Forums

"We know players like TH..."

Quick find code: 366-367-799-66139869

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jakey Boy said :
Theos said :
I've liked Squeal of Fortune, and Treasure Hunter
Samesies! And that's been proven even in this thread!

I can't really comment on the rest as Jagex shares the same view as the start of your comment.

The key word in my first sentence was daily , since I like the concept of daily keys to promote regular logins and an active community. You're right though, they could use that first sentence there as a testimonial. :P
Forum Moderator

28-Jan-2020 13:22:50

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Do we base success off of player engagement? Different teams have different things that they look at. When we say engagement, we mean reach which comprises of a lot of factors. For example, for the live ops team:
how people are participating/spending
, differentiating between people using just daily keys/free currencies.
It's not as simple as '100% people have used this today, so this is successful content.
'"

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/eva6ej/tldw_470_general_qa_with_mod_warden/

So Jagex said participation (using free TH keys) alone doesn't make a "successful content". When they said a certain promotion is successful, they looked at the spending part too.

29-Jan-2020 19:18:45

The contents of this message have been hidden.

31-Jan-2020 04:33:21

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

Posts: 994 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theos said :
Jakey Boy said :
Theos said :

I can't really comment on the rest as Jagex shares the same view as the start of your comment.

The key word in my first sentence was daily , since I like the concept of daily keys to promote regular logins and an active community. You're right though, they could use that first sentence there as a testimonial. :P

Well, 20 bonds gets VIP status which essentially gives 365 extra dailies keys on top of the regular 2 for members, for the year and idk how many extra bonds to get the double keys...

20 bonds = 730 keys from members + VIP, + potential for extra keys and membership for a year.
Or, 20 bonds = 300 keys.

I do not think buying keys is an unfair advantage.

Uve been a member for 12 yrs. And use ur keys daily... Cheap skate.

Btw, 12yrs of membership is like an extra 4000 keys, or 250 bonds. Why do u resent players buying keys when u've had so so many free keys (included with ur membership)?. I mean, u did pay for membership, didn't u? U bought those keys.
Dear God, please send the competition, feels like there ain't any.
I long lost count of the victories, there were just far too many.

31-Jan-2020 11:09:23 - Last edited on 31-Jan-2020 11:23:20 by Bel Tiamat

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bel Tiamat said :
Theos said :
Jakey Boy said :
Theos said :

Well, 20 bonds gets VIP status which essentially gives 365 extra dailies keys on top of the regular 2 for members, for the year and idk how many extra bonds to get the double keys...

20 bonds = 730 keys from members + VIP, + potential for extra keys and membership for a year.
Or, 20 bonds = 300 keys.

I do not think buying keys is an unfair advantage.

Uve been a member for 12 yrs. And use ur keys daily... Cheap skate.

Btw, 12yrs of membership is like an extra 4000 keys, or 250 bonds. Why do u resent players buying keys when u've had so so many free keys (included with ur membership)?. I mean, u did pay for membership, didn't u? U bought those keys.

No one is ranting about players here. I think the rant is regarding the ability to buy keys. This is a common discussion point; whether or not Treasure hunter keys should be buyable. Some players within this forum have expressed that buyable TH keys "devalue" their sense of achievements when they witness someone gaining copious amounts of XP in a short period of time of thousands and thousands of skilling items (proteans, pulse cores, etc).

The additional daily key over the span of years is a drop in the bucket compared to the ability to buy hundreds, and thousands of keys. There are players who have maxed accounts through buying TH keys.

( Continued )
Forum Moderator

31-Jan-2020 13:31:51

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

I think if a survey was conducted regarding player perception of TH keys, alot of folks who indicate that they use TH daily keys because they don't want to "fall behind". This doesn't mean they enjoy, or love it. The key here, is administering a survey that asks a variety of questions to allow players to provide real feedback about their perception of TH and the promotions. I think Jagex should conduct a survey about all micotransactions.

Someone who supports daily keys isn't necessarily supportive of buyable keys. I have witnessed over the years the changes in Squeal of Fortune/Treasure Hunter, and how the promotions have gotten more and more enticing as far as offering copious amounts of XP/Bonus XP/Skilling supplies.
Forum Moderator

31-Jan-2020 13:35:42

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

@NonMax Jake regarding your comment:

"Cool. Though we already know that, <name twisting removed>"

Obviously what I quoted was from Jagex specific Q&A Livestream. If "we" (meaning ALL Jagex players) knew that they would not have asked the question.

31-Jan-2020 17:20:40

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theos said :
I think if a survey was conducted regarding player perception of TH keys, alot of folks who indicate that they use TH daily keys because they don't want to "fall behind". This doesn't mean they enjoy, or love it. The key here, is administering a survey that asks a variety of questions to allow players to provide real feedback about their perception of TH and the promotions. I think Jagex should conduct a survey about all micotransactions.

Someone who supports daily keys isn't necessarily supportive of buyable keys. I have witnessed over the years the changes in Squeal of Fortune/Treasure Hunter, and how the promotions have gotten more and more enticing as far as offering copious amounts of XP/Bonus XP/Skilling supplies.
Do you think people would vote to remove daily keys (either overall or the additional ones from membership/premier club)?
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

01-Feb-2020 01:15:33

The contents of this message have been hidden.

01-Feb-2020 01:16:19

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

For those who did not watch the Q&A Livestream last week and/or did not go to other social media like r/runescape for such information, this statement:

"We know players like TH......the way it is because of the number of people that engage with it." is incomplete.

Mod Warden and Mod Osborne have clearly said they also looked at the monetisation results in addition to the sheer force of participation for free to determine if a promotion is successful. They said there are some who like the more transparent aspects of the new promotion but there are also some who prefer the more original TH promotion(s).

01-Feb-2020 18:20:57

Quick find code: 366-367-799-66139869 Back to Top