Forums

"We know players like TH..."

Quick find code: 366-367-799-66139869

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
...the way it is because of the number of people that engage with it." - from the Q&A

So this is a response from the J Mods regarding TH. I was thinking about this, as personally I'm very pro-TH. It allows me to level up quite quickly without dedicating my entire life to Runescape.

Now, my question though, to the non-iron community, is how often do you use TH? Do you use it every single day you log in? Do you barely use it? Personally, I can't remember the last day I logged in and didn't use the TH keys included with my membership!
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

22-Jan-2020 00:57:51 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2020 01:01:30 by Jakey Boy

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,543 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I normally just use the one free daily key. I save up my earned keys to use on the promos I like, such as Loot Duels.

I do not buy keys. Period.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
"...From The 'Scape" is very nearly here.

23-Jan-2020 21:32:40

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

CuddleBucket said :
Pretty much everyone but whales just uses their 3/2 spins per day.
Just a statement not a complaint - I support whales, they make my membership free.
Dong U Dead said :
I use my keys every day on my main. I don't bother using the free key for any of my alts.
Aslon Dak said :
I normally just use the one free daily key. I save up my earned keys to use on the promos I like, such as Loot Duels.

I do not buy keys. Period.
Interesting, so it seems that everyone so far does use TH very regularly. Every day they log in actually. I guess there is truth to Jagex's statement.

23-Jan-2020 22:25:37

Spaex

Spaex

Posts: 214 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just returned to game again a few weeks ago and now I interact with TH on a daily base, because otherwise I would not get this daily free key every day again...

Do I like free stuff? Yes.
Do I like the possibility to get some cool stuff, as some is for f2p too? Yes.
Do I like pay to win? No.
Do I care if others want to take advantage of their wealth? No. I play for my goals, others for theirs.

To be honest I don't know a lot about TH, is there a safety barrier for minors? If not there should be one. Else I guess I can be grateful that ppl spend Money on that. Perhaps otherwise I could not play for free anymore.
est. 2004

23-Jan-2020 22:58:58

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why would players not claim free gifts from the free content they are entitled to?

Jagex give out free items/content often for members, for instance, free monthly items from SGS, and free bankslots occasionally etc. They are all parts of the game and come totally free for members. Why would one not claim them?

Daily TH keys are even more free than SGS monthly free items, why would free players not use them happily?

23-Jan-2020 23:37:13

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Dilbert2001 said :
Yes, players will always choose to engage in content they enjoy. For example, I only skill if I feel like skilling. When I enjoy it I will skill. When I don't enjoy it I won't skill. If it gives me something that I would like I will engage in that content. TH is content just like anything else in the game.

24-Jan-2020 03:40:44

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Spaex said :
is there a safety barrier for minors?
I think only the barrier to stop minors from playing RS3 in general. Implementing a safety barrier would have negative consequences for Jagex as that would indicate that they saw it as gambling.

Also, it's great to hear that you also engage in TH. Thanks!

24-Jan-2020 03:42:16

Quick find code: 366-367-799-66139869 Back to Top