Vane

Marco Vane

Posts: 264 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ignoring whatever +1 man is saying...

I get to bank whatever lucky items I happen to win. Since I sub to members intermittently, that means they're still of some use to me.

No support. If anything, having members items accumulating in the bank provides an incentive to subscribe.

25-Feb-2018 12:57:49

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Marco Vane said :

I get to bank whatever lucky items I happen to win. Since I sub to members intermittently, that means they're still of some use to me.

No support. If anything, having members items accumulating in the bank provides an incentive to subscribe.

But you can not bank all the mem items that can be gotten from TH. For example, some lamps and a few select items are not bankable.

Also, there are a lot of players in F2P who plan to never become a member, and stay as F2P thru the entire game. So in that case it does not make it an incentive but rather a mess in the bank. On top of that, there is no option for F2P players to cash out there wins, even if the items that they win are F2P winnable items.

Also on a side note, TH is probably more valuable to P2P players rather than F2P.
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

26-Feb-2018 21:53:07

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Sci said :
Doorknob747 said :
Getting bonds fast is very big loss for Jagex in terms of profit
You don't understand bonds at all do you? People paying with bonds actually gets Jagex more money than if they paid with cash. If there weren't people buying bonds and using them they'd be worthless and jagex wouldn't be able to sell any.

More bonds being sold on GE means more F2P players getting a "DISCOUNTED VERSION" of membership. Getting membership directly actually gets more profit per transaction than one bonds sold per transaction.

Now the BS that F2P gets from treasure hunter is sold on the GE (leading to price inflation). This extra form of income is making F2P players obtain bonds much more easier.

The TH is making a waterfall effect for F2P players to buy a "discounted form" of membership from GE. It does not matter if someone else payed for a membership. The discount is what is decreasing the profit! You guys are taking profit as no revenue, which is not what less profit means.

Now to talk about Treasure Hunter. I am agreeing with what @Draco Burnz is saying that almost everything in TH is crap. The only one thing that I like on TH is magic note paper.

10-Mar-2018 23:12:25

Swift Punch
Dec Member 2011

Swift Punch

Posts: 3,644 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent said :
Getting bonds fast is very big loss for Jagex in terms of profit

Its not a loss for Jagex. Every bond, with the exception of a few Jagex gave away, means someone paid real money for it, before someone bought the bond for GP and redeemed it.

Jagex probably profits more if you pay for membership with bonds than if you paid with real money, because someone paid real money for that bond first, effectively paying for that player's membership who paid GP for the bond.

I honestly dont understand where the OP was going with this, I think he's a bit slow.

11-Mar-2018 17:03:01

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

[quote id=366-367-897-65967156-34-342586593][quote id=366-367-897-65967156-2-342027609][chocolate]Getting bonds fast is very big loss for Jagex in terms of profit[/chocolate] I think he's a bit slow.[/quote] I actually only realized yesterday that 1 month of membership via bonds is more profit for jagex. Let us get back on the topic of making TH P2P. JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

11-Mar-2018 20:28:28

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,955 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Coming across Treasure Hunter early on in their gaming experience will hurt new player retention once they realize that runescape is so focused on MTX. Bonds for ability bars, bonds for runemetrics, bonds for presets, solomon's for bank spaces, solomon's cosmetics, and a chance-based lootbox interface that injects the game with items arbitrarily, promotions every week.

It's insane that all this is happening in a subscription-based game.

So yeah, reducing the number of MTX in f2p would be good. Removing it outright from the game is better.

(reposting my feedback here as the other thread has been locked)
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

21-Mar-2018 02:05:48

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said :
Coming across Treasure Hunter early on in their gaming experience will hurt new player retention once they realize that runescape is so focused on MTX. Bonds for ability bars, bonds for runemetrics, bonds for presets, solomon's for bank spaces, solomon's cosmetics, and a chance-based lootbox interface that injects the game with items arbitrarily, promotions every week.

It's insane that all this is happening in a subscription-based game.

So yeah, reducing the number of MTX in f2p would be good. Removing it outright from the game is better

Th isnt going anywhere so...
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

21-Mar-2018 02:20:54

Quick find code: 366-367-897-65967156 Back to Top